MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

4 hours ago, brobert said:

Boy, this thread is getting out of hand really fast...I can already barely follow, what is this with the Yoda hut again? 

Nothing new on the Yoda's Hut front, all we know so far is that it will have Yoda, Luke and R2 and will probably be priced at about $30.

2 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Nothing new on the Yoda's Hut front, all we know so far is that it will have Yoda, Luke and R2 and will probably be priced at about $30.

I mean that was already rumored for this year, is it now confirmed for 2018 from a reliable source?

I think Yoda's hut doesn't need to be that big. It probably will be open from the back to play in it. Some leafy stuff, some boxes, a snake. I just hope all the figs are updated. 

1 hour ago, Borex said:

I think Yoda's hut doesn't need to be that big. It probably will be open from the back to play in it. Some leafy stuff, some boxes, a snake. I just hope all the figs are updated. 

Yoda and R2 will most likely be the same as always (there is the possibility that R2 could be a muddy variant but I doubt it), Luke will probably be the only new figure for the set.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yoda and R2 will most likely be the same as always (there is the possibility that R2 could be a muddy variant but I doubt it), Luke will probably be the only new figure for the set.

The current Yoda is the prequel version, so we'll probably get an updated version for him.

I wonder if we might get a shorter version (using a similar body to Maggie Simpson, or even a micro new baby body so that Yoda could fit into Luke's Dagobah training backpack!

Also wondering if a brick-built swamp dragonsnake creature could feature?

Would love a dirty Dagobah R2! or something at least that will make him different from the hundreds of the standard one we seem to get in dozens of sets, the last variant was to change the colour of his eye to lilac in 2016, c,mon give us collectors something to get excited about.

We should get updated figs for all in Yoda's Hut except R2.  I don't understand why we aren't getting force ghost Obi though. 

Edited by Legoman123

12 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

We should get updated figs for all in Yoda's Hut except R2.  I don't understand why we aren't getting force ghost Obi though. 

It's too difficult and expensive for Lego to make translucent minifigures so that's why they wouldn't bother making ghost Obi-Wan.

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

It's too difficult and expensive for Lego to make translucent minifigures so that's why they wouldn't bother making ghost Obi-Wan.

I'm hoping now that they've created the transparent minifigs for the Pirates of the Caribbean Silent Mary that maybe we will get those force ghosts one day.

Wasn't there a rumor about a new UCS Star Destroyer like half a year ago? Or did that just turn out to be the Last Jedi one?

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

...Where did you hear that? They've made plenty of partially transparent figures in the past, such as in Ninjago or Chima. They've even done one within the SW theme! I see absolutely no reason why they couldn't just go all the way with it. Force ghost minifigs have been asked for for a long time.

With the way that Disney is handling the release schedule for the Star Wars movies, will it reduce the possibility of Lego updating older sets with updated minifigure designs? For example: Star Wars: The Last Jedi comes out on December 15, 2017 and Star Wars: Han Solo is possibly coming out on May 25, 2018.

55 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

With the way that Disney is handling the release schedule for the Star Wars movies, will it reduce the possibility of Lego updating older sets with updated minifigure designs? For example: Star Wars: The Last Jedi comes out on December 15, 2017 and Star Wars: Han Solo is possibly coming out on May 25, 2018.

It will probably just reduce the quantity of updated sets and figures. 

2 hours ago, Nokturn said:

...Where did you hear that? They've made plenty of partially transparent figures in the past, such as in Ninjago or Chima. They've even done one within the SW theme! I see absolutely no reason why they couldn't just go all the way with it. Force ghost minifigs have been asked for for a long time.

Arms, individual legs and heads are no big deal, the problem here are torso, hands and hips. Those parts would crack or break easily since translucent parts are made from a different type of plastic that can't withstand that kind of pressure :wink:

On 09.08.2017 at 5:08 PM, Nokturn said:

It's well know that Lego designers stated a few times that completely translucent minifigures is off the table. Yes we did get ghost from Ninjago but they only has parts like arms and legs translucent. Minifigure body can't be translucent at least for now. Maybe one day they will figure out how to make fully translucent minifigure but I'd guess it won't happen anytime soon.

Edited by benderisgreat

8 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:
9 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

It will probably just reduce the quantity of updated sets and figures. 

I think it will also mean that there will be a lot of scenes/models/minifigs that won't be represented (that would have otherwise), or at least delayed by years. Still no sign of "old Luke" after nearly 2 years, for example

9 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

It's we'll know that Lego designers stated a few times that completely translucent minifigures is off the table. Yes we did get ghost from Ninjago but they only has parts like arms and legs translucent. Minifigure body can't be translucent at least for now. Maybe one day they will figure out how to make fully translucent minifigure but I'd guess it won't happen anytime soon.

I even think they don't need to make them translucent if they went the Lord of the rings way. Just like the undead guys on that ship. Just print obi one on them and you have your force ghost. It's better to have something than nothing in this case. Plus you have an opportunity to create some exclusives (polybag or sdcc) that people really would dig (forceghost yoda and forceghost anakin)

17 minutes ago, TheRealDickDastardly said:

Thread is kinda dead and the other one is stuck in MF hyperbole. @SCREDEYE you mentioned that these sets are looking interesting in the other thread, care to elaborate on that? :)

Sorry, didn't mean to sound misleading, I've been very tired from work. My knowledge is only based on what we all know, I've been told some thing about the TLJ sets from a classmate of mine who works at a toy store (not lego) but I don't know how reliable his information is. 

4 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Sorry, didn't mean to sound misleading, I've been very tired from work. My knowledge is only based on what we all know, I've been told some thing about the TLJ sets from a classmate of mine who works at a toy store (not lego) but I don't know how reliable his information is. 

But winter sets for The Last Jedi?

I'm willing to bet that the winter TLJ sets are four of these (since there's rumored to be four):

• Resistance "Ski-Speeder" (which has already been rumored to be the "Sandspeeder")
  • Canto Bight play set (it's a pretty important place in the movie, and it would be a chance to release a "DJ" figure)
  • Canto Bight police speeder (another chance to release "DJ" or some other Canto Bight characters)
  • An Ahch-To play set (chance to release an old Luke figure and a cheaper way to get Rey)
  • A Resistance A-Wing (it's a pretty prominent ship in the movie, and it could be a chance to release a TLJ Leia figure)
  • First Order TIE Bomber (three can be seen on the full box art for the F.O. Scout Walker)
Edited by Commodore Thrawn

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But winter sets for The Last Jedi?

Well he's told me he's seen a TIE fighter with a black figure micro fighter, a playset that's very similar to takadona (size, figures) and some craft he says he doesn't recognize BUT keep in mind that I don't think he/she is a valid source and neither should you. I am NOT confirming anything at all and hold no liability if my source is wrong, treat it as a rumour. I was more interested in the system scaled sets and battle pack info but they said they didn't know anything which is what got me skeptical in the first place.

Edited by SCREDEYE

I'm fairly sure one of them is supposed to be a "speeder" so it could be either the Ski Speeder or the Canto Bight speeder (either the CBPD speeder or a luxury hovercraft).

However, I noticed that the CBPD have a very similar helmet shape to that of the First Order shuttle pilot's new helmet mold, so I think we can expect to see at least ONE Canto Bight set. Maybe Finn, Rose, DJ and a CB cop?

Then again we could get one CPBD speeder set and another with the "space horse".. dunno. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by doclord