Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

1993 LEGO World Expo "Pirates Ahoy" Souvenir Booklet

Would you be interested in looking at it?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in looking at it?

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

Not me! I'd love to have a physical copy, but it must have been you or someone else. :pir_laugh2:

I do indeed have a physical copy of the souvenir booklet but it's been so long I don't remember scanning it.

10 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

Yeah, that all-green outfit in the comic was pretty striking. I've been meaning to track down an extra green pirate from the last wave to make a Culverin figure, but I guess I could just use the blue pirate shirt too, haha.

Surely pirates had more than one outfit! :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I do indeed have a physical copy of the souvenir booklet but it's been so long I don't remember scanning it.

Surely pirates had more than one outfit! :pir-laugh:

If you go to my site: http://www.wskel.com/sb/pirates/ then click Events click the show book for World 8, 1987-1988 (2 years before the Pirates line debuted) and you will find an earlier model of Captain Red Beard wearing blue!

42 minutes ago, kelceycoe said:

If you go to my site: http://www.wskel.com/sb/pirates/ then click Events click the show book for World 8, 1987-1988 (2 years before the Pirates line debuted) and you will find an earlier model of Captain Red Beard wearing blue!

I did that and it linked me to lws8.zip which was a 9MB download full of images so I'm a bit uncertain exactly which page you're referring to but this one has a pirate in blue on the left...

lws-eight02.jpg

20 minutes ago, kelceycoe said:

Yes the image is in the lws8.zip file.

Ok, you're making this waaaaaaaaaaay harder than it needs to be.

I understand you're trying to drive more traffic to your website but it's unreasonable to expect forum users to visit your site and search through .zip files to locate the correct image.

No one but me will go to that effort.

So the image from my earlier post (also below), is not the image you were referring to?

lws-eight02.jpg