Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - CH5 B] Common Soldier

Skaford Heights - An Eslandola Battalion trying to land

Eslandolans : "Arriba Eslandola !!!!! "

Mardierians : "You're still carrion flesh"

ygjz.png

That's just the story of a soldier, who strongly believe in Eslandola... It was in front line for the landing... an honour.

But a blunderbuss shot, took is left hand and severly damaged his arm few seconds after the start of the battle...

fc0u.png

He bravely continu the fight...

4cf9.png

... killing some Mardierians... and then a gun battery started to fire, trying to reject Eslandolan to the sea, in a hellish din.

ant7.png

The fight was a fierce battle, neat as a slaughtery. The beach was slowly depopulated.

Near the end of the battle, a cannon ball blowed his legs off and he fall on the beach, his intestines, stomach, in a pool of blood.

Before closing the eyes for good, he shot a last Mardierian defender, which was running death to the Eslandolan General...

akq8.png

He was just a common soldier, proud of his country...

C&C welcome, sorry for the bloody picture, but the subject  was all about death...

Edited by Professor Thaum

Bloody battle indeed...

But I really like your Mardieran uniforms and hats ! This old colonial helmet is great on them ! I tryed it on the head of some Garveyan men myself and will probably use it for Mardier guys too now...

I am suposing it's a build for Eslandola, am I right ?

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Who knows ?

Each challenge build needs to be declared for one side or the other in the war for judging purposes. Sine your hero is Eslandolan, it appears the build is pro-ESL.

Death at shallow waters! I like how you incorporated all that action! Oh, and those viciously nice boats and sailor outfits...

That, sir, is a horrifying amount of carnage. Reminds me of why my sigfig joined the navy and not the army or marines.:grin:

I'm impressed that you managed to add so many minifigs and made regular changes to your build as the story progressed. From what I hear, minifigs are pretty hard to pose in LDD. Details of particular note are the use of cheese slopes for the water, and the explosion which looks excellent.

I might suggest experimenting with different plates to create minor terrain variations along the beach.

An action packed scene for sure! It certainly must have taken a lot of patience to get those minifigs posed like that in LDD!

I like how you have used a lighter shade of yellow for the Mardierian troops, it allows you to use the yellow heads and hands without them looking like they are in some sort of fetish costume! :pir-blush: As I mentioned in Bregir's recent build, the pith helmets are a bit too modern for my taste, but I agree they look fantastic here, especially with that combo!

Great entry!

Great battle scene. I like the two tone of blue to simulate the transition of inshore water, the explosion, the wave, the little crabs wandering around, and all those custom minifigs.

Well that's one bloody entry!!

What I love most is the switching of minifig parts to portray clothes bading in blood!

Building technically seen, I would have suggested to raise the water around the legs by at least one plate. Now it looks like the Eslandolans are running above the water instead of in the water :sweet:

On 25/03/2017 at 4:16 PM, Captain Genaro said:

I might suggest experimenting with different plates to create minor terrain variations along the beach.

I wanted to have the render of a flat stamped beach, that's why I don't create minor variations, but I agree, it would have been a bit extra.

On 27/03/2017 at 4:59 PM, Maxim I said:

Building technically seen, I would have suggested to raise the water around the legs by at least one plate.

I had the water raised around the feet, like the mardierian soldier on the top  right of the first picture, but some parts are likely to vanish with LDD, especially of you stack together  trans pieces of the same colour range (in this case I had stacked trans clear 1x1 tile and trans clear 1x1 round plate with 1x1 trans clear blue plate, all of these stacked on the 48 x 48 trans blue baseplate).

I had the boat surrounded by some trans clear 1x1x2/3 slopes, but they vanished too...

The biggest problems are the two dead Eslandolan who are clearly lying above the water (thanks to the rucksack , they were the first I surrounded with trans clear and trans clear blue parts)

On 27/03/2017 at 4:59 PM, Maxim I said:

Now it looks like the Eslandolans are running above the water instead of in the water :sweet:

Like Jesus Christ... and you're asking me which side support this built !!!

It obviously clear ! :laugh:

Edited by Professor Thaum

Nice landscaping and action posing, Professor. Sinking some of the minifigs into the water to make them less "Jesus-y" :pir-wink: The boats also looks a little empty. Adding some benches for the rowers, perhaps a mast, a small gun, or some cargo could make it look more realistic.

Overall, nice build. :pir-blush: