eliza

MOC: Modular Townhouse with Shop

My latest modular is a townhouse with a shop of the first floor. There is no interior for this one yet. I have a few modular buildings in the works and I don't know when I'll get back to this one to fill out the interior. I'm thinking of making it an Optometrist office, but I'd be interested in hearing if you have a better idea! :)

32733230394_0256f49426_c.jpg

Close ups of the shop and balcony:

33448127651_52193649cf_c.jpg

33448128571_379c1eddb3_c.jpg

And here it is next to my candy stop for comparison:

33577238695_9c4ba490c6_c.jpg

Thanks for looking! I'll post again when I have an interior.... one of these days.

That is a very elegant exterior, very very pretty and excellent and ingenious use of a lot of SNOT techniques. Can't wait to see the inside!

Is the color magenta? hard to tell...

I like your building, and the windows are great. I love how you have 48336.jpg on its side... how is it connected?

17 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Very nice. What a daring colour. But it really works.

And it looks like it has just rained a bit.

Yes, I took everything outside because it was cloudy, but bright... good picture weather.... but then it started to rain. Here in Southern California we never think it's going to rain. :classic:

11 hours ago, broomhandle said:

Is the color magenta? hard to tell...

I like your building, and the windows are great. I love how you have 48336.jpg on its side... how is it connected?

I think the color is called Dark Reddish Violet. It was used a lot in the Friends Pop Star sets, but there is still a pretty limited selection of pieces available which makes it challenging to build with. The front facade is a bit of a puzzle. If I have time this weekend, I could maybe take some photos to share how it's assembled.

Nicely done, really like it.

A lot of details integrated in your facade, makes the building interesting. Can't wait to see your pics from the assembling details - and of course from the interior.

Thank you for sharing!

Looks great! Very promising.

And I second the optometrist idea since I am an optometrist.

Clever SNOT build. I've been meaning to do that sometime. It works really well here.

I hadn't thought about a magenta type colored building, although I've been wanting to build more Friends style modulars.

Beautiful building, eliza. It is nice to see how some of the more special colours from Friends might be used. I and do really like the grey trimming on the windows, just like broomhandle does.

On a sidenote, I also do like like your candy shop. It must have been on my mind, because it looks a bit like what I have been thinking of building for a baker's confectionery shop (pâtisserie/Konditorei). :blush:

EDIT: This post brought me into my knighthood :cry_happy:

Edited by laka

Thanks all!

Here are some photos of the facade broken down:

33541582681_88890deaf1.jpg

33541581281_b5a3e18f65.jpg

33541583331_48b805ebb6.jpg

33514433422_b3a4c1d834.jpg

33514432442_9d42380d4e.jpg

33541585281_228d9416ee.jpg

And here's that 3rd floor interior you are seeing. This isn't 100% complete and some pieces (like the extra studs by the TV) are still substitutions since I don't have the right piece yet.:

33514436642_c0d831b150.jpg33514434312_06a01611f6.jpg

thank you for the detailed photos. So, the middle part is just resting on the tiles? nothing is holding it in place?

8 hours ago, broomhandle said:

thank you for the detailed photos. So, the middle part is just resting on the tiles? nothing is holding it in place?

The middle parts are attached to the top of the windows, the bottom of the cornice, and the exterior gray wall. Since it's double thick that makes it pretty secure. 

Loving the details along the rooftop and windows, but especially above the door. Using the worst view of a basic brick as a decorative focal point is brilliant. It almost changed my perspective on anti-studs and it really works well. The interior looks like it's packed with details and those bold colors were a great choice! I really like your style. :classic: