Sign in to follow this  
Maxim I

[ESL - FB - Class 5LA] The Purple Reign - A fast answer

Last month, Mardier vessels blockaded the ports of Elysabethtown, Trador and Fuerto Unido.

Lord Maximilian Damaximus and with him, Eslandola, had to answer fast. He bought the rights of the Siren's Song, captured by Quinnsville, repainted her and quickly she quild sail to Isla de la Victoria. With her, 20 soldiers ready to fight for Eslandola. Some Corrington people may say Eslandolan Trade Companies only have ill-trained mercenaries, but this was not the case for MAESTRO. These were not just mercanaries, they are well-disciplined, excellent trained soldiers.

Puny Corringtonlanders funding the Mardierian forces...

33393454152_23126190d5_c.jpg

32710774703_bf631c4313_c.jpg

32681542364_94e1229e45_c.jpg

33484361116_d4f360d94c_c.jpg

32710774733_5c7b636fcf_c.jpg

Captain of the vessel is Captain Matt Lenoir. After succesfully commanding the Purple Rain for more than a year, he has now command over the Purple Reign.

33525667955_303e1eb2b1_c.jpg

The 20 soldiers will be lead by Corporal Brickwall Princeton, who was eager to take revenge after the death of his good friend Brickwall Jackson...

33484361036_590e842ea2_c.jpg

Some soldiers:

32681541394_1008e6c05c_c.jpg

Thanks for watching! She will be licenced as a class 5LA.

Those who think there are a lot of similarities between this vessel and the Purple Rain: yes there are, but if you take a closer look, you will see I almost started from scratch again :p

Edited by Maxim I

She's beauty. I like her slender look, it should be able to sail fast. Sometime it's hard to build a ship that combines elegant lines and firepower, yet you managed to achieve it. .:thumbup:

Splendid ship, Maxim - sleek shape, elegant yet fierce looking lines - and the homage to her trading cousin makes it all even better in my eyes. And I'm just loving the name :laugh:

Happy hunting!

As Bodi said, the balance between slender, elegant lines, and a powerful, menacing look is very well struck.

I like the long, overhanging stern, and those round 1x1 makes for a great texture, although untraditional. The only thing I would change about her hull would be to give her a long beakhead, as that was very typical of xebeks. I also think she would benefit from some more work on the rigging. With such a well-done hull, I think she deserves a more elaborate rigging. :pir-blush:

Nonetheless, a very well built warship, Maxim. Good work.

Fantastic ship you have there. I really like the purple sections, which really stands out, and the sails.

It's always great to see a neat contingent of Eslandolan troops! :pir-wink:  Very nice ship, Maxim, as the others have said, great way to capture the speedy and powerful looks at the same time!  Neat colors as well, and for some reason I'm really liking that wing :grin:  Great job, and I hope your mission meets with success! 

Great vessel, sleek and well armed at the same Time !

I really like the family link it has with your previous merchant Purple Rain !

good job !

"Purple Reign".... I thought I was the only one with those bad jokes :laugh:

And it is purple indeed (not my favourite TLG colour).  That is something different!

On 20/03/2017 at 1:32 PM, Garmadon said:

It's always great to see a neat contingent of Eslandolan troops! :pir-wink:  

There's rather a neat contingent... err .. a throng of 1x1 round plates *huh*... nearly 400 black if I'm correct, almost 100 purple and countless trans dark/medium/clear blue...

You fixate on the 1x1 round plates ? :pir-grin:

The Ship is beautiful.

Edited by Professor Thaum

Sorry I haven't commented earlier on this. Beautiful ship I love how sleek she is, including the quarterdeck, but strongly armed at the same time. A splendid example of a class 5LA ship. :thumbup: