Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

[MOC] The Windmill

Hello. Presented to you my latest big MOC: The Windmill.

33154283630_265c29913f_z.jpg

Having gathered a collection of books that cover LEGO sets of the past and visited the museum in Billund at the EB event, I came to rather like the simple red and white of the vintage town builds. 

This Windmill is inspired by the look, with more modern techniques and parts used to create an updated building. This is tagged as WIP as I hope to create a surrounding terrain with a few more smaller outbuildings and a vehicle or two, also inspired by the vintage era. Though, I am also looking to build it as something that could have been inhabited back in the 50s. 

I also hope to motorise the sails, the tower has space and modularity to allow this at a later date. 

Thanks for taking a look. Comments and critique are appreciated. :classic:

Wow! Older houses only came in red and white...at least it seemed. I got so tired of building them with my 3-5 year son in the early 90's that I just stopped building. Period. When they came out with more color choices, especially for the dad gum roof, I went crazy and started building "not red and white" houses. 

Your windmill looks sufficiently vintage; can't wait to see the rest of the build. After so many years of "not red and white" houses, it is different to see one. Can't wait to see the rest of your village. 

Thanks everyone! This was lovely to build, just so nice to have windmills, old LEGO and cottages as references.

I already have one small building to add to the "small holding" I want to build, and I have a truck based on an old Bedford lorry. (Coming soon to EB).