MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Ah yes, the guy from Instagram. Unsure what to make of it, could of sworn I'd seen his username on here before, and couldn't remember if he was reliable or not...does _taylor_stevenson_ ring any bells to anyone? Thought he posted a wish list a while back.

That does faintly ring a bell... but not in a good way :look: Sounds a bit wishlist-y anyway, not that I would mind getting something along those lines though :grin: However, as they say: if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is :wink:

The information posted by @THELEGOBATMAN is most intriguing. The 2 Battlepacks are something I'd really like to see, and it actually makes quite a lot of sense, since I think Praetorian Guards, like the Deathtroopers, will get a lot of attention as the movie approaches. An Inferno Squad battlepack would also be a good way to help promote the Battlefront II campaign, and might draw in some people who are looking for some handheld versions of the campaign stars.

The Ach-To set, however, is the most intriguing. I'm fairly sure it has been rumored that there will be some sort of battle on Ach-To, so this aligns with those rumors well, and it also sounds like a really great set for minifigures. Since it sounds like the biggest TLJ set of the Winter Wave will only be $80, even if this is the biggest set, it'll be a cheap-ish way of getting Rey, Luke and Kylo altogether, as well as some Knights of Ren.

I certainly hope it's all true.

Edited by Deathstroke77

Just did a little search in the forums: If Taylor Stevenson is truly behind this, then it's fabricated nonsense. I knew that name was bad news :hmpf_bad: Maybe his alter ego "ForceGhostSolo" rings a bell? :tongue: 

50 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Ah yes, the guy from Instagram. Unsure what to make of it, could of sworn I'd seen his username on here before, and couldn't remember if he was reliable or not...does _taylor_stevenson_ ring any bells to anyone? Thought he posted a wish list a while back.

that guy was posting fake news/lists and got banned here on the 2017 thread. forget his username. i'll find it in a bit. 

apparently he is known for doing it often. 

Taylor Stevenson is a big no no. His posts usually have that "too good to be true" ring to them.

it was theorized that xSilent-Commando was the same person as that taylor dude. 

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup :cry_sad:

It was a guy called _taylor_stevenson_ who commented my post on instagram and said that there are images of this sets on youtube and imgur. Here is a link to that post: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXTkiQ3hPI0/

Yeah, he's been full of crap over here on the forums before, giving out set lists that have ultimately proven to be very false, so I'd imagine it's the same case with this.

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It was a guy called _taylor_stevenson_ who commented my post on instagram and said that there are images of this sets on youtube and imgur. Here is a link to that post: 

Taylor Stevenson was banned on here for posting fake rumors awhile ago. If I recall correctly he was also behind the following accounts: Brick Productions Flickr, Brick Productions 2015, Brick Productions 2016, ForceGhostSolo (?), and xxxSilentCommando. Almost all of the fake leaks here can be traced back to the same guy, and it's fairly easy to link each account together when a new one pops up. My best advice would be to ignore him :shrug_confused:

The battlepack is fairly interesting, I don't have Coleman Trebor yet so it'll be nice to get him. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hey, thanks for being diligent, regardless!

If that guy really is "ForceGhostSolo", then yeah, he's full of crap. In that same comment to you, he claimed that there were photos of the Darth Maul figure out in the public eye, and that set isn't due out until March at the very least. It would be incredibly unlikely that we'd be seeing photos of said set at this point in time.

I take it there is no Obi Wan force ghost in Yoda's hut? 

Edited by Legoman123

Isn't he Brick Productions 20XX?

I would advise against anything that guy says...if it is him.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think this is 2018 list:

type, type, type...

Is this compiled from all of the information you have collected; can this be backed up?  Or is this speculation?

Just now, Stash2Sixx said:

Isn't he Brick Productions 20XX?

I would advise against anything that guy says...if it is him.

Is this compiled from all of the information you have collected; can this be backed up?  Or is this speculation?

I think that list was basically the info from Josh/yourself and the set numbers/other tidbits of info from SVL rolled into one, from my understanding.

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

I think that list was basically the info from Josh/yourself and the set numbers/other tidbits of info from SVL rolled into one, from my understanding.

Shhhh.  You're not THELEGOBATMAN.  I'm sure he can speak for himself.

8 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

does _taylor_stevenson_ ring any bells to anyone?

:wall:

If you could ban someone from the entire Internet...

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Take it with grain of salt, but I saw info about 2018 Star wars sets. I don't know if it is true or not, but here we go:

2 unknown battlepacks are Praetorian Guard Battlepack and Inferno Squad Battlepack.

There is a set called Ach-To Attack, it includes Luke Skywalker, Rey, Kylo Ren and 2 Knights of Ren. It is a playset. Also there are some Porgs with orange and grey printing.

Can anyone confirm or deny that info?

Here's the thing about that info: that exact selection of minifigs was rumored to be included in Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter. I'm speculating based on anecdotal evidence that there was a number of changes made to the Force Friday wave; switching the minifigs around being one of them. That wouldn't be the first time we've seen something like that happen. Yoda's Hut, for example. 

However, as others have pointed out, Taylor Stevenson is an extremely unreliable source and he likely just made up his information based on the rumor that I was talking about. Even if it turns out to be correct, I'd wager that he was just guessing based on previous info to make himself appear more credible. Quite frankly, I'd find it ridiculous if we didn't get an Ahch-To set with Luke. He is a main character, after all, and that location seems to be rather important to the ST as a whole.

Edited by Nokturn

8 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Info from First Page of LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors, LEGO Star Wars 2018 News and @Sir von Lego. He said that set numbers and prices include Han Solo sets, so there were four sets that looked like Han Solo ones (growing price).

Boy, this thread is getting out of hand really fast...I can already barely follow, what is this with the Yoda hut again?