Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

I don't really care that hazmat guy won he's a great Minifigure but when compared to the Roman commander.....

Because those batsuits doesn't make any sense? 

Why in the world would batman need a fairy batsuit or a rocker one or the mariachi one? Batman would never wear that. Not even the LEGO Batman

The only one that does make sense for me is the Scuba one but that's it

7 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Tell me how a normal knight is better than freaking Batman playing a freaking guitar? :hmpf_bad:

I agree with you. Even if it doesn't make sense it's still way better than the knight.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Why in the world would batman need a fairy batsuit or a rocker one or the mariachi one? Batman would never wear that. Not even the LEGO Batman

Well where is your sense of imagination? 

Agreed. 

And personally I don't consider any of the licensed figs as "true" collectible minifigs compared to Lego's own original designs.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

Well, the S13 Evil Wizard is certainly flying past the S15 Kendo Fighter, but overall, most historical/fantasy themed CMFs have been doing pretty well against the rest.

But to me, the Evil Wizard seems more Ming the Merciless than Saurman, so does that make him more of a sci-fi character? 

59 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

I agree with you. Even if it doesn't make sense it's still way better than the knight.

For you maybe, but not for the majority of people that voted.

Wow, this round will certainly tear fantasy/historic fans apart! I went with the elf because to me he has more intricate detail.

Regarding the Lego Batman suit, well, those suits are not for everyone. Lego Batman is a caricature of Batman, hence Batman's variety of suits is taken to a silly extreme on purpose. Granted, if we're going to debate whether or not they make sense, dressing up as a bat doesn't make that much sense in the first place, and I say that as a bat fan.

35 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Wow, this round will certainly tear fantasy/historic fans apart! I went with the elf because to me he has more intricate detail.

Indeed it is, though I think the knight has extraordinary printing. It's really very good. That said, I had to vote for the Elf. He's just got an iconic factor that the knight can't match. Very tough choice.

Easy decision for me:

Headgear: elf hairpiece beats knight's helmet (plenty of them available).

Head: don't care, although the elf's is probably better as the knight has that goofy tooth.

Torso and Legs: both excellent printing.

Shield: elf's is nicer and more usable by far than the knight's bear one.

Weapon: both great.

Extras: the cape beats the shoulder armour.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Regarding the Lego Batman suit, well, those suits are not for everyone. Lego Batman is a caricature of Batman, hence Batman's variety of suits is taken to a silly extreme on purpose. Granted, if we're going to debate whether or not they make sense, dressing up as a bat doesn't make that much sense in the first place, and I say that as a bat fan.

Dressing up as a bat may be a bit random, but the character is part of our culture now. Yet Batman dressed up in a tu-tu or glam-rock outfit isn't. It is specific to one kid's film and thus, if you are not into the Lego Batman Movie, the figure is comparable to, say, a DFB footballer if you are not into the German football team.

20 minutes ago, MAB said:

Dressing up as a bat may be a bit random, but the character is part of our culture now. Yet Batman dressed up in a tu-tu or glam-rock outfit isn't. It is specific to one kid's film and thus, if you are not into the Lego Batman Movie, the figure is comparable to, say, a DFB footballer if you are not into the German football team.

Sure, I agree with all of what you say. But I'm pointing out that if we talk about what "makes sense", a lot of things don't make sense in the super hero world in the first place.

Edited by BrickHat

7 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Sure, I agree with all of what you say. But I'm pointing out that if we talk about what "makes sense", a lot of things don't make sense in the super hero world in the first place.

I agree. Most things don't make sense in the super hero universes if you apply our conventional wisdom. But we accept Batman as a character in one of his "normal" outfits and many fans are interested in Batman memorabilia. However, Batman in a tutu makes as much sense as Batman dressed up as an onion seller, or Batman dressed as a train driver, or ... He doesn't do it in the comics or movies. He only does it in TLBM and so TLBM characters are only really of interest to fans of that movie. Which is why they get voted against when compared to even the most uninspired regular CMF.

38 minutes ago, MAB said:

I agree. Most things don't make sense in the super hero universes if you apply our conventional wisdom. But we accept Batman as a character in one of his "normal" outfits and many fans are interested in Batman memorabilia. However, Batman in a tutu makes as much sense as Batman dressed up as an onion seller, or Batman dressed as a train driver, or ... He doesn't do it in the comics or movies. He only does it in TLBM and so TLBM characters are only really of interest to fans of that movie. Which is why they get voted against when compared to even the most uninspired regular CMF.

I would say the lack of votes aren't necessarily caused by that. Even great Disney CMFs perform poorly. The audience for this game is more of a "regular minifig" kind of audience. Heck, exceptional sci-fi figures lost against some not as exceptional CMFs. So it's hard to argue about the general appeal when the sample of people who vote in this game is not completely representative of the general sample of minifigure fans, much less Batman fans.

Even things within Batman's own comic, accepted universe, don't always make the most sense (and before you say "the golden age of comics was silly anyways", don't forget Christo's Zebra Batman is highly sought after by customs collectors). The range of seriousness in Batman's representations goes from outright ridiculous to realistic and dark. So it's hard to argue that there is a standard that most Batman fans people agree to. The truth is some people enjoy caricatures of the characters they love (Spider-Ham anyone?). Some fans will love them and some won't. Some people enjoy it when the representations take creative liberties, and some hate it. That is one of the reasons why the Batman CMFs can be divisive. While I understand that some collectors dislike the ridiculous suits, they have their own appeal with certain fans, and they make as much sense as Zebra Batman.

Edited by BrickHat

Man oh man! Elf or frightening knight? Tough one for sure. I went with FK, but if the Elf wins all is still good. :sweet:

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Agreed, but a Bat-train conductor would be...unique. :laugh:

This is the pairing I did not want to happen  :wacko: both are my top two in the game but and its to bad they have to play each other. Anyways I don't own either of them so voting for the knight wasn't so hard I really don't care who wins as long as the winner wins the overall game.   :wink:

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Batman would never wear that. Not even the LEGO Batman

Except that Batman wore that in the movie.

Looks like the Elf will make it to the semi-finals, although by a miracle the Knight could catch up and stall this into a tie. It'll be interesting to see if anything like that happens overnight (for us in the American continent).

All the ones I voted for are winning :tongue: when I first voted in the first quarter finals, Alice was winning against King Tut but that's now changed.

Knight has come back from 29-21 to 29-25. This isn't over just yet, given about 70 people often vote.