Hello people,

I'm joining another contest. The idea seemed really nice to me, and it was doable with my skills. 

My robot is called IRON-SLAMMER-ALPHA!. Iron sounds cool, slammer because i have a hammer and alpha because im the alpha(=  first, dominant)

I should also mention that i'm in the PF-category and not in the S-brick category

progress:

IRON SLAMMER ALPHA V1

1. This is the hammer, it will become longer and i put a weight at the end for more impact. 2nd picture is bottom. I have a clutch so the hammer can fall under gravity. That gives bigger impact than the slow moving XL-motor. I geared it ofcourse down otherwise it cant lift the hammer.

33665163685_419f72989e_b.jpg

(I leave a lot of stuff out because it is not relevant anymore)

This is the finished model:

33281087220_4125d6fa37_b.jpg

but it was wayy too big so i teared it down until i had only the hammer left and the gearbox. I then built the following model which i present with proud:

IRON-SLAMMER-ALPHA V2.0!!

in order to gain more length, i moved the gearbox+motors behind the hammer. The hammer is now 4 studs above the ground. I also put a battery box at the end. The impact is pretty serious right now. In the video i will show you how much. To visualise the impact i had to be quite creative. The tracks are redesigend. The old ones were 'modules' which i put on the side of the model. These tracks are part of the whole thing and can't be taken off. The tracks are not flat because i had to put them over a beam. I do like it so i did not take the effort to change anything. I put the motors, BB and IR-recievers at the back. This is a wheight which prevents the bot from falling foward. It works perfect because it does not tend to fall forward whatsoever. The BB is easy to remove. All it takes is to remove 2 red pins. I'm gonna show in the video how it works. After the tracks and the PF-stuff was done, i made some armor around the tracks. The end result is not very pretty.but it looks badass and works flawless. I am currenly working on a video so i won't show you how it works but you'll see in a few days. Here are the pics:

this is the hammer. It is all i had left after tearing down v1. It is 42 studs here because it cannot be higher than 45 studs and i wanted to have some space left. This is the last picture in VVS mode (which is a relief for some people:wink:) but this one is VVS because it fit's better in the picture.

33558383001_bb2efc0f67_b.jpg

Here you see the almost finished model. I forgot to take pictures between those moments. After this, i only put on the tracks armor. and 

33576060300_efe08a4420_b.jpg

This are pictures of the finished model. These are proofs that it fits in a 45x45x45.

33917832686_dd0b8b7bbd_b.jpg

33978057066_85fea2cd23_b.jpg

33917831066_ab36752897_b.jpg

33145682033_b153e2b121_b.jpg

33145684403_307197c40a_b.jpg

33917831416_3db0eb4441_b.jpg

Here are some facts summed up for you:

- weight: 1800 grams

- dimensions: LxBxH = 44*35*45

PF components:

- 2x L-motor for driving, I am amazed that the l-motors can power the bot because it is quite heavy. 

- 1x M-motor for clutch

- 1x XL-motor for lifting the hammer. It can easily lift the hammer but i can not make it longer otherwise it will stick outside the imaginary box.

- 2x Battery box, 1 to power it, and one as weight in the hammer.

Thanks for reading this far. I hope you like it. feel free to critisise it because it is far from perfect and all moc's, no matter how good, have flaws. 

Edited by roppie11

Watch out roppie11, 45x45x45 is the standby size, placed in the arena. After that You may not touch the bot, so You have to rebuild the hammer.

It is an interesting concept though, looks good so far. The track geometry might be problematic, I would twist - like on 42042 - for better stability. I also recommend to make the videos horizontally (16:9), it gives a more pleasuring result.

5 minutes ago, agrof said:

Watch out roppie11, 45x45x45 is the standby size, placed in the arena. After that You may not touch the bot, so You have to rebuild the hammer.

(...)

Make videos horizontally (16:9), it gives a more pleasuring result.

Hmm i think you are right about the size thing. Lets see what @Jim says about it

And you're right. I should have filmed horizontally. I planned on doing that for the final video but forgot it.

Thanks for your useful feedback :)

Your Bot must be withing 45x45x45 when you place it in the Arena.

After that, it can expand in all directions as much you want, BUT...all movements/actions/expanding, after you place it in the arena, has to be remotely controlled. So, no touching, indeed.

Thanks for answering. I will have to rebuilt the whole thing :( but its the rules and they also apply for me. 

For now enjoy this mighty beast because it will not be as mighty when it comes back

This 'bot looks promising! I agree with Agrof, in that you should turn the tracks over. This is because you need stability provided by more points of contact with the ground, rather than the 'off-road' capabilities you have with the current track shape. Unless you intend to do off-road bot-battling :tongue:!

5 hours ago, roppie11 said:

Thanks for answering. I will have to rebuilt the whole thing :( but its the rules and they also apply for me. 

For now enjoy this mighty beast because it will not be as mighty when it comes back

You don't need to rebuild it all, just add a hinge-point in the hammer, and add a LA controlled by a motor to straighten it out.

16 hours ago, Milan said:

Your Bot must be withing 45x45x45 when you place it in the Arena.

After that, it can expand in all directions as much you want, BUT...all movements/actions/expanding, after you place it in the arena, has to be remotely controlled. So, no touching, indeed.

What he said :sweet:

16 hours ago, roppie11 said:

And you're right. I should have filmed horizontally. I planned on doing that for the final video but forgot it.

Pfew that's good to hear...no VVS here please :laugh:

N

14 hours ago, Buddy010702 said:

You don't need to rebuild it all, just add a hinge-point in the hammer, and add a LA controlled by a motor to straighten it out.

Well, its one big massive piece of machine. I cant 'just' put an LA in it.

Update: i changed the hammer. It had to be shorter, but i want it as long as possible so i am going to place the ring pretty low. My plan is to give it 5 studs ground clearance and i have 2 studs thick structure under it so i will have 3 studs under the hammer. It is now 42 studs high (put it on 3l high blocks) so i can set it a little higher if needed

Slightly less than 45 studs

Im gonna change the tracks for more stability. I am also gonna put all PF stuff in the back as counterweight.

Sorry for another VVS pic but it fits better this way :)

I would say, go for maximum, also You can gather length (maybe), if you focus on the standby position, like in this a rough scetch. Well, the hammer should face upwards (left is the front of the bot).

1.png

no matter if it is upright, or facing backwards, bottom of the thing till the top is still 45 studs. and by putting it backwards i don't gain mor lengt.

Maybe i can set it diagonal like this but thats for later. 

sketch robot.png

this is a really interesting gravity axe, there are not so effective but if you acheive to keep the axe longer than 45stud is could be enought powerful to be effective against lego! also you really need to pgrade tracks (that imho are the weak point) and maybe add a small wedge on the front that will make the whole thing looks more aggressive (and even useful) also tracks can be flat too, no need to use space/complex building techniques to give that "D" shape.

oh and it reminds me mega melvin

I present to you with proud: IRON-SLAMMER-ALPHA V2.0 my bot is finished and i'm working on the video. Check the first post in this topic for all the information.