Umbra-Manis

[M-G03] The End of the Journey

Tags: 

A voice spoke over the intercom, "Holo Transmission for you sir. Broadcast content unknown." and promptly the voice faded out. Spacersteve turned to the central projector, awaiting yet another news agency requesting comment on Octan's Impending victory perhaps, or another report of equipment failing that he didn't have the people to fix.

800x450.jpg

The transmission flickered into view in the shape of Captain Pangolinus, previously listed as MIA following his disappearance in Octan territory, but recently returned at the head of a battle fleet, which reports claim is engaged in heavy fighting. "Sir, if you are receiving this message, then I have given the order to abandon the Osiris, and for all MANTIS craft in the system to retreat. I will stay with my ship til the end, as my service life is nearing its end. I was given a drug which resulted in rapid deterioration of brain cells while in captivity, and the antidote I obtained from an octan facility bought me only two weeks more of brain function. It has been twelve days since that antidote and I feel myself fading back into an abyss. If you should have need of my starship designs in the future, they are in the care of the Morph Program. I will not explain where or how, but if you need them, you will find them. Agents Urtem and Aryna perished in the attempt to rescue me, honor them well. I regret that my return has been so brief, but my brain will not last. If the internal affairs department figured out where I came from, you may send my remains to rest there, if not I shall rest on Torresta. I wish a fond farewell to my fellow members of M.A.N.T.I.S. and especially my fellow pilots. This is Captain Pangolinus, Signing Off"

Well done Umbra. Thanks for your leadership at the end of the game while I was MIA. I look forward to working with you again in AG2.

On 3/20/2017 at 0:09 PM, Kodan Black said:

I like the boardroom feel to it. Sad to see AG1 go, but excited for AG2. Hope to see you there!

Thanks Kodan! You going to Join MANTIS this time? :tongue:

On 3/20/2017 at 2:53 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Yep, bye bye AG1, See you in AG 2 Umbra-Manis.

this boardroom is great

Thanks Professor! See you on the flip side!

On 3/29/2017 at 11:34 PM, SpacerSteve said:

Well done Umbra. Thanks for your leadership at the end of the game while I was MIA. I look forward to working with you again in AG2.

Thanks SpacerSteve! I'll see you there.