Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[GBW] - Supporting the war effort - New Brickika - A Seaside Patrol

(Apologies in advance for my terrible photography, I have limited space and only a phone camera :sceptic:)

Joining the forces was hardly an excuse for a holiday but with the promise of peace I gazed upon the great ocean in front of me.

The reason for this particular excursion was to set up a patrol between the new coastal lookout posts which had been renovated recently, updated from their imperial days. 

33557695385_acce6851f8_t.jpgNew Brickika Coastal Lookout by Tom Gray, on Flickr

It may have been an excuse to get the boys out driving again after all, it was a spectacular view along that golden wall. 

33401220872_3663e88c77_t.jpgNew Brickika Coastal Lookout by Tom Gray, on Flickr

The squad was good company although the jeep driver seemed a little to common for my liking. 

33517103036_6573d5810d_t.jpgNew Brickika Coastal Lookout by Tom Gray, on Flickr

33517108126_29809408cb_t.jpgNew Brickika Coastal Lookout by Tom Gray, on Flickr

Inside, the captain was listening out for 'enemies' on our top-grade tech. I am positive all that static will drive him insane though he wouldn't be the only crazy one in the army. 

33517100466_49be198e5f_t.jpgNew Brickika Coastal Lookout by Tom Gray, on Flickr

Anybody in that filthy RoN thinking of a sneak attack on New Brickika would surely fail due to installations such as these!

[Bonus; a wee look at the tank based off of the UK 'Warrior' tank]

33557693385_7662593dcd_t.jpgNew Brickika Coastal Lookout by Tom Gray, on Flickr

33401210762_f008ac52e3_t.jpgNew Brickika Coastal Lookout by Tom Gray, on Flickr

(Please Judge)

Edited by Spud The Viking

Nice build Spud, the Warrior and tower look good.  Excellent work protecting the magnificent New Brikikan coast.

4 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

Your minifigs remind me of a South American military force from like every 80's action movie :thumbup:

Add your photos to our flickr group https://www.flickr.com/groups/greatbrickwar/

Heheh, I'm going to buy some tactical gear to upgrade my troops. I've added the photos to Flickr as requested.

2 hours ago, JSN said:

Nice build Spud, the Warrior and tower look good.  Excellent work protecting the magnificent New Brikikan coast.

Not so much as work, but an honour to Protect our shores!

Rule New Brickika!

Not the gear and guns the guys with the shades and berets haha plus the khaki uniforms. It's awesome. I wasn't saying it like it was a bad thing, adds character. 

You've Been Awarded (2) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

The shore line and the wall look pretty good. Nothing wrong with a phone camera as long as you use the right setup. Suggestions for presentation: When posting your pictures from Flickr, post them in a bigger size so we can see them without having to go to Flickr. No bigger than 800 X 600. Ideas for a cheap and easy back drop include a small bed sheet or a piece of poster board. Both are easy folded up and stowed in a small place or behind a desk. I'd suggest the snapseed app for your phone so you can edit brightness and color levels on your photos if using better lighting is not an option. All of these things can make a world of difference.     

Use larger pics when showing your builds.  Max size is 800x600, but I like 300ish x 500ish, try some sizes and see what works best.  If you need space, go outside to take your pics...space AND natural light!  I use a camera phone for half the stuff on flickr, so these are not excuses!  You are being scored, do not make excuses; make builds that shock people!

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!