MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

21 hours ago, TheRealDickDastardly said:

I wonder if R2 is getting another redesign? His dome looks pretty shiny in that image, but we can't judge by a prelim.. 

This would be a perfect chance to give us a muddy version, much like the tarnished version of threepio that can with the sandcrawler. 

I have always wanted the Yoda's Hut set from 2004, but its almost impossible to find a good price for it online. I'm so happy that its being remade! I'm definitely getting this set! All the rest of the sets are same old Star Wars. 

I'm sure I'll get it too, but I hope they use more brown. Maybe they wanted to focus on interior color? Is that a reused yoda head from, rebels, was it? I really hope they're planning more snap together dagobah components! Xwing/Swamp/r2 vs dragonsnake, Vader cave, more training areas, force ghost encounter...

Wow what a disappointment. No new figures(maybe some updated printing but no new characters) and lackluster builds. Grevious's speeder is way too big with very little else in the set and little detail, Yoda's Hut is an okay design overall but needs to be a bigger, better set, the Tatooine BP is great for some but means nothing for me. The only thing of interest is the Clone Trooper/Jedi BP as I can never get enough Phase 2 Clones and I missed out on Ki-adi-Mundi and Coleman Trebor.

26 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

Can anyone give a hint where to find the images? They are not in the usual place as they have been removed.

There are mirrors in the usual place.

16 hours ago, Nexo Bricks said:

- Han Solo Microfighters have interesting designs, so I'm curious to see how the actual sets turn out.

They are The Last Jedi microfighters.

After finding some images of the buildable figures, I'm super happy about those so far. Boba Fett and Darth Maul look fantastic. Vader was completely unnecessary, I have no idea why they wasted a slot to give us a character we already have a fantastic figure of. Oh well, at least he has a removable helmet which is pretty cool.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They are The Last Jedi microfighters.

The Falcon (with Chewbacca) and TIE?

Or did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

The Falcon (with Chewbacca) and TIE?

Or did I miss something?

There's 2 more blank boxes of dual pack Microfighters , who knows what these could be.

New Falcon looks substantially better. Of course the 700$ price tag that has been circulating around is not so much. It looks great though and I'm sure this will drive down the price of the original Falcon. Looking forward to in depth pictures!

Edit: I just realized that I am in the wrong thread to talk about this. Apologies! Please move/delete!

Edited by Rickyragharp
Foolhardiness

The sets look amazing. I actually plan to get all of them for once. I don't yet have a Mace Windu, Grevious, Coleman Treblr or Ki Adi Mundi. Also the Tatooine battle pack will go alongside well with the Landspeeder!

i just bought Yoda's Starfighter this Summer for my first Yoda and an updated R2, but I'll still get his hut since I've wanted that scene for so long.

Did anyone else literally LOL when they read "75208 Great Playset Yoda's Home"? 

Grievous' speeder will no doubt be $50AUD so unless Kmart, Target, Big W or somewhere else has it for $30AUD or below (like they have been doing with the republic tank and vader transformation sets) I'll be passing. Yoda's hut intrigued me at first considering it's been rumored for about a year at this point, but looking at it it's too square for me. Maybe I'll get it just for the parts if it goes on clearance. Can't wait to see TLJ and Han Solo sets.

Edited by Brikkyy13
Stating currency. I wish people on the internet wouldn't assume everyone is American but oh well.

32 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Grievous' speeder will no doubt be $50 so unless Kmart, Target, Big W or somewhere else has it for $30 or below (like they have been doing with the republic tank and vader transformation sets) I'll be passing. Yoda's hut intrigued me at first considering it's been rumored for about a year at this point, but looking at it it's too square for me. Maybe I'll get it just for the parts if it goes on clearance. Can't wait to see TLJ and Han Solo sets.

Grievous speeder for 50$? No way! It has the same box size as Yoda's hut and both look like 20-30$ sets so reasonable price for both.

There's no way 2 figures and a speeder will be $50. They look like re-release figures too. That's probably in line with the land speeder from the recent waves which was £20.

40 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Goodness, those 2018 sets are so lazy. I guess staff are assigned to TLJ and the Han Solo film...

Im genuinely puzzled that a 'Yoda's hut' excites people...

It's the first time we've seen a set based on Dagobah in 13 years.

One question to the people that saw the picture of Grievous's speeder? Does it conatain anything else besides the speeder Grievous and Mace?

Just now, mon-o-mat said:

One question to the people that saw the picture of Grievous's speeder? Does it conatain anything else besides the speeder Grievous and Mace?

In the preliminary pics: no. 

4 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's the first time we've seen a set based on Dagobah in 13 years.

Yeah...but is that enough? A beautiful diorama would have been nice...this is a budget set. Of a hut.