ElectroDiva

Collectible Historic/Fantasy Minifigure Series

7 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

So, After Compliling my list, I Decided to take a step further and actually design my figs: fantasy_cmf.png

Wow - these are great!!

I think the Necromancer and Cthulhu are my favourites. Thanks for sharing :)

My favs are Plague Doctor, Vampire Knight, Monk, Minstrel, Dark Elf and Alchemist

Good job on these. They look amazing :classic: :thumbup:

Edited by Robert8

1. Witch doctor - a lot like the tribal shaman-type fig or even necromancer others have suggested, but with a shrunken head (baby head mold ftw!)

2. Fop/Dandy - gaudy printing with an outrageous hat. Go the KKII route with these and give me five in different, vibrant colors (with different hats, of course).

3. Troubador - simple printing with a new lute mold.

4. Maritime explorer - this one is probably doable now with the highwayman torso + Shakespeare collar. I'd love an armillary sphere accessory, but I suppose the sextant would do (in gold).

5. Falconer/Hunter - with blunderbuss and new arm accessory/handheld piece with a stud for the falcon to rest on the arm, not hand. But that's probably being too picky.

6. While not a minifig, I would like a peacock accessory. Give it several Friends-style inserts on the back for feathers (the standard feather piece, printed). I guess this isn't strictly historic, but I thought of it while thinking of the dandies (at least one of whom needs a peacock feather) and decided I wanted the whole bird. Add that to everyone's list of desired animals.

I may come back and post more later.

Here's my third list. this time I've given them all a gender.

1. Orc black smith (female)
2. Sparti (male)
3. Celtic peasant (female)
4. Tsar Catherine the great (female)
5. Bellerophon (male)
6. Persian immortal (male)
7. Viking (with no horns)
8. Attila the Hun (male)
9. Macedonian warrior (male)
10. Crusader (male)
11. Babylonian high priest (male)
12. Whig (male)
13. Spanish inquisition torturer (male)

14. Dwarf Inventor (female)
15. Napoleon (male)
16. Dark elf cultist (female)

bluis real figures
black is realistic but more vague army builders
Brown is fantasy and mythology

On 4/22/2017 at 6:03 PM, Eggyslav said:

So, After Compliling my list, I Decided to take a step further and actually design my figs: fantasy_cmf.png

Since Elf Girl was already made by TLG, I had to make a different fig, a Plague Doctor. Also my list consisted only 15 minifigs, so I added a Mindflayer, straight from D&D. And sorry for messed up prints, I have to use LDD in Safe Mode, which Sucks. Anyways:

fantasy_cmf1.png

First row, from left to right: Vampire Knight, 17th-18th Century Gentleman (Suggested official name: Nobleman, or Prince), Necromancer and female Alchemist.

fantasy_cmf2.png

Second Row: Steampunk Minifig (Sugested official name: Steam Engineer), Clockwork Automaton, Female Pirate (Sugested Official name: Pirate Wench), and Norman Warrior.

fantasy_cmf3.png

Third Row: Golem, Plague Doctor, 18th century Lady (Suggested Official name: Opera Singer), and Dark Elf.

fantasy_cmf4.png

And the last row: Monk (suggested official name: Chronicler, or Scribe), Bard/Minstrel, Mindflayer/Ithilid/Chthulhu (Suggested official name: Eldritch Horror), and Centaur.

If you want to see them in flesh, here's the .lxf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Eggyslav/CMF/fantasy_cmf.lxf

What parts did you use for the Steam Engineer figure?

@Mkez45634 The Rock Raiders helmet in black, Flying Goggles in copper, CMF Explorer's head, Naboo Starfighter Pilot's torso in orange-brown, Gold Epaulettes, tan legs, a wrench in titanium metal, CMF space gun in copper, and a spyglass in Titanium Metal.

6 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

@Mkez45634 The Rock Raiders helmet in black, Flying Goggles in copper, CMF Explorer's head, Naboo Starfighter Pilot's torso in orange-brown, Gold Epaulettes, tan legs, a wrench in titanium metal, CMF space gun in copper, and a spyglass in Titanium Metal.

Thanks

So, I had these ideas for a Castle CMF series.

One idea was to base the series on Classic Castle themes (basically anything before Fright Knights).  It would have included knights from the Dragon, Falcon, and Lion factions, a Wolfpack Rogue, and a Forestman.  It would also have had some knights, soldiers, and royalty using these 1978 faction designs updated for a modern theme, including a Crown faction royal family:

3238.1302832425.jpg

Then I had another idea for a series inspired by other popular fantasy sources.  See if you can guess them.  It would have included Lion, Dragon, Stag, Wolf, Squid, and Fish heraldries (each with a different motif).  It would have had some additional figures like a red witch, a couple of princesses, a yellow haired Lion prince in red, and a Black Knight in furs.  Furthermore, it included a female knight with horse heraldry and blonde hair, as well as a silver armored knight with black and silver tree heraldry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I have a better idea.  Some of these were borrowed from other people's lists and ideas, and they are still inspired by or based on Castle factions:

1. Wolfpack (Wolf heraldry) faction Wolf Trainer in dark brown and black with grey Wolf.
  2. Black Falcon (Black and White Falcon heraldry) faction Falconer in black and dark blue with black Falcon.
  3. Black Knight (Dragon heraldry) faction Dragon Trainer in dark red with dark red baby Dragon and dragon egg.
  4. Crusaders (Lion heraldry) faction Squire in dark red and dark blue with short legs. 
  5. Fantasy Era Undead (Skull heraldry) faction Necromancer in black with ornate staff.
  6. Fright Knight (Bat heraldry) faction Undead Knight in black and dark red with pearl dark grey or black winged helmet.
  7. Bull (Bull heraldry) faction Bullfighter in light blue and gold with red cape and cutlass (or appropriate blade).
  8. Forestmen (Stag heraldry) faction female Soldier in dark green with shield.
  9. Forestman (CMF Forest Maiden Tree heraldry) faction Soldier in dark green and brown.
  10. Crown (1978 Crown heraldry) faction King in dark purple and gold.
  11. Chevron (1978 Chevron heraldry) faction Guard in dark green and yellow with pike and shield.
  12. Club (1978 Club heraldry) faction Jouster in dark blue and yellow with lance and shield.
  13. Cross (1978 Cross heraldry) faction Knight in white and red with sword and shield.
  14. Bear (CMF Frightening Knight Bear heraldry) faction Soldier in dark red and dark green.
  15. Boar (CMF Evil Knight / Battle Dwarf Boar heraldry) faction Farmer with Hog and dark brown or pearl dark grey pitchfork.
  16. Elf (CMF Elf Maiden Flower heraldry) faction Archer in light blue and silver with dark brown long bow and quiver.

And here are a few alternates:

1. Dragon faction Dragon Trainer in Dark Green with baby Dragon and dragon egg.
  2. Bull faction Knight in dark brown and tans with horned helmet.
  3. Elf (Stag) faction female Soldier in dark green.

I would not be opposed to new factions, but there are a lot of available factions over the years, so I thought it would be fun to play around with the concepts.  It's a little heavy on soldiers, but it works.  Also, the idea of a character within each faction that directly relates to the heraldry interests me greatly.

This idea sprung out of the Falconer suggested by rodiziorobs, the Dragon Trainer suggested by Robert8, and a few ideas suggested by Eggyslav, so my thanks to them.  I then combined them with some of my own thoughts and ideas (mostly to use 1978 factions and to see a Wolfpack Wolf Trainer) and expanded.  I think many of us could easily suggest enough characters to have 2 or 3 series.

I like the diversity in Egyslav's suggestions.  The Bard, Alchemist, Plague Doctor, and Centaur are specifically characters I would have liked to include in my own list.  I stayed away from most fantasy races (aside from the Elf and Undead), but I would not mind Dwarves or Goblins too much.  I didn't mention gender in most cases, only in those cases where female is specifically desired.  And another thing I wouldn't mind seeing (even though it's been done a few times) is another Jester, maybe in black and dark purple.

And now I hit Submit Reply, otherwise I will keep editing my list and rambling on...

@Eggyslav I also mixed series 13 evil wizard and alien to create Mindflayers!!! :)

My list

1) ORCISH WARRIOR!
2) Bard
3) Rogue, in black, with cape.
4) Yuan-Ti
5) Centaur
6) Harpy
7) Ghost Knight
8) Kobold
9) Draconian
10) Crusader/Paladin
11) Elven Fighter(different hairstyle)
12) Wight
13) Ogre
14) Knight
15) Commoner / Peasant
16) Statue.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Hey guys, some time ago, I discovered LDD's Developer mode, and what did I do? I've enhanced my Historical CMF designs. Guess what's different:

fantasy_cmf5.png

Edited by Eggyslav

15 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Hey guys, some time ago, I discovered LDD's Developer mode, and what did I do? I've enhanced my Historical CMF designs. Guess what's different:

The Clockwork Automaton!

@Umbra-Manis Nope, this is just printing, so far, there can't be both dual molded and printed legs on a minifig in LDD. Besides, this printing already was on Bard, but now is more clear because I no longer have to use LDD's safe mode.

@VaderFan2187: Check this topic out, It has everything you need to know about LDD Developer's mode:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/151152-ldd-developer-mode/

Oooh, just found this thread - gotta participate!

1) Goddess of the Hunt - Artemis-inspired minifigure

2) Bard w/ lyre

3) Druid (male) with wolf animal companion and tree branch/quarterstaff walking stick

4) Falconer w/ falcon animal accessory (naturally)

5) Courtesan - Marie Antoinette-style lady of the court

6) Highland Battle Queen - Think Merida in tartan and with a great big sword and shield instead of a bow

7) Ghostly Jester - In the Lego Minifigures game they had a black and white jester outfit with a skeleton face. Basically, that, please :)

8) Dryad - Green skinned tree spirit with leafy accessories

9) Fox Woman - Out of Japanese mythology

10) Mer Warrior - Robert 8's design would do just fine .

11) Warlock - Green-skinned male witch in black, possibly with a cape, definitely with a wand or staff.

12) Steampunk Adventurer - Kind of like Basil Rathbone from the Monster Fighters, but steampunkier

13) Old Timey Riverboat Gambler - With a playing card accessory and maybe a pistol

14) Stagecoach Robber - Female Wild West Bandit

15) Lady Swasbuckler - Fortune Teller's head piece in black or green with vivid red hair underneath, a pirate's outfit, and a fencing sword

16) Renaissance Man - A Leonardo DaVinci looking guy with blueprints and maybe some kind of tool or paintbrush

Just looking at these lists makes me want a series like this!!  Hopefully we'll get something close to many of these in later series!  Just hope TLG doesn't start transitioning out to just licensed CMFs!

Whoops - I was remiss - have to have the Centaur as well!

Maybe my series can be a 20-minifigure set! LOL

17) Centaur

18) Mummy Queen

19) Male Fairy/Sparrowman

20) Witch Doctor

I'm against themed CMF series, but here is my list. Just for fun

1. Dragon Suit Guy

2. Sorceress*

3. Fairy Godmother*

4. Forest Hermit (Monk)

5. Jouster

6. Dark Elf

7. Pixie*

8. Evil Genie

9. Olympus King (Zeus)

10. Evil Queen*

12. Underworld King (Hades)

13. Grim Reaper

14. Undead Knight

15. Peasant*

16. Squire

WE NEED MORE COLLECTABLE MINIFIGURE WISHLIST TOPICS LIKE THIS! :sweet: Alright, here's my shot:

1. Frontiersman (think Daniel Boone)
  2. Oriental Emperor/Empress
  3. Sorceress (think Sleeping Beauty's Maleficent)
  4. Victorian Gentleman/Gentlewoman
  5. Heroic Prince
  6. Steampunk Adventurer/Adventuress
  7. Pilgrim (Mayflower colonist, that is)
  8. Viking Chieftain
  9. Masked Avenger (a.k.a. Zorro)
  10. Babylonian King
  11. Heroic Fantasy Knight
  12. Valkyrie (especially if it's anything like @Robert8's design)
  13. Atlantean Warrior
  14. Arabian Prince/Princess
  15. Dutch Milkmaid
  16. Renaissance Airman (a.k.a. DaVinci-esque Glider Aviator)

I rather see a "fun in the xxx" style set or converted/updated Education people set compared to the random CMF, but that's just me.

It's the system of CMF that irks me, not the content.

In the end it's all about feeling or reselling extras, or buying overpriced via some 3rd party seller.

Edited by TeriXeri