Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Ch V Cat B] The battle of the Bridge of Arbol

The battle of the Bridge of Arbol :

Felipe de la Manzana was personally involved in the war against Mardier from the begining of the KMA operation, so it was obvious he would lead an coordinated attack from Eslandola/Garvey alliance against one of the Mardieran forts...

The Fort he had to take was Arbol, a small hilly outpost blocking the Garveyan progression to the north. The first assault Garvey lead did not succeed and just managed to break the door at the Bridge head of Arbol.

This was the only opportunity for Felipe to break the Mardieran defenses before they could repair the door... His General of Brigade, Brickwall Murion tryed to launch an assault but the troops were not following him as they saw the Bridge of Arbol very well protected.

This is at this time Felipe de la Manzana saw reinforcements arriving by sea, in particular fresh troops and finally the artillery he asked for days !

Then he took a decision for bravery and glory ! He grabbed the Eslandolan flag, unsheathe his rapier and ran to the bridge... Sawing their leader on the bridge, all the troops finally followed him.

33163476700_f173fb98f2_c.jpg

The Mardieran defenses were strong and it is under a bullet rain the brave Eslandolan men passed the bridge, with Felipe, still carrying the flag, in front line !

33418239181_2bbb715f07_z.jpg

33390138062_a3121f5ac9_z.jpg

33390135032_f623d0b45b_z.jpg

32732573273_fd2900991e_c.jpg

The losses were high arriving at the bridge head and this is here a well adjusted shot missed Felipe just because of the sacrifice of his valourous General of Brigade Brickwall Murion who jumped in front of the bullet and saved Felipe from death. Unfortunately for the Brave General, the shot cost him his life !

33418182951_fbae8f3344_c.jpg

32732546763_4ddfed3f64_z.jpg

Murion sacrifice was not vain, because Felipe managed to pass through the Bridge of Arbol and derouted the Mardieran Defenses with the help of the cannons that were disembarqued while he was launching the assault. The Mardieran troops had to retreat and Garvey forces passed to the north of Isla de Victoria.

32703315804_fb3d2eb67a_z.jpg

32703331834_e164da98d1_z.jpg

Thank you for watching my Challenge 5 entry. Of course, it is an entry For Eslandola !

The build is strongly inspired of the battle of the Bridge of Arcole (I change a bit the name for my story of course). This battle involved Napoleon himself launching the French assault against the Austrian troops by grabbing a flag to the bridge. His "Général de brigade" Jean-Baptiste Murion (I kept a part of the name...) Saved Napoleon's life by sacrificing himself.

I tryed to stay faithfull to the illustration with my minifigs posing.

Hope you'll like it !

Any comment or criticism is welcome !

Edited by Faladrin

Nice battle scene. Some interesting techniques here, and I like the historic background.

A valiant effort, and well repaid with victory!  Go Eslandola!

Very nice build, Faladrin, the fort is really neat, and I particularly like the bridge and the use of those prefab corner pieces around the door! :thumbup:  Very nice cannon designs as well, and the historical basis is an excellent addition as well!  Keep it up! :wink:

An amazing battlescene you created here Faladrin!! Excellent job :)

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice battle scene. Some interesting techniques here, and I like the historic background.

Thank you ! Yes it appeared to me that we appeared to not often use historical content in BoBS. Let's try !

2 hours ago, Garmadon said:

A valiant effort, and well repaid with victory!  Go Eslandola!

Very nice build, Faladrin, the fort is really neat, and I particularly like the bridge and the use of those prefab corner pieces around the door! :thumbup:  Very nice cannon designs as well, and the historical basis is an excellent addition as well!  Keep it up! :wink:

Thank you ! The tactic is barely inherited from General Napoleon Bonaparte but well... It worked for him, so why not for Felipe. :blush:

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

An amazing battlescene you created here Faladrin!! Excellent job :)

Thank you mate !

It will be the base of a bigger build I am working on for FanaBrique Exposition in Strasbourg, France this summer.

But shhht... It's a secret...:laugh:

Edited by Faladrin

Errr... I just noticed... is it a VIP pass for 2014 Brazil World Cup on the chest of dying Muron ?

PAAAF !! Spotted !!!  :laugh: :grin:

Edited by Professor Thaum

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Errr... I just noticed... is it a VIP pass for 2014 Brazil World Cup on the chest of dying Muron ?

PAAAF !! Spotted !!!  :laugh: :grin:

Thank you !

Ahah ! no !:laugh:

Impossible because this torso is waaaaay older than that ! It is a 1998 or 99 torso of a Pippin Red Adventurers minifig... It is just a medal or amulet of some sort, but I agree with you that could be mistaken for a Brasil flag.

On 22 mars 2017 at 6:13 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Argh... I'm going red with embarassement.

I correct

:laugh: ahah ! No problem !

On 16 avril 2017 at 5:53 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Another Brickwall gone... excellent pictures, excellent build. The action comes across quite well :thumbup:

Yes, Another Brick(wall) in the wall... :grin: 

Thank you for your kind comment.

On 16 avril 2017 at 6:40 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice idea assaulting a wooden fort!

Thank you ! I thought the Mardier Fort was not here from a long time, like the ones of the Player Factions. So a wooden fort is more realistic.

And I needed a wooden structure to represent the bridge like in the illustration, the bridge of Arcole is made of wood.

Great idea and excellent execution, Faladrin. I really like the overall composition with the water and beach, rocks, stream and fortress, and your landscaping, and fortress, all really well built! I like the different firing weapons (particularly the mortar) and the posing of the figs, which all makes it look very dramatic. Nice story too - well done!

12 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great idea and excellent execution, Faladrin. I really like the overall composition with the water and beach, rocks, stream and fortress, and your landscaping, and fortress, all really well built! I like the different firing weapons (particularly the mortar) and the posing of the figs, which all makes it look very dramatic. Nice story too - well done!

Thank you very much !

Glad you like the firing mortar ! It really "fired" when I took the pictures ! :laugh: In fact, I probably have not pushed enough the trans orange fire bar inside the mortar mouth and it popped out of the weapon suddenly when I was taking the pictures ! A quite funny moment ! :iamded_lol: