ACPin

Sticker Shock!

Very seldom use the sticker sheets when building sets and have kept them together in a box through the years...

Love them or hate them!?

AC

32782131794_9651930687_c.jpg

By and large I think stickers are no bueno, but I have been known them on rare occasions. I think the fiery skeleton stickers from the Queen Anne's Revenge are pretty cool, and I check BL occasionally if a set of glass with them applied is available from a US seller.

55 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

Outch, thats an epic collection. Maybe sell them? But certainly not to me :laugh: :wink:

Keep them for MOCs or donate to your local LEGO User Group.  :wink:

31 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

donate to your local LEGO User Group.  :wink:

Now that's a rather splendid idea!:classic::thumbup:

The occasional sticker is OK, but I'd say I leave about 95%+ of them off... and I have a similar collection of sticker sheets!  :laugh:

One observation about how my attitude towards stickers has changed over the years, though:  Part of my dislike stemmed from when I was younger and didn't have all that much Lego; when the stickers limited the use of a piece (especially when Lego still did STAMPs - UGH!!) I'd not use them for fear of being caught short of a part I needed later or trying to peel a sticker off at that point.  With a much larger collection where part scarcity isn't really an issue, I'm much more willing to put on the occasional sticker if it seems like it'll actually enhance a build.  Anyone else evolve over time like that re: sticker use?

I've also evolved over time in my attitude to stickers. I still leave them off most of the time, but up until a few years ago I just flat-out didn't even buy any sets that had them. I've learned enough about the production process to understand why they're necessary, but I still prefer brick-built detailing over any sort of surface decoration (stickered or printed) any day.

With regard to your own collection, I imagine that Platform 9¾ sticker has got to be worth something. :laugh:

Very nice, I also collect original stickers, if I want to reproduce stickers I always want to have the originals first. Stickers are not a problem, the fact they are sometimes so expensive and difficult to use is the problem.

Lot of stickers for sure!
I personally dont like them but understand that printing every part would be expensive.

I usually do not apply stickers for reuse and flexibility purposes of the bricks. When I want to apply them (e.g. on my Millennium Falcon) I order a new sheet so I have one spare! 

Occasionally on very small sets with 1 or 2 stickers I do apply them to keep or train my sticker skills haha :-)

Edited by KCMatze

On 3/24/2017 at 10:10 PM, Tragic Banjo said:

With regard to your own collection, I imagine that Platform 9¾ sticker has got to be worth something. :laugh:

That was the first thing I checked on Bricklink!

AC

I keep stickers packed away for use. I don't typically use them on the sets they came with, except for certain things I keep built or if they are cool (like the haunted mansion). Often when making  a BL order I will add a lot of stickers to my order if I can imagine them being useful for MOCs.