MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, TheRealDickDastardly said:

I think people are just scared to post anything at all though in case they get banned. ;)

Well that's on those people. If they all read the thread titles, then there shouldn't be a problem!

10 hours ago, Mahtion said:

So we can speculate TLJ sets for December in this thread? 

Speculation, as always, belongs in Future Star Wars Sets. There's nothing wrong with speculation, but speculation alone does not constitute a rumor.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:33 PM, MKJoshA said:
  • [...] Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2018. If it's something you wish to see or something you think that we will see sometime in the future, but not something that's actually rumored to be a 2018 set, then it is pure speculation and it belongs in the Future Star Wars Sets topic.

On 19/07/2017 at 3:54 AM, Spongebob456 said:

I think the TLJ wave is good and it makes me excited for any TLJ 2018 sets. Yoda's Hut will be a must-buy (especially if we get Bespin Luke!). Got a Carbon Freeze Chamber MOD waiting for a Bespin Luke lol.

To be clear, is this a thread where news/rumours will be posted like 2017 one? Or is this just for discussions? 

Save Bespin Luke for Cloud City. There's no point in doing a Dagobah themed set if you're not going to include Dagobah Luke.

sw106.jpg

Dont want to deraiI this anymore but does this page as well as the page with actual set info get updated with later waves? For example, if I want to know what's coming this summer wave will the set list be updated?

Edited by SCREDEYE

Yeah that's what's confusing. Not really sure of the purpose of this thread. Does the news thread not allow discussion? Does this one not allow news? 

It's quite easy: The first post in the news thread is going to be updated with the latest set infos and you can post actual news there if there is news. This thread here is for discussing said news (and nobody stops you from posting the news here as well).

That way people can subscribe to the news thread and get notified when there's actual new info, rather than getting notified every single time someone starts rambling and getting off topic in the discussion thread :classic:

28 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

Yeah that's what's confusing. Not really sure of the purpose of this thread. Does the news thread not allow discussion? Does this one not allow news? 

No that's not my question. I just want to know if this gets updated with later waves or not. I'm completely ok with two separate threads, one for discussion and one just for information.

22 minutes ago, Alexastor said:

It's quite easy: The first post in the news thread is going to be updated with the latest set infos and you can post actual news there if there is news. This thread here is for discussing said news (and nobody stops you from posting the news here as well).

That way people can subscribe to the news thread and get notified when there's actual new info, rather than getting notified every single time someone starts rambling and getting off topic in the discussion thread :classic:

yup, pretty flipping easy and straightforward ... not sure why so many people are having trouble comprehending these things ... much like the person asking if they can wildly speculate in here ... do people even bother reading.

Just now, SCREDEYE said:

No that's not my question. I just want to know if this gets updated with later waves or not. I'm completely ok with two separate threads, one for discussion and one just for information.

news thread gets updated [first page], this one, nope.

42 minutes ago, Tidy said:

yup, pretty flipping easy and straightforward ... not sure why so many people are having trouble comprehending these things ... much like the person asking if they can wildly speculate in here ... do people even bother reading.

news thread gets updated [first page], this one, nope.

Thank you, that's all I wanted. And you're right, it's not that difficult to comprehend but I'm guessing the users are used to an old system maybe? I dunno.

Sir von Lego just posted this in the news thread. Anything new/unexpected here? 

75193 9.99 EUR

75194 9.99 EUR

75195 19.99 EUR

75196 19.99 EUR

75197 16.99 EUR

75198 16.99 EUR

75199 29.99 EUR

75200 29.99 EUR

75201 59.99 EUR

75202 79.99 EUR

75204 39.99 EUR

75206 16.99 EUR

75207 16.99 EUR

75208 29.99 EUR

75209 29.99 EUR

75210 49.99 EUR

75211 69.99 EUR

75212 169.99 EUR

75212 sounds interesting, must be a UCS/D2C set at that price point, just like the Slave One that got released on January first as well :classic: 

Based on the $30 price point for Yoda's hut I'm guessing it will be a pretty small set. Either way, I'm excited to get it!

I've noticed that the prices increase with ascending set numbers, then drop and rise again. Maybe the Han Solo movie sets are among the sets on that list, given they're supposedly released around March (IIRC)? The Infinity War sets are allegedly listed in the catalogue as well (although blanked out, as per the usual) so this wouldn't be much of a stretch :classic:

So were only getting two microfighters huh? Looks like lego is phasing out a good way to get figures for brickheadz and ccbs sets :/

33 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

And it seems that the Battle Pack will cost 16.99 EUR again after they were 14.99 this year. Yes, Han Solo movie is part of that list.

we will get one wave in December and the next normal but small one in may. Han Solo in March/April, I think

Then the question is whether the summer wave will move and be realiesed in Augstui / September instead? One wave in december, one in april and one in june seems to be a bit too close and the time between june and december will feel too empty

Another jump in prices for BPs is really not good news: they also started doing the same stuff with Lego City by reducing the number of figs included in their starter packs. 

The only good thing that could come of it is if they start doing more variety stuff like the god sent Bounty Hunter BP. 

11 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Thank you, that's all I wanted. And you're right, it's not that difficult to comprehend but I'm guessing the users are used to an old system maybe? I dunno.

It's actually quite similar to an older system we used to have wherein the news topic would be locked and curated by staff using contributions from the discussion topic, but usually that meant everyone ignored the news topic.

@Sir von Lego

Are these 5 the Han Solo sets? (since Rogue One had 5 I guess Solo will have 5 as well?)

75208 29.99 EUR

75209 29.99 EUR

75210 49.99 EUR

75211 69.99 EUR

75212 169.99 EUR

I guess it's a safe bet to say the last one is the Falcon. Do you have any information about these sets?

On 21/07/2017 at 8:18 AM, Jedi-Bendu said:

@Sir von Lego

Are these 5 the Han Solo sets? (since Rogue One had 5 I guess Solo will have 5 as well?)

I guess it's a safe bet to say the last one is the Falcon. Do you have any information about these sets?

Surely not the MF....again!

24 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

Surely not the MF....again!

*The TFA Falcon is retired, *The ship will play a (big?) part in the Solo movie, *It's a ship that always sells well and TLG will always want one on the shelves (just like an X-Wing).

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

*The TFA Falcon is retired, *The ship will play a (big?) part in the Solo movie, *It's a ship that always sells well and TLG will always want one on the shelves (just like an X-Wing).

Is it retired, I just bought one (finally!) on Monday, of course this was at toys r us..

Anyway, i hope the new han hair shows up again, i cant always order online so i need a cheap way to get some