Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

Wow, it's getting tough. King edges out Roman Soldier but Frightening Knight crushes the competition. 

This round is a good indication of how fun and brutal this game is going to get. We're all going to have to vote against some figs we love.

The last 8 or 16 are going to all be really strong. 

2 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

This round is a good indication of how fun and brutal this game is going to get. We're all going to have to vote against some figs we love.

Yes sir as long as one of my favorites wins I'll be happy 

29 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Us spacemen did the mourning long ago. Now I'm just grabbing popcorn. :tongue:

The winners of this round would be series 15 astronaut and alien villain for me. And frighting knight. I like that one too

Edited by Borex

50 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

Can someone explain to me why the King is so cool? I'm asking in earnest.

As someone who despises monarchies and royalty a large part of myself is disgusted that I like that figure so much but it's one of my favorites. Its the whole package of details throughout with great printing, awesome hairpiece/crown and the two piece cape (cloak?) makes it an aesthetically complete figure along with the counterpart queen. But since its a rich gaudy king the Rogue can slay him and redistribute his wealth (with the urging of the Forestmen) while the people rise up and establish a representative democracy. 

TLDR: I really have no idea, its just cool. 

34 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I can't really understand why people prefere the King over the Roman...

I guess it is a combination of:

1) anti-army builders (the King is not so useful in larger quantities whereas the soldier is, although the King is useful for body parts for army builders and has a nice beard)

2) there is another Roman (the centurion) (even though he is not as good as this one)

3) tactical voting

4) later series have better printing

5) people that don't like ancient history

Looking at the close time of Battle Goddess vs Shakespeare, there were times when Shakespeare was ahead, times when Battle Goddess was ahead. When it is neck and neck like that, either could win depending on when you choose to close the poll. Maybe it would be better to set a deadline for voting at the start of each round.

24 minutes ago, MAB said:

I guess it is a combination of:

1) anti-army builders (the King is not so useful in larger quantities whereas the soldier is, although the King is useful for body parts for army builders and has a nice beard)

2) there is another Roman (the centurion) (even though he is not as good as this one)

3) tactical voting

4) later series have better printing

5) people that don't like ancient history

Looking at the close time of Battle Goddess vs Shakespeare, there were times when Shakespeare was ahead, times when Battle Goddess was ahead. When it is neck and neck like that, either could win depending on when you choose to close the poll. Maybe it would be better to set a deadline for voting at the start of each round.

The deadline is usually 24hrs, or until the next time I came here and see that one has +2 on the next one.
If in 48hrs this doesn't happen, sudden death.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

For me, there are figs that are too "mainstream-to-be-favourized". I'm not sure I can explain properly. Like S2 Spartan, S1 zombie, S6 and S10 Romans. I don't vote for them.

How the romain can loose ?

Be careful, people voting for the king, we'll have your names...

27 minutes ago, Yooha said:

For me, there are figs that are too "mainstream-to-be-favourized". I'm not sure I can explain properly. Like S2 Spartan, S1 zombie, S6 and S10 Romans. I don't vote for them.

Yet if the King beats the Roman (or same with the Spartan or Zombie), then he is obviously more loved by the people and so even more mainstream than the Roman. So next round you will have to vote against the King!

It is interesting to see the (current) results of the similar figures ...

Swashbuckler vs Prospector, same series and neither was really sought after at the time, almost equal votes.

The Mechs, series 9 and 11, both from relatively late series so similar printing on them, almost equal votes.

Astronauts, series 1 vs 15, essentially the same character updated, the modern one dominating the older one.

Edited by MAB

What if there is a tie in the 3rd-8th poll? Can we move forward, or a decision is necessary there also?

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

But ok, that's it...

Roman and Knight for me.

He has a cool beard, and a crown with hair under it. He has a nice royal cape, and he is just so colorful. Nice classic lego colors. Red, blue and yellow.

It looks like the army builders have now logged on! The Roman is catching up ... now 29/28. As is the swashbuckler / prospector and the battle mech / evil mech. A round of almost equals.

4 hours ago, Yooha said:

What if there is a tie in the 3rd-8th poll? Can we move forward, or a decision is necessary there also?

Oh no! The mechs are tied. I hope we can move forward and have the match re-done on the next round if it stays that way. :look:

As far as King vs Roman, it boils down to this: The Roman is great, and a wonderful army builder, but the King represents a long overdue update to one of the original classics. The crown piece that we had for 30+ years was woefully inadequate. the CMF king brought a truly stellar hair/crown piece to the game, and that is transcendent.

8 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Oh no! The mechs are tied. I hope we can move forward and have the match re-done on the next round if it stays that way. :look:

Great, now the King and the Roman Soldier are tied. If this keeps happening the game is going to take forever. :tongue: Also the mechs are still tied! *huh*