Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

Indeed. Elf sits at 2-over for a day and a half and now noob accounts are reversing that? Itaria where are you?

It isn't just one account, either. I see at least a half-dozen accounts that appear to have joined simply to vote in this poll. I'm no conspiracy theorist though, it could just be a coincidence.

Edited by BrickJagger

Other EB contests limit voting to those who joined before a certain date to avoid contestants getting friends and families to join and vote.

Site guidelines do say multiple accounts will result in instant banning. 

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

Other EB contests limit voting to those who joined before a certain date to avoid contestants getting friends and families to join and vote.

Site guidelines do say multiple accounts will result in instant banning. 

I agree!  This should be standard guidelines to all voting polls/games/contests here in EB.

Where are you @Itaria No Shintaku ?

Are there really people that make new (extra) accounts for this game? The love for the elf and scarecrow minifig has no limits. 

It is just a game, people!

btw i'm more into the timed solution. We will have an instant winner and it doesnt drag on like this. I think a lot of people have lost their interest in this game because of that. 

I don't think that this necessarily means these accounts are fake created just to vote for one minifigure. I was following these forums for ages but only this game finally persuade me to register. BTW several new users with zero posts voted for both figures so I really don't see this as a problem.

8 minutes ago, Borex said:

Are there really people that make new (extra) accounts for this game? The love for the elf and scarecrow minifig has no limits. 

It looks like it. The competition is ending in a farce. It is a shame.

There should have been a second person delegated to close the round like all the other rounds have been done. It is a sad end to a fun game when people are registering new accounts for the purpose of voting on this only.

8 hours ago, peme said:

I don't think that this necessarily means these accounts are fake created just to vote for one minifigure. I was following these forums for ages but only this game finally persuade me to register. BTW several new users with zero posts voted for both figures so I really don't see this as a problem.

You joined back in March, I think most would agree there's no issue with that.

Its a bit different when the join date and time and vote date and time are so close together. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)#Ballot_stuffing

This is an absolute joke. The elf was in the lead for many days, by two clear votes. For the previous round, that was enough to close the round and declare the winner.

Now the scarecrow has won by a single vote, two of the votes came from new users set up in the last days of the poll, that have not had any other activity except to vote. Clearly vote stuffing.

I don't think I'll bother voting in the final.

Just now, MAB said:

This is an absolute joke. The elf was in the lead for many days, by two clear votes. For the previous round, that was enough to close the round and declare the winner.

Now the scarecrow has won by a single vote, two of the votes came from new users set up in the last days of the poll, that have not had any other activity except to vote. Clearly vote stuffing.

Ditto. Sorry guys.

The scarecrow was in the lead after 48 hours, which had been the normal voting window. 

But if it's that much of an issue, the mods could check the server logs and see if the IPs for the two accounts in question match any of the IPs for the other accounts that voted.

Either way I feel bad for Itaria. He put a lot of work into this and now the results are going to be contested. 

On the bright side though: LOL the Elf lost. 

I still think the best option would be to include both elf and scarecrow in the final round against the faun...

Though I am glad to see the scarecrow win as I voted for him, I agree that this round was a bit ridiculous and unfair.  As such, I think the elf should move forward as well, though I do not believe he should supplant the scarecrow.  Vote stuffing is a bit of a stretch when both figures had essentially the same number of votes from valid accounts.

It is a bit disappointing to see that the last round went in such a way as to make some voters drop out of the game.  Hopefully it is not just from seeing a favored minifigure drop out of the game, as many voters may have quit long ago if they would only vote while their favorites were in the game (reference all space fans...).

In the end, I do not truly care what the results are since this is just a simple game.  I am fine with the elf being declared the winner from his earlier leads if that is what should happen.

The elf is probably my favourite minifigure, if not among the top 3, while the scarecrow isn't.

This said, whenever I came online, I saw Scarecrow at +1. I was also tempted to close it many times before I had this hiatus from the forum..

I beg pardon to everybody and I feel truly sorry for @MAB who was indeed a great, great contributor for this game.

In the end I think that the Scarecrow, who was in the lead in the beginning, and was leading +1 everytime I checked, represents better the voters of Eurobricks.

Though, I voted for Elf and hoped Elf to win...

39 minutes ago, MAB said:

Agreed on all points. 

6 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The elf is probably my favourite minifigure, if not among the top 3, while the scarecrow isn't.

This said, whenever I came online, I saw Scarecrow at +1. I was also tempted to close it many times before I had this hiatus from the forum..

I beg pardon to everybody and I feel truly sorry for @MAB who was indeed a great, great contributor for this game.

In the end I think that the Scarecrow, who was in the lead in the beginning, and was leading +1 everytime I checked, represents better the voters of Eurobricks.

Though, I voted for Elf and hoped Elf to win...

The round went on for over a week, and from what I saw the Elf and Scarecrow were tied after the allotted 48 hours. After you left, the Elf took the lead about five times, while the Scarecrow took the lead just yesterday when five votes came out of nowhere. 

I'm not leaving this game because the Elf lost, I'm leaving because I disagree with how you've chosen to proceed. I respect your decision (And I'll definitely be back for the next game) but I don't see myself posting in this thread until then. Again, this is a *very* minor thing and I don't want to make too much of a fuss about it. :wink:

Faun is our only hope now .....

and I would like to see panda guy win because he's awesome and he's the one I named my account after and he probably would be my profile pic if I could. not that this has anything to do with this discussion.

And lastly thank you for ending this round ( though I don't like the outcome) I'm just glad to vote in this round and I hope to vote in the final before I leave this week. Not that this has anything to do with the rest of the discussion either.

15 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Who does think I should repeat the second semifinal?

Well I'm not going to boycott the game. but I don't think repeating the round is necessary after all the discussion and arguing I would hate to see that happen again  especially since the purpose of the game is to have fun. And everyone is different and has opinions about what they like and that's okay. Anyway in my my mind the elf will always be better than the scarecrow. 

(And just an interesting fact about me is that I own two of the scarecrow figures and zero elves) 

also now that we have some diversity in the game not that I care about diversity this last round should be interesting. 

And another thought will the grand champion of this game play in the next game ? Or will the winner have to wait and play the grand champion of the next game?

Edited by 1Panda

25 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Who does think I should repeat the second semifinal?

I for one don't think we should. A lot of rounds have dragged on because of ties, and it's been a bit frustrating for those of us who check every day waiting for the next vote and making sure we don't miss it. I understand that this was a close one, but repeating the match won't change that, and it's just a fun game anyways.

We should go with Spock's suggestion of restricting voting to those who were here on or before the thread creation date of march 28. 

Edited by koalayummies