Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

Gingerbreadman lost to a scarecrow. I've lost all hope in human kind. 

My top from this voting: 1) classic alien 2) plant monster 3) galaxy patrol 4) spectre 5) elf 6)robot 7) comic book guy 7) rogue and at the bottom the queen and the fortune teller. The fortune teller in round three. Insane. 

Looks like my beloved Fortune Teller is about to be defeated by the Queen. Drat.

3 hours ago, makoy said:

Hmmm..this made me think, if the vote data is anonymous, will we get a different result? I do realise the vote data is public so voters may get peer pressure.

I would certainly hope not! Personally I don't care who knows how I voted. My preference is my preference, and no amount of scoffing over my choices is going to make me change my mind.

6 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Looks like my beloved Fortune Teller is about to be defeated by the Queen. Drat.

Looks like my beloved Rogue is about to be defeated by the Elf too. :hmpf_bad:

Actually, the choice between the S7 Galaxy Trooper and the S13 Paleontologist was a rather hard one for me.

53 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Looks like my beloved Rogue is about to be defeated by the Elf too. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah. Which is fine because Elf is too mainstream for me. I will vote for anything that has Wolfpack logo on it.

15 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Elf and rogue are my top 2 so it was very hard... in the other the queen barely edges the fortune teller.

Same here. What a brutal round. 

Hard choices when the paired figures are fairly similar and evenly paired!  Is this intentional?

I like how the additional votes have almost always been an easy pick from my personal preferences.

Surely we can't allow the wildlife photographer to be beaten by plant monster guy? I know the figure itself isn't great but it contains a Lego penguin - A REAL LEGO PENGUIN!!!

My 10 year old self is furious with all the plant monster voters...

Queen vs fortune teller is going to be a battle. So should elf vs rogue. Tough round!

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Queen vs fortune teller is going to be a battle. So should elf vs rogue. Tough round!

Elf v Rogue seems to be a done deal based on current votes. 10 is a lot to come back, even if another 40 vote. The queen vs fortune teller is the interesting one, that is really neck and neck.

Edit: will that be enough to spur a comeback? 2 closer now!

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

Surely we can't allow the wildlife photographer to be beaten by plant monster guy? I know the figure itself isn't great but it contains a Lego penguin - A REAL LEGO PENGUIN!!!

My 10 year old self is furious with all the plant monster voters...

The penguin is winning for now. But it says something when the minifigure is less important than its accessory (same with the babysitter).

Edited by MAB

Just now, Umbra-Manis said:

Elf vs. rogue was hard, but I went rogue for the advanced printing.

This is the new vs old argument. Imagine what the elf would look like if he was released now. It's one I'd like them to update with a partner, or do a decent female version.

Just now, Umbra-Manis said:

DIE FORTUNE TELLER!

Looks like the Queen just got a boost! Reminds me of this ...

diebartdie.jpg

This was the most difficult round yet for me. I suppose it's only going to get more difficult to choose as time moves on.

ROGUE! Im sorry rogue, Im sorry I cant! :cry_sad:

22 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Ugh... guys really? How can the Gingerbread Man and Bunny Suit Guy lose?

This time we agree! :sadnew:

Also, with my vote the Plant Monster edges the Paleontologist. :laugh::laugh:

My picks for this round are easily the elf and the queen. Never really cared as much for the rogue as other people, and to me the Fortune Teller is out of place in round 3.

Edited by BrickHat

Oh my sweet Rogue. I was really hoping to see him in the final 4. It's just such a great minifig. Oh well.

On 5/30/2017 at 8:56 PM, BrickJagger said:

Battle Goddess, Elf and Cowboy for me. I think the Elf has a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing, which I would love.

Like I said before, the Elf is probably winning it all. Every round with him in it was a blowout.

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

Like I said before, the Elf is probably winning it all. Every round with him in it was a blowout.

I like the Elf and all, but I'm hoping there are others like me who would prefer to see the Hazmat Suit Guy, Classic Diver, Aztec, or even the Tiki Warrior take the grand prize.

Elf vs. Rogue was super tough, but in the end I went with the amount of useful/appealing pieces.  The Rogue has great printing, but the hood is the only completely new piece.  The Elf introduced the longbow and elf-ear hairpiece.  Plus, he has a cape and a great new shield print, in addition to pretty good torso and leg printing.  Elf wins out.

In other news, how are the Spectre and especially the Classic Alien LOSING in the other matchups?

As far as the final winner goes, I think the Elf has a pretty good chance.  But looking at the results thread/main topic, looks like the Spartan is still in this as well.  I think he might go up against the Elf in the final if they don't have to face each other sooner.  The Zombie appears to have been eliminated in round 1 though?  Anyone remember who he lost to?  I know these three are from the first series, but Zombie, Spartan, and Elf may always be my top 3 figures and at least always in the top 10.

2 hours ago, Industrial Voodoo said:

I'm surprised at the popularity of the elf given how many elves there were in the LOTR and Hobbit lines.

But it was the 1st! It was a dream came true for many fantasy fans. And this is something that is not forgotten!

2 hours ago, Industrial Voodoo said:

I'm surprised at the popularity of the elf given how many elves there were in the LOTR and Hobbit lines.

14 minutes ago, Yooha said:

But it was the 1st! It was a dream came true for many fantasy fans. And this is something that is not forgotten!

And the S3 elf printing is probably better than many of the LOTR and Hobbit elves. Also the lack of yellow printing on the torso means that the heads / hands can easily be switched too, which gets them extra points in my view. If there had been yellow skin on the torso, he'd be a lesser figure for me.

3 hours ago, Phyre said:

The Zombie appears to have been eliminated in round 1 though?  Anyone remember who he lost to?  I know these three are from the first series, but Zombie, Spartan, and Elf may always be my top 3 figures and at least always in the top 10.

The Zombie lost in group 14, to the Satyr / Faun (he also won his round 2). The Zombie was really popular when he was new, but I think he lost favour when reproduced (in different colours) in the Halloween set, then a number of other zombies (with probably better printing and parts) came in Monster Fighters and Series 14.

The Spartan hasn't been redone (although there are many other army builders now). He is fairly plain (I'm sure he'd get a better shield these days) but still popular as a 300 army builder. The Elf being in S3 was probably just at the right time, wonderful printing on the torso and shield, good time for new parts.