Mister Phes

1993 LEGO World Expo "Pirates Ahoy" Souvenir Booklet

Would you be interested in looking at it?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in looking at it?

• Yes
    • No

Here are some scans from the 1993 LEGO World Expo "Pirates Ahoy" Souvenir Booklet.

The scans were made back in 2005 so the images are somewhat lacking in quality and resolution, but they should do the job for those who are curious.

01-Front_Cover.jpg

02-Pirate_Galleon.jpg

03-The_Galley.jpg

04-Captains_Cabin.jpg

05-Lollonois.jpg

06-Pirate_Musicians.jpg

07-Pirate-Camp.jpg

08-Paradise_Canyon.jpg

09-Treasure-Cave.jpg

Remember back in the good old days when LEGO used to pick a theme and sculptures out of them and tour the world? I remember seeing Space, African Safari, Ships and the Sea and of course Pirates...

And it just so happens that I have the souveneir booklet from the Pirates expo. Now before I spend time scanning it in, I'd like to know if anyone is actually interested in seeing it. If so, then select YES, if any other response, select NO.

That remains to be seen. I'm not going to the trouble of scanning this for a minority of votes. I want to see high numbers here... HIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH...

About a dosen pages, which isn't incredibly long but my scanner is old and frumpy so I'll have to adjust all the images manually and that'll take time.

I would enjoy seeing it!

Many memories and images of the old Lego times have been wiped from our memories (for example, the loss of the Brickshelf scan catalogs) so I think that anything like what you are offering is worth seeing.

And so I would appreciate you taking the time to show us this.

Jon.

Definetly a YES!

Besides, as mentioned previously, it would be appreciated by many throughout the LEGO community (not just those here on Eurobricks)

Ah, but we are subject to copyright infrigement. I do not own the rights to duplicate this document nor have I recieved permission to do so. Therefore it also imbues legal issues.

mr phes i would like to see it i remember when i was hmmm well im 13 now (14 in 3 weeks :) ) so i guess when i was..wow i do not remember anyways i remember seeing that pirate thing and it was awsome i use to go to the lego store just to see somtimes i can still remember a pirate in a hammock and mice eating sausage..ok so yes i would like to see the book

Yes!Yes!Yes! And off the plank with the 'no' voters...

God Bless,

Nathan

I voted NO myself! Obviously I don't need the scans... But anyway...

We've almost reached quota... Looks like I'll have to fire the scanner up.

Great, now I feel left out... :'(

Anyways, I'm confused. Is the book on actual pirates, or LEGO pirates? *wacko* If it was on LEGO pirates, I apologize. I thought it was for true-to-life pirates. :$

So, under these circumstances:

If real pirates: Still a no, sorry. ;)

If LEGO pirates: Change my vote to a YES! :D

Confused? I might have been a little tired when I explained it so it shouldn't have been that indecipherable.

Anyways, lets take another took at it.

Remember back in the good old days when LEGO used to pick a theme and create (left a word out) sculptures out of them and tour the world? I remember seeing Space, African Safari, Ships and the Sea and of course Pirates... Yes! They use to make LEGO sculptures

And it just so happens that I have the souveneir booklet from the Pirates expo. Yes, the Pirate Expo featured LEGO Pirates of all shapes and sizes

Does that help clarify things?

We've reached quota! Well done.

Except there's one slight problem. My LEGO dealer whom I purchased my Pirates Perilous Pitfall needs a copy of the instructions, so I might need to scan them for him tonight instead...

Mister Phes did you ever scan the book? As we've met, and passed the quota plus I'm intrested in seeing this book as well (I voted yes). I just realized that you seem to have revived a two year old topic BlueBard, but since Phes didn't post the scan, I guess its time to remind him about it :pir-tongue: .

Edited by MacK

Actually, I revived it, I just voted, but then it came up to the latest topics, so I didn't post in it!

By the way, if anyones interested, I voted yes.

Edited by Axle

Mister Phes did you ever scan the book? As we've met, and passed the quota plus I'm intrested in seeing this book as well (I voted yes).

Yes, I did scan the book and hosted it on my old server. I didn't renew the hosting account so bye bye went the images and thus the thread was removed from the forum.

The scans weren't great anyway, so when I have the time I'm going to create all new scans using a technique with my 10 megapixel camera. Unfortunately I can't an estimate how far into the future this will be.

Yeeps, there seem to be a lot of polls getting bumped without any new content... :pir-sceptic:

Yes, I did scan the book and hosted it on my old server. I didn't renew the hosting account so bye bye went the images and thus the thread was removed from the forum.

I was lucky enough to see these at the time, and they looked great! Sort of a Legoalnd picture-tour... :pir-wub: