Recently, after some redecorating of my display shelf, I realized how much the Dewback from the Star Wars Cantina set fits to the typical sword & sorcery imagery in the style of Frank Frazetta (think Conan the Barbarian). So I grabbed my Barbarian Minifig, the two Clancees from the Raid Zeppelin as Snake-People, built a patch of desert, grabbed the whale bones from the Deep Sea Submarine and set up a couple of scenes. Some Orcs joined in as well. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I certainly enjoyed taking them:

dsc01196-cropped-and-colour-balanced-sep

It didn't took long and our Barbarian got some assistance:

dsc01203-cropped-and-colour-balanced-sep

After the Snake-People were defeated, A group of Orc tried to capture her!

dsc01199-cropped-and-colour-balanced-sep

An idea which turned out as a bad one :wink:

dsc01201-cropped-and-colour-adjusted-sep

It was quite a challenge to pose the Minifigs in a way you can see their faces without making it look too staged and unrealistic. To create the proper pulp-cover feel I also put a slight sepia-effect on the pictures. 

Oh, what a wonderful theme! Wizards and  barbarians,nude beauties and simple plot :) You succeed to reach that feeling! 

22 minutes ago, Marishka said:

Oh, what a wonderful theme! Wizards and  barbarians,nude beauties and simple plot :) You succeed to reach that feeling! 

20 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

I love MOCs with a simple storyline and eye-catching detail. Good work. :thumbup:

Thank you both very much! :classic: The pictures weren't actually planned as a story. Just a variation of action scenes, but I guess that actually qualifies as a pulp-story line :laugh:

16 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

Awesome! Definitely great use of the Dewback and Hobbit orcs.

Thank you very much! I'm glad I came out of my dark ages just in time to grab a couple of those. They look good in a desert context :wink:

8 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Thank you very much! I'm glad I came out of my dark ages just in time to grab a couple of those. They look good in a desert context :wink:

I only have two of those orcs, wish I got some more.

5 hours ago, Murrig Icehammer said:

Very nice scene!

I really like the simplicity of it, which is very effective.

Thank you! :classic: The simplicity is from a good part because I didn't had more tan pieces. :wink: I think its really about making the best of what you got and some minimalism really helps with focussing the eye on the important stuff.

4 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Thank you! :classic: The simplicity is from a good part because I didn't had more tan pieces. :wink: I think its really about making the best of what you got and some minimalism really helps with focussing the eye on the important stuff.

Absolutely. I've seen lots of really amazing looking MOCs which had so many things in it, it becomes distracting to the eye and you can't really see what's going on.

Even a simple wall can become distracting if there are too many greebles (?) and color variations on it, so you can't really recognize the structure itself.  I understand the idea behind it, but instead of having a boring looking flat wall, builders sometimes go to the other end of the spectrum and do way too much (in some cases).

37 minutes ago, Murrig Icehammer said:

Absolutely. I've seen lots of really amazing looking MOCs which had so many things in it, it becomes distracting to the eye and you can't really see what's going on.

Even a simple wall can become distracting if there are too many greebles (?) and color variations on it, so you can't really recognize the structure itself.  I understand the idea behind it, but instead of having a boring looking flat wall, builders sometimes go to the other end of the spectrum and do way too much (in some cases).

Yes, when everything is equally "important", nothing becomes important :wink:

I have Conan music in my head now.

Excellent use of parts to really capture the pulp fantasy feeling, and great posing of the figures. Any plans for more little sword and sorcery scenes like this?