MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

The update from SVL is most intriguing. It looks like, firstly, we'll be getting 2 TLJ Battle Packs in the Winter Wave, which is somewhat intriguing... I feel it'll probably be some sort of Resistance Trooper Pack again and *hopefully* maybe some Praetorian Guards of some of Phasma's special troopers (the name escapes me) will be in there alongside some regular troops for the First Order faction, since they threw in some Deathtroopers for the Winter Rogue One battlepack this year, so I have some hope.  My guess is also that 70209 ---> 70212 will be Han Solo sets, and the big one being The Falcon, as others have already stated. Seems a bit soon to release another Falcon though, since despite what you two have been saying up above this comment they had a fair amount of Falcons stocked up on the shelves in LEGOLAND Windsor today, on top of the fact we seem to be getting another UCS Falcon later this year too. Maybe 70212 is another ship from the movie. Or they're not Han Solo movie-related ships at all. It'd be nice to have a batch of non-TLJ sets thrown in there too (still waiting on that Jango's Slave 1 re-make and new Cloud City, LEGO...).

I notice a lot of set numbers from Josh's original list are missing, too. 75196, 75197, 75204, 75207 and 75209 ---> 70212 were all missing from that original list. 70203 and 70205 are in neither Josh's or SVL's lists, either, so perhaps they are D2C sets or very spoilery TLJ sets that will be kept under wraps until release in January? Also, 75207 is the set right next to the supposed 'Jedi' battle pack, which is 75206. Perhaps this will be a Seperatist Battle Pack? My hope for something like that would be Dooku and Jango with some form of Battle Droids alongside them in the Battlepack, but I feel anything would do at this point for the Seperatist Battlepacks. We haven't had a good droid battlepack for the Seperatists in years.

4 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Is it retired, I just bought one (finally!) on Monday, of course this was at toys r us..

I checked and it seems I was wrong. Maybe it's the fact I get older but I recall seeing a 'retiring soon' tag on the 75105 Falcon page... which is gone now.

Still, the Falcon has been out for almost 2 years (september 2015) and when the Solo wave hits the shelves it's 2 1/2 years which is a long time for a (non UCS) set.

I seriously doubt the large set is another MF - Looking forward to seeing if I'll be proven wrong. Since we still know nothing about the movie, I have no clue what it could be. I personally believe the falcon won't be in the movie as much as everyone thinks, so I wouldn't be surprised if the big set is Han's ship before he got the falcon. 

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I seriously doubt the large set is another MF - Looking forward to seeing if I'll be proven wrong. Since we still know nothing about the movie, I have no clue what it could be. I personally believe the falcon won't be in the movie as much as everyone thinks, so I wouldn't be surprised if the big set is Han's ship before he got the falcon. 

i don't get why people forget that he didn't always own the MF ... 

and i highly doubt that there will be a lego version of lando's MF ... the MF was also built ~60BBY, so i'm with you ... not gonna be a star in the movie ...

heck, do we even know the timeline that the HS movie takes place in ???

6 minutes ago, Tidy said:

and i highly doubt that there will be a lego version of lando's MF ... the MF was also built ~60BBY, so i'm with you ... not gonna be a star in the movie ...

I believe it's between episodes 3-4 because of some leaks.

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Multiple people of decent source have  stated it is the MF, including Stash... I used to be a cynic about it and it's taken a lot to convince me, but I do now firmly believe those that have stated it to be the MF... 

11 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Multiple people of decent source have  stated it is the MF, including Stash... I used to be a cynic about it and it's taken a lot to convince me, but I do now firmly believe those that have stated it to be the MF... 

Are you confusing the UCS falcon with the currently unknown 160E set SVL posted? I haven't seen anyone confirm anything on the latter. The discussion is about winter wave sets, not the oct 1 UCS falcon.

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

37 minutes ago, Tidy said:

Remember the cast photo of the Solo movie? Yup, that's the cockpit of the Falcon.

han-solo-star-wars-spinoff-cast-alden-eh

Also:

There have been various photos of the MF in the Han Solo movie. A complete Falcon prop was built for instance.

http://collider.com/han-solo-movie-set-photo-donald-glover/

http://extra.ie/entertainment/movies-tv/han-solo-movie-photo

Regarding the timeline, this is what Disneys big boss Bob Iger said:

"We're actually shooting now an origin story of Han Solo, which will come out in 2018. That picks up with Han Solo when he was 18 years old and takes him through when he was 24. There are a few significant things that happen in Han Solo's life, like acquiring a certain vehicle and meeting a certain Wookiee that will happen in this film. But you will also discover how he got his name."

Gee, what 'certain vehicle' will that be? :pir-laugh:

i can see it now, the closing of the movie he gets the ship, and flies off into the sunset ... roll credits ... 30 seconds of MF screen time ... [yes the quadjumper had less] 

with him being 24, that still leaves 6 years till EP4 ... a sequel perhaps ?!?!? lol ...

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

10 years before a new hope as officially announced.

On 7/23/2017 at 1:36 PM, Deathstroke77 said:

The update from SVL is most intriguing. It looks like, firstly, we'll be getting 2 TLJ Battle Packs in the Winter Wave

I believe the preliminary information was that one was a Tattoine Battle Pack (3 of a combination of jawas and tusked raiders, and an astromech droid) and the other was a prequel set with at least one of the more obscure Jedis.

11 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Are you confusing the UCS falcon with the currently unknown 160E set SVL posted? I haven't seen anyone confirm anything on the latter. The discussion is about winter wave sets, not the oct 1 UCS falcon.

Ohhh!! Totally missed that!  My bad >.<

I know its a small chance, but could anyone, maybe svl, tell me a little more about the jedi/clone battlepack?

I'm just about to order a large amout of clones.

If the battlepack has the same printing but in an other color,or the same as we have at the moment, its okay, but if lego brings out an new style then I will just buy the previous version.

3 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

I know its a small chance, but could anyone, maybe svl, tell me a little more about the jedi/clone battlepack?

I'm just about to order a large amout of clones.

If the battlepack has the same printing but in an other color,or the same as we have at the moment, its okay, but if lego brings out an new style then I will just buy the previous version.

Even insiders are unlikely to know exact specifics as they're probably looking at preliminary images or being fed information they do not directly see.

However, considering one of the rumoured characters in the pack, we can probably assume the era.

My recommendation: patience.

Edited by Brickweiser

On 7/20/2017 at 5:23 PM, Sir von Lego said:

And it seems that the Battle Pack will cost 16.99 EUR again after they were 14.99 this year.

I have every Battle Pack ever made but they seem to have finally priced me out. Disappointing. 

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

What a strange comment..? They costed 16.99 EUR for years until a price drop this year to 14.99 EUR, so who wants to complain now!?

Ahh I see, I don't live in Europe so I didn't know that the prices used to be higher over there. Here in the US the BP prices are raised every few years, and this year they raised it from 12.99 to 14.99. I thought that you were saying another price raise was in store for 2018. Sorry for the confusion. :wink:

Do not discuss your feelings on prices, please.  No matter what, there is almost always someone who has to pay more.

If you want to discuss how LEGO is hosing everyone and driving prices for their merchandise up while their company's sales are in the tank, put it in the correct thread, or start a new one.

Thank you.

Out of the list for December wave, can anyone pinpoint or determine how many TLJ system sets we will get? If we get 2 battlepack based  on prices listed  then is it 4 sets remaining for TLJ? Also does anyone know how many location sets we would see. 

10 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Do not discuss your feelings on prices, please.  No matter what, there is almost always someone who has to pay more.

Yeah, no one realises that there are places like the middle East, where sets are at least x4 more expensive. Battle packs go for 30$ there. 

Edited by SCREDEYE

1 hour ago, Mahtion said:

Out of the list for December wave, can anyone pinpoint or determine how many TLJ system sets we will get? If we get 2 battlepack based  on prices listed  then is it 4 sets remaining for TLJ? Also does anyone know how many location sets we would see. 

I think I heard we were getting 4 sets.

over on that one site, there is a close up of the box art for the scout walker, it was pointed out that there are TIE bombers in the background flying over the gorilla walkers and with normal TIEs ... it could be a stretch, but man a FO TIE bomber for december/january wave would really tickle me.

12 minutes ago, Tidy said:

over on that one site, there is a close up of the box art for the scout walker, it was pointed out that there are TIE bombers in the background flying over the gorilla walkers and with normal TIEs ... it could be a stretch, but man a FO TIE bomber for december/january wave would really tickle me.

Yeah cm4sci pointed that out. Assuming we get 4 proper system sets for TLJ, I'm sure we can easily expect ach-to, the A wing and two of anything else, a bomber maybe!

Edited by SCREDEYE

I hope we get some location type sets rather than just vehicles in the Winter wave. Also some Knights of Ren/Praetorian guards would be nice.