Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

Book II, Challenge V, Cat B: Armored Battle Wagon

For the Spire:

In caverns and tunnels somewhere under Spire occupied Nocturnus, General Regise and his men/wolf-men put the finishing touches on the new war machine order by Lord Ravaage himself. drawn by two strong nocturnian horses, with forward facing spikes, thick wooden armor on all sides, and a rear mounted ballista, the Spire Armored Battle Wagon is sure to pierce through any resistance soldiers with ease!

32720445683_fe28f7999f_c.jpg

General Regise oversees the final stages of the new battle ready war machine.

33535917765_a1f6eb9c84_c.jpg

And just the Battle Wagon, completed, except for the final black paint job the goblin is working on in the main photo :wink:

I really wasn't planning on entering Cat B, and focusing on Cat C instead, but I couldn't help but notice the Spire being somewhat under-represented. So this was a fairly quick build (an hour or two today between studying for exams :grin:), and I'm not completely happy with it, it just seems kinda busy and hard to see what's going on :sceptic: But the category ends today, and I'm rather busy at the moment, so here's my third entry to Challenge V! - Thanks for looking!

Edited by Legofin2012

Nice entry, Legofin, especially for something last minute like you said! I like the rough yet sturdy nature of the wagon, befitting wolves like you have here. The ballista design is great. The rockwork is nice, too. 

This is a really simple but well executed concept. The wagon looks sturdy enough for defense or offense on the battlefields of Nocturnus. The floor texture is really good too.

Nice build.  I like the look of the wagon and the ballista on the back is nicely done.   It looks like it will do a lot of damage in battle.   I like the landscaping and rockwork too.

Im loving this rough nocturny look you've got going here. The wagon is brilliant and my favourite detail would have to be the painter :thumbup:

Really cool wagon man! It sure looks fearsome!

I also rezlly like the background, it has a very Nocturnian feeling to it. Nice entry!

Great work coming up with a new siege weapon design, a mobile mounted ballista would be quite a dangerous thing to have! Excellent rockwork, and the little crane with scaffold is a nice construction detail.

Also the guy painting is really well done :thumbup:

That looks like quite a neat (and fun! :grin:) war machine, Legofin, the wooden slanting sides give it a very sleek feel, and that crossbow is perched perfectly there as well! :thumbup:  I do agree that the overview picture is a little busy - probably the fact that the machine blends in so well with the surrounding landscape is to blame for that - but the rockwork itself is excellent, as is the work in progress (NPU on that painter, as SK said! :wink:)

Cool work angling the sides of this machine - and the little goblin busy painting it is a neat detail! :grin:   I also really like the texture you've got on the terrain! :thumbup: 

cool build here! the wagon is simple yet very effective, lovely stonework too. as for your own comment about looking busy, I reckon it's because the wagon can't quite stand out from the background, given the dark colours. impressive how you built it up so quickly! :thumbup:

A very nice, ragged looking war wagon. The use of different shades of brown tile really give it an authentic feel.

On 19 March 2017 at 1:54 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nice entry, Legofin, especially for something last minute like you said! I like the rough yet sturdy nature of the wagon, befitting wolves like you have here. The ballista design is great. The rockwork is nice, too. 

Thank you, glad it doesn't look too rushed :sweet:

On 19 March 2017 at 2:24 PM, Muakhah said:

This is a really simple but well executed concept. The wagon looks sturdy enough for defense or offense on the battlefields of Nocturnus. The floor texture is really good too.

Thanks, I'm sure it will serve its purpose in the upcoming war against the Alliance :wink:

On 19 March 2017 at 7:24 PM, zoth33 said:

Nice build.  I like the look of the wagon and the ballista on the back is nicely done.   It looks like it will do a lot of damage in battle.   I like the landscaping and rockwork too.

Thank you, and that's the idea, and after seeing what the Spire is up against I'd say they need it!

On 19 March 2017 at 8:09 PM, The Maestro said:

Im loving this rough nocturny look you've got going here. The wagon is brilliant and my favourite detail would have to be the painter :thumbup:

Thanks, yeah, the little guy's working hard to get the Spire black paint job done :grin:

On 20 March 2017 at 1:24 AM, TitusV said:

Really cool wagon man! It sure looks fearsome!

I also rezlly like the background, it has a very Nocturnian feeling to it. Nice entry!

Thank you, the background was mostly inspired by the Orc pits from LotR :classic:

On 20 March 2017 at 5:31 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Great work coming up with a new siege weapon design, a mobile mounted ballista would be quite a dangerous thing to have! Excellent rockwork, and the little crane with scaffold is a nice construction detail.

Also the guy painting is really well done :thumbup:

Thanks, to be honest the vehicle was originally going to be a wooden medieval German WWI tank, but ended up like this :grin:

On 20 March 2017 at 7:04 AM, Garmadon said:

That looks like quite a neat (and fun! :grin:) war machine, Legofin, the wooden slanting sides give it a very sleek feel, and that crossbow is perched perfectly there as well! :thumbup:  I do agree that the overview picture is a little busy - probably the fact that the machine blends in so well with the surrounding landscape is to blame for that - but the rockwork itself is excellent, as is the work in progress (NPU on that painter, as SK said! :wink:)

Thank you, well I would say it's fun to wiz around, but I only actually found 3 wheels in time, so it's a bit wonky in reality :grin: And I guess, too many of the same colours :sceptic:

On 20 March 2017 at 2:00 PM, Kai NRG said:

Cool work angling the sides of this machine - and the little goblin busy painting it is a neat detail! :grin:   I also really like the texture you've got on the terrain! :thumbup: 

Thanks, took a while to find something to use as a black paintbrush, but glad everyone likes him :grin:

On 21 March 2017 at 9:04 AM, en_zoo said:

cool build here! the wagon is simple yet very effective, lovely stonework too. as for your own comment about looking busy, I reckon it's because the wagon can't quite stand out from the background, given the dark colours. impressive how you built it up so quickly! :thumbup:

Thank you, I didn't get time to do anything over complicated, but I think it'probably best, especially if the simplicity is appreciated :sweet:

On 22 March 2017 at 9:12 AM, Blufiji said:

A very nice, ragged looking war wagon. The use of different shades of brown tile really give it an authentic feel.

Thanks, the orcs and other minions do their best with what they have :wink:

You did a fantastic job on the siege engine, texturing, and rock formation, so I don't really know where to start. The minifig posing is also great, and I like that crane lowering the ballista onto the siege engine.

Superb entry, Legofin. The battle wagon looks great with its angled sides and mounted ballista, and the guy painting it was a clever touch :thumbup: