stella2015

Best Lego Event in US?

Hey guys, whats the best lego event in the us? We have been to Brickfair in Virigina and that was amazing. is that the best one? Seeing all the mocs was insane. Castle stuff for us, is our favorite by far and away.,

Brickfair I believe is the largest in terms of square footage.

Brickworld Chicago has the highest quality of mocs.

BrickCon has the most fun other events.

I would recommend going to all three and comparing yourself.

11 hours ago, stella2015 said:

sounds amazing. I love the one in Chantilly Virginia. great people and atmosphere. 

Were you there last year?
AC

inutes ago, stella2015 said:

I wasn't there last year. How good was the show last year?

Then you missed out on these MOCs that I've brought along! It was an amazing experience with totally a bigger layout.
AC

Going All Out At BrickFair VA

Honestly, go to a few different ones, as many people are biased in different ways.  If you are a castle fan, be sure to get to Brickcon.  I went in 2008 and it was great.  Sci-Fi and Castle heavy at BrickCon, where the other shows have different concentrations of builders.  It all varies.

Plus you get to meet a ton of other people/builders/EB members.

also if you have kids in the age 6 - 12~ish range the Lego Kidsfest events are actually pretty cool, went to one in Cleveland years ago. for adults only there really is very little to do, shop in the mobile Lego store, and maybe try out the kid centric hands on things. for kids though, almost the entire event is hands on, a giant Lego pile to build in, car build stations with ramps to test them on, Monochromatic build stations. and some guided build events possibly with a "Master builder." I've also done brickfair VA, and Brickworld Chicago, and for me I prefer VA, but it's a longer trip so I've not gone in recent years (hoping to be able to go this year though)

Note:  There may be bias in my comments as I run Brickworld....

Each event has its own personality.  There will always be one event that is more fun for you based on your personal preferences and how you live your life.  As was stated above, do your best to try out different conventions.  Eventually, you will land on the one that you like the best...and that is all that really matters.  It is not a competition for us as event runners to be the right event for everyone.  There definitely are differences and similarities between all events.  The three listed here (BF VA, BW Ch, and BC) are widely considered the big three.  But, other events can be fun too.

Personally, I try to get to one or two other cons a year just so I can have fun at an event.  So, I find other events fun.  Each is fun for its own reasons.  The most important thing is to make friends wherever you go.  This is such an incredible community to be a part of that I don't know what I would do without it!

B