goatman461

[MOC] Modular Jedha Collaborative Build

I've already posted these builds separately on AG and SoNE, but I wanted to show them together and as we displayed them at BrickUniverse. 

These four sections are my attempt to make Star Wars modular buildings a thing. Join our Flickr group if you have modular builds you'd like to share, too - Modular Sci-Fi

33219571075_3d8f27d32a_b.jpg

Jedha Dark Red 1 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

32567039644_8afee264bb_b.jpg

Jedha Medium Dark Flesh 1 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

33425248892_3fc72ee113_b.jpg

Jedha Medium Azure 1 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

32790299464_bf794f82ce_b.jpg

Jedha Market 1 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Spoiler

Rear of the medium azure building.

33503909591_34bf43e92d_b.jpg

Interior of the dark red building (looking through lowest window)

33062901502_41a14519b3.jpg

Jedha Dark Red 2 - interior by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Upper floor and roof for an unfinished building

32211692493_c41045c873.jpg

Jedha WIP by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Mostly empty hill used in the "NW" section of the collab. I'm planning to add a mechanism inside the hill to rotate the head of my Jedha walker (further below) by BrickFiesta this summer

33279520801_e21e278e28.jpg 32565031284_2887946d83.jpg

AT-ST

30385466831_2550a97856_b.jpg

AT-ST by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Crashed Partisan X-Wing

30387052181_222071e372_b.jpg

X-Wing Crash 1 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

The rest of the build (temple, tank, carts, and eastern buildings) was done by Dwight Neal, a fellow DFWLUG member.

33118542310_d69a793070_b.jpg

Jedha 2.0 BrickUniverse OKC by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

33373532561_ddf9b163ac_b.jpg

Jedha 2.0 BrickUniverse OKC by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

We've been working on this collab since some of the first trailers came out last September, starting with Dwight's tank and street,

28838909423_e96d0fd34f.jpg

Dwight's Jedha by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr 

displaying the first version of it in December for BrickUniverse Dallas.

31015293460_32dd90637c_b.jpg

Rogue One - Jedha - BrickUniverse Fair Park 2016 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

31384471465_c18e06be77_b.jpg

Rogue One - Jedha - BrickUniverse Fair Park 2016 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

My sections changed quite a bit between Dallas and OKC to make it a 360 build and our layout changed to accommodate Dwight's new Jedha temple. Once we get the blurays I'm sure we'll change/add some more. Feel free to post screenshots of architectural details on Jedha.

Again, we'll be displaying it next at BrickFiesta in Mesquite, TX June 29-July 2, which is an AFOL focused convention with a lot of potential for growth. If you can make it, let me know so we can meet up and talk Star Wars MOCs. 

This is amazing! I love Jedha city! one of my favorite scenes in Rogue One.

Lots of details in there. I so want to see that movie again now :p

Wow, that is something really special. That AT-ST is much more accurate than the official set, but all of it is awe inspiring.

This is incredible!  The result when putting together the sections recreates several scenes from the trailer and movie.  Very impressive!

-Christian

Wow, this is fantastic! Did you work by any reference material or did you just try to get that Jedha style of the architecture?

Amazing builds, love the different colour schemes and the greebling.

On a related note: what are the criteria for a building to be classified as modular?

Edited by fatum

Thanks everybody.

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Wow, this is fantastic! Did you work by any reference material or did you just try to get that Jedha style of the architecture?

We did a lot of screenshots of trailers and tried to remember as much as we could from the movie, but nothing (except the X-Wing, maybe) is meant to be a specific building from the movie. It's mostly small details (like windows or greebling) that we tried to recreate in new buildings.

1 hour ago, fatum said:

Amazing builds, love the different colour schemes and the greebling.

On a related note: what are the criteria for a building to be classified as modular?

I don't have a good working definition for modular, but I think it should be something that is meant to connect to other builds and can be rearranged. I'm sure the City guys have a better standard, but I'm not sure what that is. We're discussing this in the Flickr group if you want to join.

15 hours ago, goatman461 said:

Thanks everybody.

We did a lot of screenshots of trailers and tried to remember as much as we could from the movie, but nothing (except the X-Wing, maybe) is meant to be a specific building from the movie. It's mostly small details (like windows or greebling) that we tried to recreate in new buildings.

I don't have a good working definition for modular, but I think it should be something that is meant to connect to other builds and can be rearranged. I'm sure the City guys have a better standard, but I'm not sure what that is. We're discussing this in the Flickr group if you want to join.

Joining now :)

I still have yet to see Rogue One, so I don't know any of the references, but I do love what I am seeing.

My mind doesn't work that way. I can't visualize futuristic buildings, even though they aren't that different from modern Modulars (which I love building). But that sci-fi flair is a unique talent people have (you being one of them).

So well done for sure. I'd like to see more. And I'd like to try my hand at something like this in the future. I love all of the details you here.

I just saw this and it inspires to create my own version of these modular sci-fi buildings.

Great job!

Thanks everybody.

I dug up another shot I think turned out pretty well. It shows my friend Dwight Neal's temple, which has some great depth around the statues and really stands out in the larger MOC. 

33736854001_3a4719d11e_b.jpg

Dwight Neal's Jedha Temple by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

You can see the "actual" temple(s) and trees here...

33806608986_f7c49f7019_c.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 9.27.07 PM by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

33463174310_219aacb657_c.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 9.23.56 PM by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

33463089490_ea056b6b70_c.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 9.17.09 PM by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Great MOC! It would be cool to see someone build those multiple levels and stairs like you see in the film. Gives a very cluttered, busy feel.