Lamborghini Waffle Sauce

[LDD MOC] Parliament of Hungary - Architecture

I present to you the Hungarian Parliament building in Budapest in the style of LEGO Architecture!

33462210072_f3ae364339_c.jpg

I have always been a fan of LEGO Architecture and recently its Skylines series has sparked my inspiration. I began messing around on LDD, trying to create a Skylines MOC of my hometown Budapest. It is very difficult because of the city's architectural landmarks (the Parliament, Buda Castle, the Chain Bridge), and also the small scale. This MOC of the Parliament was originally a part of that, which is why only the "front" has been built.

33462210442_dc8a87e571_c.jpg

(just pretend the 2x3 plates are 2x3 tiles, which are not available in LDD yet)

33462210242_8f5ce17cee_c.jpg

I plan on finishing this build properly - to have it include the "backside" as well.

So far it consists of 341 bricks, which is reasonable for a LEGO Architecture set. There are some complicated SNOT techniques hidden inside the building.

33462210282_42022a29eb_c.jpg

I am not fully satisfied with this MOC. It was really complicated to get this many details into such a small scale, and I'm not an expert builder. I'm still not happy with the dome. I'll be improving on this MOC, just wanted to get some reactions first.

If any of you have suggestions, let me know! I'd be more than happy to take your advice!

14951989388_9ae28185a9_c.jpg

More pictures of the MOC here

10 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Looks nice. You can use 2 of the 1x3 tiles instead of the 2x3s. My only suggestion would be beige over white maybe?

The building is more white than tan. And with LEGO there doesn't seem to be a color that's in between.

The white vs tan is often a problem for stonework like that. I'd also go for 1x3 tiles instead, or maybe three 1x2s.

I don't think you'll ever get the perfect match for detail at this scale but I think you've done an excellent job so far.

Quite an amazing amount of detail captured, for such a small scale. My favorite technique is how you used clips to create the arched gallery :wub:Excellent use of tooth plates as well :thumbup:

3 hours ago, MAB said:

The white vs tan is often a problem for stonework like that. I'd also go for 1x3 tiles instead, or maybe three 1x2s.

I don't think you'll ever get the perfect match for detail at this scale but I think you've done an excellent job so far.

Since they renovated the exterior about four years ago, the building is more white than tan. So white bricks it is.

Recently I have been inspired by Rocco Butliere to work in 1:650 scale, which would make this building about 52 studs wide, 24 studs deep, and about 15 bricks high. I assume even at this larger scale it would be difficult to create the details. Curse you gothic style!!!

36 minutes ago, soccerkid6 said:

Quite an amazing amount of detail captured, for such a small scale. My favorite technique is how you used clips to create the arched gallery :wub:Excellent use of tooth plates as well :thumbup:

Thank you! Clip plates and dinosaur teeth came by complete accident from a tablescrap :tongue:

For me, it looks more tan then white. White is something that is _completely_ white, like snow. But it can be always a field of debate. :)

He just needs to display it (after building it) with yellowish light falling on it to change the colour slightly.

7 hours ago, MAB said:

He just needs to display it (after building it) with yellowish light falling on it to change the colour slightly.

While most LEGO fans want to prevent their pieces from yellowing, I shall attempt to do the opposite! :tongue::tongue::tongue: