Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

18 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Fun fact: at this point there are 2 couples of matches with the same vote splits: 42/42 and 19/65.

This post right here is proof that we've finally run out of things to discuss. 

16 hours ago, danth said:

I'm going to make a few alternate accounts to make sure my favorite in the Elf vs Scarecrow competition wins!

Reveal hidden contents

No I'm not.

Also Itaria PMed me that he's just going to wait until his favorite wins the tie and then end the vote.

Reveal hidden contents

No he didn't.

:laugh:

Heeheehee! :grin:

I think it's time for a coin toss.

Ok, I'm calling it (even though I have zero authority to do so). The elf has won by two votes (again) and that hasn't changed for almost a full day. 

19 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Ok, I'm calling it (even though I have zero authority to do so). The elf has won by two votes (again) and that hasn't changed for almost a full day. 

But the Scarecrow is so close!

Oh wow. That round is still going :laugh: This is really remarkable that after how many days our two most heated duels are still undecided. Which way ever this will end, please keep in mind that its just a poll :wink: :laugh:

On 7/28/2017 at 9:47 PM, julesvincent said:

At this point, we could just let Faun compete with both of them. One will take home Gold and the other two silver and bronze. 

This does seem like a good idea if we cannot break out of this tie.  Just let the final round be made up of all three figures.

It seems that @Robert8's prediction of a Eurobricks civil war in this round was completely accurate!

What if... @Itaria No Shintaku lost his password for good. And this round will never close. The horror. 

I know one thing after this round is over; the finals will take a month or two to decide who wins. 

I've lost interest in it now. The elf has been two in front for a number of days, even after 70+ votes and it wasn't closed. It is now a whole week that this round has been going. How long will the final be open for?

I think really a time limit should have been set for people to vote and the winner at the end of the time period should have been the winner. It has been a fun game throughout the rounds, but this last round has just dragged on too much.

Edited by MAB

Maybe, @Itaria No Shintaku is on vacation, is sick or really busy with work etc.

Let the poor guy close the round when he got time, it is not the end of the world, both are great figs :wacko:

25 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe, @Itaria No Shintaku is on vacation, is sick or really busy with work etc.

Let the poor guy close the round when he got time, it is not the end of the world, both are great figs :wacko:

I agree. He put so much effort into it already and we know he is tight on time.

...and maybe that settles the waves a bit as well :wink:

You're right, it's not the end of the world. Still, Elf was on top for 36 hours and this could have been done with. Now we're back to even and it's a little frustrating. 

One idea I had is maybe redo the vote with a tighter and pre anounced timeframe. Something like "whoever gets the most votes in a 24 hour period". Presumably people who reeaaaally want a figure to win would vote then no matter the time constraint, and then whoever has the most die hard fans wins.

Maybe he should've delegated a backup person if he is going to be away or unavailable.  :wink:

Fixed voting time limits would make it seem fairer and not open to conflicts of interests.

The results here are definitely too close to tell which figure is preferred. I second @Slegengr 's suggestion to have a three-figure final round.

Edited by BrickJagger
typo

26 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

The results here are definitely too close to tell which figure is preferred. I second @Slegengr 's suggestion to have a three-figure final round.

Yeah but the problem with that is again spoiler candidates. If we did a 3 figure final round, the fairest system would be to ask everyone to rank the figures and make a tally manually.

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

Can't we save Elf, Scarecrow, Imp and Farmer and pair each of them against a different semi-finalist?

Like a wild-card, Tim Gunn save kind of thing?

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Kind of suspicious that one of the recent voters joined 59 minutes ago.

Indeed. Elf sits at 2-over for a day and a half and now noob accounts are reversing that? Itaria where are you?

Is there a minimum account-age for taking part in the poll? If not, maybe its a good idea to introduce one. Ideally the account has to be older than the poll it tries to vote in:wink: