just2good

The LEGO Unikitty Show

4 minutes ago, ghostmind said:

Articles on Brickset, BrickFan, etc have been pulled, as has j2g's video.

What's going on?

They don't want anyone to know about it yet. So they've had j2g's video removed. (Like that ever helps)

Edited by jhuyser

1 minute ago, ghostmind said:

Articles on Brickset, BrickFan, etc have been pulled, as has j2g's video.

What's going on?

I'm guessing it's just an early April Fool's joke. Either that, or CW is trying to retain their confidentiality.

Probably confidentiality, not the first time a big company has asked Lego fan sites to pull news from their frontpages. Remember in 2015 all the crap Disney would give anyone who posted photos of The Force Awakens Star Wars sets before their official reveal? It is likely Cartoon Network/Time-Warner was planning on revealing this show later on down the line, and they are trying to clean up the leak before their official announcement is ready.

Officially revealed http://collider.com/lego-movie-unikitty-animated-series-tara-strong/#images

As ruler of the kingdom, Unikitty has busy days full of royal responsibilities. Unikitty is most interested in making sure everyone is happy and ridding the kingdom of negativity, but don’t misunderstand her optimism – she is one kitty not to be crossed. While she may be full of boundless energy and creativity, Unikitty is a force to be reckoned with if anyone gets in the way of spreading her positive vibes, especially if anyone makes her little brother and best friend, Puppycorn, sad. Also living in the castle are Dr. Fox, the resident scientist, and Unikitty’s trusty bodyguard, Hawkodile.  Through it all, Unikitty and her friends make sure that every day is the happiest and most creative ever.

I suppose Lego will wait to see if the show is successful enough to warrant products.

It would be interesting to see other TLM characters crossover into the show for cameos, but I doubt it.

gonna copy+paste my comments from twitter about all this:

I'mma need a trailer before I can judge it properly. The pics we got looks pretty neat and stylised, so I'm pretty excited about that. Hopefully it ain't overly-stiff in motion or anythin'. The voicecast... is pretty solid, yeah. Kinda a shame we ain't getting Alison Brie back, but Tara's hella great so it don't matter too much.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller being on board is p good too, all I need now to be properly confident about this is a list o' writers. Good ones. Assign properly good writers to this and we should get somewhere, but if we get TTG or PPG'16 level stuff... yeah, no.

tl;dr: Please be good. PLEASE.

4 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

This sounds really kiddy. 

It's a cartoon about Lego, specifically revolving around one of the most childlike characters from The Lego Movie. I'd be severely worried if it DIDN'T sound "kiddy".

12 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

It's a cartoon about Lego, specifically revolving around one of the most childlike characters from The Lego Movie. I'd be severely worried if it DIDN'T sound "kiddy".

LEGO is for all ages, it is not primarily a kids toy. This sounds like it is purely for kids.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

LEGO is for all ages, it is not primarily a kids toy. This sounds like it is purely for kids.

Um, it very decidedly IS primarily a kids toy. Kids make up the vast majority of the buying audience, and the majority of products (excluding a very small number of sets) are targeted at them.

I don't know exactly what this show will be like prior to the airing of any actual episodes, but the fact that it seems like it'll be targeted at kids is hardly a mark against it. Not everything needs to be tailored to adults, and even things targeted at kids stand a chance at appealing not just to the young but also to the young at heart.

With SDCC do you think we'll receive a trailer? As I assume it will be coming out next year they'll have to reveal one soon.

On 28 June 2017 at 2:43 PM, jhuyser said:

With SDCC do you think we'll receive a trailer? As I assume it will be coming out next year they'll have to reveal one soon.

I assume so, Nexo Knights, Ninjago and Chima all have TV shows and sets so I think we could possibly get sets fro this TV show and if we do, possible reveal at SDCC?

I agree with Dalekbuster. Just because kids are the primary audience of Lego in general doesn't mean they should focus entirely on them with their medias. Maybe if this was directed especially at young kids, like the Juniors line... But this is on Cartoon Network, so I doubt that.
I feel like making a comparison to Friendship is Magic and how it looks like despite it's products, the show can be viewed by a more broad audience... But I don't know anything about that series :tongue:

Edited by gamejutzu

According to someone on 4chan there will be wave of 8-9 sets for this TV show. 

I don't want to start a thread for that just yet, because we all know the reputation that forum has (most of the rumors posted there turn out to be fake)

But maybe someone could confirm this? @Sir von Lego:classic:

So the first episode is VERY close:

I'm looking forward to it - cautiously optimistic.

Edited by TheBrickPal

If you were hoping that this wouldn't just be Teen Titans GO 2.0, prepare for a bucket-load of D I S A P P O I N T M E N T

5 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:

If you were hoping that this wouldn't just be Teen Titans GO 2.0, prepare for a bucket-load of D I S A P P O I N T M E N T

*Snip*

My hopes for a set line just dropped but because of the some of the way parts are moving/set up. Not only that but we've heard nothing oddly whatsoever about a line, not during comic con or anywhere.

Edited by jhuyser

Most of it doesn't even look like LEGO

Also, is the Unidog her brother??? Are they CatDog's children??

Maybe CatDog met an Unicorn and funny things happened :laugh:

Looks like this will be most "cringy" indeed.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Most of it doesn't even look like LEGO

Yeah.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also, is the Unidog her brother??? Are they CatDog's children??

Maybe CatDog met an Unicorn and funny things happened :laugh:

(I usually don't use this internet talk on here, but) LOL. 

20 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:

It's late 2010's Cartoon Network, how could it ever NOT be TTG 2.0?