Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

Just continue moving forward, there are bound to be people upset if their favorites lose in these late rounds. No reason for any more delays or total resets.

Sorry guys, I don't care anymore.

Too many ties, too long votes. Now we have a vote which is not the final, but something we don't even know what it is.

For me there are many great minifigs, I can't choose one. Not even 8 or 16. In the last rounds, it didn't matter to me who won.

I sense from the comments that the majority don't mind their picks losing in an honest and fair manner. Its a game that most regular participants have been partaking in for several months now so we've probably all had many picks that lost along the way. Its the fact that it appears one or two couldn't participate in the same manner.

Edited by koalayummies

By the way, this was my first time and I learnt from it.
The next game will be better.

And you only have to wait a couple of months, more or less.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ok, what the hell people... this is just a game :classic:

Thats a good mantra :laugh:

No matter how, it had to upset some people in the end. The nature of such KO-contests pushes it that way, delay or not. Give it all a good shrug and carry on folks. Its not the end of the world. Really.:wink:

Is this an intermission round before the actual finals?

Well... this is just a game so bring it on the finals! 

I think euro bricks shouldn't allow games like this anymore, unless done officially by mods, with proper rules up front and back up plans for what happens if the chief mod cannot do their 'job'.

I know it has taken a lot of time for itaria, but it has also taken a lot of time for the 50-80 people that have followed the game, voted and participated in the thread. And now it will end with a result that is suspect to doubt. It really is a shame.

11 hours ago, koalayummies said:

I sense from the comments that the majority don't mind their picks losing in an honest and fair manner. Its a game that most regular participants have been partaking in for several months now so we've probably all had many picks that lost along the way. Its the fact that it appears one or two couldn't participate in the same manner.

This. I don't care which figures went out, my favourites went a while back, it is the way this one ended. The result is now meaningless for me.

36 minutes ago, MAB said:

I think euro bricks shouldn't allow games like this anymore, unless done officially by mods, with proper rules up front and back up plans for what happens if the chief mod cannot do their 'job'.

I know it has taken a lot of time for itaria, but it has also taken a lot of time for the 50-80 people that have followed the game, voted and participated in the thread. And now it will end with a result that is suspect to doubt. It really is a shame.

Preparing a round takes me a lot of time., say at least half an hour.
I think it's a bit unfair comparing the time one has to follow the game with the time I spent on making it, just for the fun of it.
I learnt from my mistakes and I will do better the next game, which will start very soon and will feature nice additions.

I really would be saddened by discovering I can't do that game because of the mods following your suggestion.

This would surely lead me to leave eurobricks... with this game I exposed myself only to criticism, nobody is giving me nothing here, hardly I've been thanked for this.

One wise man told me that anything you say before a but is meaningless. I see a lot of people complaining, and very few people thanking me for hours and hours invested in this game...

If you don't want to play, there's no one pointing a gun at you and asking to do such. 
I thank you for playing and I accept your criticism, as long as I feel that's a fair critic.

People getting butthurt and dramatic over a fun lego minifigure forum game? Now I've seen everything.

Bring on the finals, Itaria. I too checked the poll regularly and almost every time Scarecrow was leading by more than 2 votes. Only after dozens of votes Elf took the lead and it was either a tie or 1 vote lead by either of them from the on. I think Scarecrow deserved the victory. Satyr will win the finals any way.

King for me, but it was a very easy decision. However, Evil Dwarf or Mariachi was a tough one. I went with Evil Dwarf in the end.

As for all this...other discussion?

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ok, what the hell people... this is just a game :classic:

This. :laugh:

But, one could say it's fishy how a couple of new accounts showed up to save scarecrow. 50/50 chance of it being cheating or coincidence IMO. 

Block newbies from voting? Maybe. Why not. But for now, let's just move on.

Itaria, I hope you don't get disheartened by the negative comments. I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say I've enjoyed the game greatly and thank you for organizing this so kindly with your free time over all these weeks, when it wasn't your duty and no one asked you for it. A lot of work must have gone into making the system and all of the images that summarize the rounds.

While I understand the frustration of some of the users here, let's all keep in mind that Itaria did this out of love for EB and that it's just supposed to be a fun game.

14 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

One wise man told me that anything you say before a but is meaningless. I see a lot of people complaining, and very few people thanking me for hours and hours invested in this game...

If you don't want to play, there's no one pointing a gun at you and asking to do such. 
I thank you for playing and I accept your criticism, as long as I feel that's a fair critic.

I shall thank you. Thank you Itraria No Shintaku. It has been a very fun game. The criticism doesn't appear to be directed at you rather that the fun we've had may have been undermined for one epic round. It's not a huge deal; we know that they were two extremely popular figures that were deadlocked for days. 

It has been a blast for these past several months. It has undoubtedly required a great deal of your time and effort to bring this to us, more than we shall ever know. So thank you for all the fun!

36204229301_87c3607f0c_b.jpg

Now lets see who the ultimate winner will be. 

Edited by koalayummies

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Thanks.

Last vote before the final, mine was for the elf.

No thank you and I voted elf too

15 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Please cast also a vote here.
Thanks

And I will definitely look forward to the next game   :wink:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Such hard decisions!!! Everyone of them! I would have voted diver in a second, but we waited so long for elf to be triumphant only to have him lose! In the end I voted diver, but I'm glad to see elf has taken the lead as of writing this.

20 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Preparing a round takes me a lot of time., say at least half an hour.
I think it's a bit unfair comparing the time one has to follow the game with the time I spent on making it, just for the fun of it.
I learnt from my mistakes and I will do better the next game, which will start very soon and will feature nice additions.

I really would be saddened by discovering I can't do that game because of the mods following your suggestion.

This would surely lead me to leave eurobricks... with this game I exposed myself only to criticism, nobody is giving me nothing here, hardly I've been thanked for this.

I personally enjoyed the game, even if my Elf didn't win, it was still a lot of fun and I appreciate all the hard work you put into it!  It's just a game after all, I don't understand why so many people are getting upset.  I was a little disappointed the Elf lost, but hey it's just a game.  Just because your favorite figure lost, doesn't mean you have to change your favorite figure.  Have some fun guys and just enjoy the game!  It's all in good fun, or should be anyway!  If you're feeling negative or upset about this game, keep in mind that what you're upset about is which plastic toy is more popular than another one.  Not really something worth getting worked up over in my opinion.

Hey, this vote was fun, thanks for doing it! It was sometimes too long and too many ties, but I see you made some efforts resolving it (see the other thread).

Thanks @Itaria No Shintaku for running this game. I enjoyed the ride, and it was really fun to vote and see how it would develop.

Don't listen to the people which cannot diversy a fun game on a forum from something really important. It really tells more about themself.

What difference does it make which figure will win? Nothing. I have my own personal favorite figs and those weren't even from this series.

Nevertheless it was really fun to participate. 

I thank you very much for running this and investing all your time into this. :thumbup:

On 8/3/2017 at 3:38 AM, Covi said:

Thanks @Itaria No Shintaku for running this game. I enjoyed the ride, and it was really fun to vote and see how it would develop.

Don't listen to the people which cannot diversy a fun game on a forum from something really important. It really tells more about themself.

What difference does it make which figure will win? Nothing. I have my own personal favorite figs and those weren't even from this series.

Nevertheless it was really fun to participate. 

I thank you very much for running this and investing all your time into this. :thumbup:

This.

This is a game. not a war. Let's treat it that way.

@Itaria No Shintaku, thank you so much for setting up and organizing this game! It's been a lot of fun and I'm sorry that some people's complaining has left the game on a bad note. Half an hour of preparation for each round?!!! You spend all this time and effort putting together this game which is meant to be fun, only to have people complain and take it to seriously. :cry_sad: I feel so bad for you man.

To those who have voiced their complaints I say this.

Don't. :sadnew:

Instead, voice your thoughts as suggestions, not criticism.

Let's say your kid makes you breakfast in bed.  Chances are is that some things aren't going to be perfect. (AKA egg shells in your scrambled eggs, your waffles are a bit soaked in orange juice after it splashed on the way over, etc.) But does it matter? No! What matters is that they spent a lot of time and effort because they love you and they want to make you happy. In the future they'll get better, but to be honest it doesn't really matter.

What matters is that you have fun, enjoy the game, take note of flaws and make suggestions on how to fix them, and thank the Maker ( of the games and the waffles :laugh: ). 

Have fun and keep building. :wink:

Edited by LegoMonorailFan