17 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Looks even better now. :thumbup: Is the performance better?

I will be visiting BrickCon, but not showing anything. Cannot wait to see this in person!

Performance is much better, and everything's a bit sturdier too :classic:

13 hours ago, Aleh said:

Wow! Interesting to look for this WIP of this jeep...

Jeep? Where? ;)

9 hours ago, VKTechnic said:

Performance is much better, and everything's a bit sturdier too :classic:

Jeep? Where? ;)

Difficulties with translate, sorry. I know you are building Nissan, but what type of car this is? This is not a sport car, not a sedan, not a pick up, so how to called it wright in English? SUV? 

21 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Difficulties with translate, sorry. I know you are building Nissan, but what type of car this is? This is not a sport car, not a sedan, not a pick up, so how to called it wright in English? SUV? 

Yeah, SUV would probably be most accurate.

Oh man! You should be building MY Xterra!

20161203_122253.jpg

I already have:

16970693962_12a0ca82a1_c.jpg

I also happen to know that exact Xterra you're modeling from! Haven't met him in person but we frequent the same online social circles. He's been informed.

And for Aleh: The Xterra is an SUV derived from the Nissan Navara pickup truck (called the Frontier here). Almost exactly the same except for a shorter wheelbase and obviously the body styling.

Edited by ThePlasticWerks

1 hour ago, ThePlasticWerks said:

Oh man! You should be building MY Xterra!

I also happen to know that exact Xterra you're modeling from! Haven't met him in person but we frequent the same online social circles. He's been informed.

Nice rig :wink: The guy who owns the original car is a good friend of mine, so no need to inform him. :classic: 

Update for everyone else: I'm back from BrickCon, and I had a blast. Austin Harper, who builds some amazing motorized small scale cars (and set mods), decided to join me in the Technic section. There was only one thing to do....

37362598810_3aef479c87_c.jpg
BrickCon 2017 by VKTechnic, on Flickr

In a few days I'll be posting a full recap of BrickCon, then this weekend I'll be taking photos of the XTerra and wrapping up the build. As for my next model, you can see it on the right side of the above picture... :wink: 

5 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

The model to the right kind of looks like a Mercedes:grin:

... Amg Dtm

BrickCon recap time!

36988867293_2be784bebd_c.jpg
BrickCon Recap! by VKTechnic, on Flickr

XTerra news first. The model was very well received by the public, lots of people recognized it and even more took pictures of it. It ended up winning "Most Complicated Technic", making that the fourth time I've won that award. Apparently someone wanted to make an offer for it too, but I wasn't around the model at that moment. Exciting. :classic: 

Aside from the model, the convention itself was a blast. Got to hang out with Austin Harper and Alexander Holroyd, both awesome builders. We brainstormed a few collaborative builds that might be built at some point in the future...maybe after I finish the other 20 models I want to build. I also managed to pick up a few older LEGO Technic sets, namely 8466 Extreme Offroader, 8674 1/8 Ferrari F1, and 8009 R2-D2. 8466 and 8674 are most likely going to be disassembled for parts, but I've got plans to motorize R2. Gotta finish that other model first though.... :wink: