MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Smallest is Battlepack. And other three prices are: 30€, 60€ and 80€.

Oh, well that's much smaller than I thought, but still not bad. Seems like they'll be location based aside from the speeder then.

I'd kill for the BP to be four of the Guards, but it's probably Resistance troops.

47 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Smallest is Battlepack. And other three prices are: 30€, 60€ and 80€.

What makes you say that the smallest one is a BP?

Also I believe the 60€ set could be the playset (achto maybe) while the 30€ could be a speeder or small ship like the crait wings or an A wing and the 80€ could be some thing new and exciting that we haven't seen yet!

There are some more close up images of the construction figures out now too in the same places. 

Also, I was convinced the next lot of TLJ sets were out at the start of December. Don't know where I had this from but I'm gutted it's later than I thought. 

The inclusion of Coleman Trebor in that battle pack is a little confusing. Aside from the fact that he shouldn't appear with RotS Clone Troopers, he's not a character that I think most collectors would want more than one or two of... having only appeared in one Jedi Council scene and the Battle of Geonosis. Ki Adi Mundi at least appeared in all three prequels and throughout the Clone Wars series. I'm hoping Trebor is just a placeholder, otherwise I'll only be buying one of this battle pack.

Not really seeing the point of the Tatooine battle pack or the Grievous speeder.... really wish they'd updated the Grievous starfighter over a speeder that barely figured into one episode of the Clone Wars. Yoda's Hut seems like the absolute smallest build they could get away with, which is a shame, given this is likely the only version of this location we'll see for a long time. 

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but this wave seems pretty meh. Hoping the remaining TLJ and Han Solo sets are more compelling...

I'm not sure my pocketbook can handle another 2017 release... I never thought I'd say that, but the stream seems to be flowing faster than ever...

On the other hand, Yoda's Hut looks amazing! Hopefully it gets a little more viney, "weathered" and natural looking before release. Something closer to the ewok village. It feels a tad cubic/boxy but I'm soooo glad they made it mostly enclosed. Awesome!

Been waiting a long time to stock up on cheap(er) Tusken Raiders and Jawas so that's a win. I love the little scene, stealing the droid. Of course it has stud shooters... lol. A missed opportunity to provide fans of A New Hope with an R5-D4. He's got a bad motivator, but that's okay. We don't all have good motivators. 

Battle Pack Classic microfighter style gunship is eww. Why does TLG insist on adding microfighter type ships/speeders in system scale packs? I'll take the figures and the spare parts, thanks. 

I would consider Grevious' combat speeder a win. Good pieces, great figures in a cheap set. 

While Yoda's hut looks fine enough, the colors are good and the inside might be the best part (once revealed) but I don't think the overall shape really shows a great tree. The only official system scale Yoda's Hut previously (Lego X Wing Fighter 4502, 2005) got the shape of the tree right and it was using a considerably darker palette. I hope the final version uses more conventional brown bricks, than tan. Ohhh, is that a 1x2 two-pin connector on the bottom?? Interesting. Please tell me it connects to a huge Dagobah swamp!!  

Yodas hut honestly doesn't look like his hut but whatever. The grievous speeder is what imagined and will get. The battle packs are a must. Very interested in the TLJ sets and the Han Solo ones.

Few observations/nitpicks regarding 75208

• Why the hell is Yoda's Hut called Great Playset Yoda's Home
  • Is that a flick fire missile in the top right of the playset I see? Why is it there? If it's not a flick missile, could it be an activator for a light brick?
  • There's an obviously missing tan windshield on the left side of the hut that's part of the opening.
  • Why tan yellow for the primary color of the set? It's too bright. 

Those are still prelim pics remember.  Yodas hut looks good enough. It certainly is big enough for being a set and small enough for being a cheap way to get those figs. So well done lego. If only they made a new yoda with the babyfig body  

I must say that i like the grievous set. Something none of us would have guessed to get. And it's good to see that they still make sets of the  first movies, just like the bp with coleman trebor and ki adi mundi. 

The jawa bp is also a nice one. Especially for the people that have tatooine dioramas. 

Just now, Borex said:

The jawa bp is also a nice one. Especially for the people that have tatooine dioramas. 

Yes, what a great way to build Jawa as well as Tusken Raider

But it's even better that they included an astromech.

I still have my old Cantina MOC... I will like make a big update to make it bigger next year.

3 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

• Is that a flick fire missile in the top right of the playset I see? Why is it there? If it's not a flick missile, could it be an activator for a light brick?
  •  

It looks like you're meant to place Yoda and Luke on the other side of the missile pice and then push it to launch them off as if they're swinging around the branch.

8 minutes ago, Borex said:

I must say that i like the grievous set. Something none of us would have guessed to get. And it's good to see that they still make sets of the  first movies, just like the bp with coleman trebor and ki adi mundi. 

Grievous' Comabt Speeder is actually from the clone wars, and never appeared in the Prequels.

download.jpg

Edited by Infinite Bricks

10 minutes ago, Infinite Bricks said:

Grievous' Comabt Speeder is actually from the clone wars, and never appeared in the Prequels.

That's even better that they keep giving us clone wars too

Just Yoda's Hut and maybe the Clone Wars BP (depending what type of face they use for Ki-Adi-Mundi, not a fan of the Clone Wars styling).

19 hours ago, Sportzjester said:

Is the FO Tie Pilot the special forces pilot from Kylo's new ship? That pilot has two red stripes on a slightly bulkier helmet compared to the FO Pilot we got earlier.

I think it is. 

2 hours ago, blurrkup said:

Just Yoda's Hut and maybe the Clone Wars BP (depending what type of face they use for Ki-Adi-Mundi, not a fan of the Clone Wars styling).

I think the Clone Wars heads are done, thankfully. Yoda's Starfighter this year had his regular head instead of the Clone Wars head.

10 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Did anyone else notice we are only getting 2 single microfighters with MF and FO Tie, but we're getting 2 packs as description in the catalog states!

I'm almost positive those are the unknown €19.99 sets Sir Von Lego mentioned in his price list in the other 2018 thread. I wonder what they could be...

Just now, Commodore Thrawn said:

I'm almost positive those are the unknown €19.99 sets Sir Von Lego mentioned in his price list in the other 2018 thread. I wonder what they could be...

Yeah boxes for these sets look like 20$ box. As for what could they be- boxes are blank so I assume TLJ themed builds.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Yeah boxes for these sets look like 20$ box. As for what could they be- boxes are blank so I assume TLJ themed builds.

Maybe they're trying something similar to the Mighty Micros from the super hero themes. They could be releasing 2 microfighters in one set. The pricing would make sense (€20). I know it's far fetched, but I can't think of anything else besides them being normal sets. But, if they were normal sets, why would they be on the same page with the microfighters?

So far I'll be picking up the Jedi BP and Yoda's Hut.  We obviously have a lot more sets to be reviled for the winter wave from TLJ. 

- Tatooine is a great army builder for Tusken Raiders and Jawas, and it has a decent build and an astromech droid, but the lack of a Sandtrooper is disappointing.

- Clone Wars battle pack on the other hand is amazing for me, as I have the Republic Tank, and I've been waiting to expand my clone army without forking over a ton of money. I like the inclusion of the Jedi, but I feel It would've been better just to include one. The build is alright, allbeit it looks like a scaled down Republic Gunship.

- I've been waiting for Yoda's hut for a while and as a $20 set, it is good. I like the inclusion of Dagobah Luke and a cheap way to get Yoda. The hut is a bit too light for my taste but that's alright. I do hope they add more natural 'swampy' elements to the build.

- Grievous Speeder is a nice set. I like that they're still doing CW sets and the build is nice. I do have a Grievous from the wheel bike, but the inclusion of Mace seals the deal for me.

- We are getting two TLJ sets on the cheaper side, so I'm hoping the $30 has a Luke.

- Han Solo Microfighters have interesting designs, so I'm curious to see how the actual sets turn out.

- Never really cared for the constraction figures, but BF and Maul are must haves.

Not as strong of a wave, but I do like what we're getting.

Grievous' Combat Speeder first appeared in The Clone Wars episode 'A Necessary Bond' from season five, it's a part of a really solid arc and I'm thrilled to build it! Plus Grievous and Mace with new printing.

Yoda's Hut is iconic, and Luke in Bespin fatigues and an OT printing for Yoda is exciting.

I have nothing negative to say about the battle packs, love Jawas, Jedi, and clones!

Four more The Last Jedi sets before the end of the year, too!