pombe

[O - TECH] Everything is Awesomnium!

Tags: Technology

Currently, aboard the Axle...

30228643745_9ca973821a_t.jpg     What are you working on?

33406774982_a5a3a49cea_c.jpg

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg     I'm composing an email, Eshey.  In light of what we've recently accomplished, I wanted to thank all our hard working coworkers.

30228643745_9ca973821a_t.jpg     Of course.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear all employees in Octan's Andromeda Galaxy Division,

This is your chief operating officer, Pombe.  I know right now, as I compose this email, all of you are going about your routine and handling your various assignments.  I write this because we have reached a momentous occasion and I wanted to share my thoughts with you.

33434786751_1bb796b0a4_c.jpg

33563533795_f4fce8f65e_c.jpg

We set out almost two years ago into the unknown: a new galaxy.  And through our dedication and hard work, the Andromeda galaxy is now known.  From our adopted home planet of Farmolis, we explored system by system and discovered new lifeforms, new technologies, and new exciting ways to generate a profit for Octan.

32720150594_7aeb6bf9a0_c.jpg

32749098133_eedb2ce225_c.jpg

It was long journey, and I am so proud to have done it with such an amazing and talented group.  There were many stories of incredibly long hours, homesickness and depression, experimental disasters, and tragedies of lost friends and companions.  Despite these setbacks, we never stopped driving forward.  I have read stories of brand new spaceships and land vehicles, new friends and alliances, heroic adventures, new romances, and even the return of those we believed lost.  In the end, we created something even greater than we could have possibly imagined at the beginning; we created something awesome.

33523017766_0af541b74b_c.jpg

32749098193_30a2fb14f8_c.jpg

And just as we changed Andromeda, Andromeda has changed us.  Andromeda has shown us new ways to look at things and allowed us to imagine the impossible.  From the harvesting of space whale poop to building ships that can sail the stars, nothing is off limits to us.  If we can see it in our mind's eye, we can and we will accomplish it.

33180474670_3131b01c11_c.jpg

32720150914_215683e892_c.jpg

That is not to say that we were alone or that only Octan accomplished the incredible.  I want to take this moment to acknowledge our competition, the corporations of Kawashita and M.A.N.T.I.S..  Any business person worth hiring knows that corporations need each other.  While we do compete for sales in the same markets and do our best to steal market share from each other, we also buy and license products from each other.  No one corporation owns all the intellectual property necessary to complete many products, and just as there are Octan parts in Kawashita and M.A.N.T.I.S. products, there are Kawashita and M.A.N.T.I.S. parts in Octan products.  I have been in these debriefings, and when your parts are in the other corporations and their parts are in you, you understand why these intercorporate relationships are vital.  And don't forget: depending on the job application and hiring process, any one of us could have been working for a different company.

33406775582_984de3277a_c.jpg

In fact, my own dear sister works for our rival, M.A.N.T.I.S., as does Dr. Long's.

Anyways, I wanted to share with you my pride and reflect on what we've achieved, and I believe it's time to wrap up this email.

32720150714_1b1d398f26_c.jpg

33406775082_5f91a13149_c.jpg

I have asked Hombre to start gathering all the employees for a group photo.  The time and the conference room should show up on your calendar once you receive this email, in case Hombre misses you.

32720149744_48a0ab358c_c.jpg

Afterwards, we will begin a new chapter.  In fact, I have already put all the awesomnium we have gathered to its actual purpose.  I hope that all of you will continue to enable Octan to beat analyst expectations and that we will continue to see our employee bonuses and Octan's stock price soar.

Yours truly,
Pombe

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Later...

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg     Now, after nearly 2 years, we can finally proceed to the next chapter.

30228640035_f8d89f8da1_t.jpg     The next chapter?

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg     Yes, Eshey.  We now have enough awesomnium to open the portal.

30228640035_f8d89f8da1_t.jpg     A portal?  Where are we going?

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg     Andromeda's Gates 2.

30228640035_f8d89f8da1_t.jpg     What?  You mean we're not at the end of the journey?

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg     Silly Eshey.  Andromeda's Gates was never about where the journey leads you.  It was about where you lead the journey.

30228643745_9ca973821a_t.jpg     I see.

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg     Are you ready to continue the journey with me?

30228643745_9ca973821a_t.jpg     Yes, I am, honey.

33311955752_3882b343f0_c.jpg

Comments and criticisms are all welcome!

I wanted to thank Bob and the rest of the Andromeda's Gates staff: Lady K, Narbilu, Big Sal, and EpsilonEta.  I'm sure it was an enormous amount of work and effort, and I wanted you all to know that it meant very much to me.  Andromeda's Gates solidly brought me out of my Nth dark age and spurred my imagination to build things I never thought I could and tell a story that...well...was certainly beyond anything I had ever thought of before this.  It also brought me into contact with so many incredible builders and storytellers from whom I've learned so much.  And though I am cheering on the accomplishments of the players of Octan that brought us to this victory with this final entry, I really want to also thank all the players from all the factions.  Many inspirational builds and narratives came from builders and authors outside of Octan whose talent I can only ever dream of having.  All together, we worked through nearly 90 weeks and 2000 MOCs.  Thank you, everyone.  I mean it.  I hope all the players stick around and continue to build and tell stories in Andromeda's Gates 2.  Finally, for those reading this but did not participate this time around, I want to invite you to join Bob and the rest of us in Andromeda's Gates 2 when it begins.  It will be a rare opportunity to be able to tell a story fresh right as a game begins, and I hope you will take that opportunity to share your MOCs, your stories, and your vision with the rest of us.

Edited by pombe

Thank you Pombe, that was the best ending of AG1!  ....and beginning of the next chapter!    :cry_happy: Both the story and the builds were beautifully done!  

Thank you also for all your stories, even the more stranger ones...really get a person hooked to see what you will build / story tell next.   AG1 has been so much fun and the camaraderie great that I have greatly missed it over the last many months.  I look forward to seeing what happens next      (provided grad school gives me any free time). 

A beautiful way to end the story, Pombe. I'm finally settled in and will be joining you all on the other side!

Well said Pombe.

I've enjoyed building and writing for AG so much, and enjoyed the entries of so many players. So much fun, and so much story left to tell.

A great way to wrap up AG1 pombe!

I disappeared halfway through, but I certainly enjoyed building some Octan scifi.  Thanks to all the AG staff and help for putting this on, it was a massive undertaking and I'm thoroughly impressed with the level of support from you all to the community and especially from Bob with the super slick custom web interfaces.  Way cool--the galaxy map and associated planetary flavor text/backstories in particular was completely awesome and added so much to the AG experience.

4 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

A great way to wrap up AG1 pombe!

I disappeared halfway through, but I certainly enjoyed building some Octan scifi.  Thanks to all the AG staff and help for putting this on, it was a massive undertaking and I'm thoroughly impressed with the level of support from you all to the community and especially from Bob with the super slick custom web interfaces.  Way cool--the galaxy map and associated planetary flavor text/backstories in particular was completely awesome and added so much to the AG experience.

Aaaaaaah !! This is him !!! the one who vanished and never come back and never answer the PM !!! Grab him !!! High court, handcuffs, jail, merging with Pombe and Eshey...

String him up ! shag him ! :devil:

:laugh:

Edited by Professor Thaum