Murdoch17

1950s semi truck + trailer with driver figure - (8486 MOD)

This is version two of set 8486  (Mack's Team Truck) 1950's style semi truck. The model can seat one mini figure at the wheel, and features headlights, license plate, and bigger wheels. I also rounded out the front of the trailer per suggestions from Eurobricks forum members @Only Sinner and @timtosino. Thanks guys!

32981585783_08861299e4_z.jpg

As it is now, the cab portion reminds me of the truck from the 1970s suspense movie "Duel". (if you haven't seen it, look it up: It's Steven Spielberg's first film and is awesome!)

33638474632_4ba9079b28_z.jpg

The trailer no longer has opening sides, but it does have two opening rear doors and folding stand for when the cab pulls away.  Speaking of the cab, the roof of the driver's compartment comes off and both doors open.

33582645142_50852192a9_n.jpg

The driver of the truck.

This truck is going to go on my mid-century trains and town layout, and should be built in real bricks eventually... at that time I will update this with real pictures. Here is the file for truck, trailer and driver: LDD file

33354386240_3f53bb2084_z.jpg

If anyone is curious what the version 1 truck looked like, here is a picture of it to compare to the new one. The older version is NOT in the LDD file!

Edited by Murdoch17

I like the cab design and it gives the feel a smaller day cab truck if that's the look you were going for. Have you considered using a bit bigger wheels though?

Good looking rig, I like the general design. Might I be so bold as to also suggest bigger wheels and consider a snot build for just the front of the trailer. See, many semi trailers from the '40s and '50s had curved noses on the trailer for better aerodynamics. 

On 3/30/2017 at 3:07 PM, timtosino said:

I like the cab design and it gives the feel a smaller day cab truck if that's the look you were going for. Have you considered using a bit bigger wheels though?

On 4/1/2017 at 7:10 AM, Only Sinner said:

Good looking rig, I like the general design. Might I be so bold as to also suggest bigger wheels and consider a snot build for just the front of the trailer. See, many semi trailers from the '40s and '50s had curved noses on the trailer for better aerodynamics. 

Thank you both for your suggestions and compliments. The bigger wheels @timtosino and rounded trailer end @Only Sinner have been added to the pictures and LDD file. The first post has been updated to reflect that. Thanks again guys!

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

Thank you both for your suggestions and compliments. The bigger wheels @timtosino and rounded trailer end @Only Sinner have been added to the pictures and LDD file. The first post has been updated to reflect that. Thanks again guys!

Yup it looks a lot better with the new tires.