VintageLegoEra

Vintage LEGO 6054 Forestmen's Hideout Set ! Unboxing & Review !

Hello Again ,

I suppose to make this review on Xmas 2016 , but went through series of busy times and just today i built the set and prepared for the review :wink:

We will have this small nice set:  Forestmen's Hideout . Also Called: The Robin Hood Tree :classic:

*Theme: Castle.

*Sub-Theme: Forestmen.

*This Set was Released in 1988. It has:

- 201 Pieces,

- 2 Minifigures.

- 2 Unique Shields

- Good amount of weapons ( Spears, Wipes, Sword and Arrows )

*The Set is indeed a solid one but nothing that special about it Except that it opens and closes via hinge and has some nice rooms for hiding ( we will see later in the photos )

Lets Start! :thumbup:

The Box:

33378625841_c314cb373a_z.jpg

32692705313_314febc93f_z.jpg

33123505430_504a7aa4b5_z.jpg

32663597594_c5782a7da9_z.jpg

* The box it self is so valuable to me ( Love the Vintage design, look and details )

Unboxing:

Inside the Box

32692689063_0bc78d0b14_z.jpg

32663646644_f231b6ce9e_z.jpg

32663658064_6b7228574c_z.jpg

33350742342_aabe9beb87_z.jpg

32692773183_9a3af5561a_z.jpg

*It Comes with: 6 sealed Bags, 1 big Tree, 2 Green Plates, 1 Catalouge and an Instruction Booklet.

The Build:

33466130606_e5fdbe94c8_z.jpg

33507236285_913d33cb5b_z.jpg

* Love how this part was attached to tree back then!!! 

*Minifigures:

33350721632_7a03ac7c6f_z.jpg

33466147356_d4bdd04ce0_z.jpg

* I have added an Extra Minifigure ( The one with Sword )

*The Set:

33507247475_8823075e6a_z.jpg

32692743543_3d269a38ec_z.jpg

32692738883_20154d29af_z.jpg

33378675341_9012569f59_z.jpg

33378651981_8fc341a576_z.jpg

Done!

33507229825_e4e5329b5a_z.jpg

33378640501_e65834c622_z.jpg

33378637741_38b4d4063e_z.jpg

* Here when the set is Opened.

33378633541_43de749f4f_z.jpg

33350700942_e67db8b956_z.jpg

* Nice hiding Rooms!

Final Look

33466086096_49a2cda6a4_z.jpg

Extra Parts:

33350712712_32d506c55c_z.jpg

*Overall: The Sets Rate is:  9/10  ( Would be great if a horse was included ) but always we can include one! :sweet:

Thanks for looking and i hope you enjoyed this Review!

Regards and see you in another Review Soon! :wink:

Cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Another great classic set review VintageLegoEra! The unboxing sections of your reviews always show off something interesting about how these older sets were packaged - I had no idea that 1x1 round plates used to come on a sprue.

I was considering picking up a Forestman set soon, and I think this might be the winner thanks to your review!

On 3/18/2017 at 9:54 PM, astroknight said:

Another great classic set review VintageLegoEra! The unboxing sections of your reviews always show off something interesting about how these older sets were packaged - I had no idea that 1x1 round plates used to come on a sprue.

I was considering picking up a Forestman set soon, and I think this might be the winner thanks to your review!

You are very welcome friend :).

Indeed, old sets have very unique packing style and the parts too. These 1x1 rounf plates were presented in a sprue till the beginning of 1990 or 1992.

Great choice! You will be soo happy with it!

Cheers

4 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Legoland-Era, I love it :) A wonderful set with loads of playability. Thanks for your review!

You mean: VintageLegoEra ; )

Always welcome and keep your eyes open for another unboxing soon!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Oh man, this is so nostalgig that it creates a really warm and cozy feeling inside of me ... *sighs*

On another note, would it be impolite to aks how much you payed for this piece of childhood heaven?

13 minutes ago, kabel said:

Oh man, this is so nostalgig that it creates a really warm and cozy feeling inside of me ... *sighs*

On another note, would it be impolite to aks how much you payed for this piece of childhood heaven?

not at all man! :)

i paid for it 75 usd shipped!...i believe had it for great deal ...was 1 year back!

On 3/20/2017 at 8:06 AM, VintageLegoEra said:

These 1x1 rounf plates were presented in a sprue till the beginning of 1990 or 1992.

I used to keep the tiny sprue from transparent 1x1 rounds and use them as gemstones.

7 hours ago, fhomess said:

I used to keep the tiny sprue from transparent 1x1 rounds and use them as gemstones.

i do the same :)

1 hour ago, bnesty said:

One of my favourite set I have. Beside it, I enjoy this reiew, tnx

cheers!

Very good to see another retro review. And a very well done one:classic: Such a charming and well designed set. Sadly I didn't had too many forestman sets back in the day, but my fondness of them grew lots in retrospect. They were certainly exploring new aspects of the castle theme, which haven't been touched before and this set is an excellent example of this with its tree-houee style build and the new pieces in the set. 

And I just realized that I totally forgot how the boxes looked like inside and that the little round plates came connected together with a sprue. Quite the retroflash again!:classic:

16 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Very good to see another retro review. And a very well done one:classic: Such a charming and well designed set. Sadly I didn't had too many forestman sets back in the day, but my fondness of them grew lots in retrospect. They were certainly exploring new aspects of the castle theme, which haven't been touched before and this set is an excellent example of this with its tree-houee style build and the new pieces in the set. 

And I just realized that I totally forgot how the boxes looked like inside and that the little round plates came connected together with a sprue. Quite the retroflash again!:classic:

Indeed. My Self, i was seeing this theme as ugly theme few way long back, but then in just few years back, i just realized how this theme is beautiful and started to collect all the sets :)...

Even there are so fun and awesome when they are in you hand ....

thanks for sharing! :)

While I'm not sure what the best time or place for it would be, it'd be nice to see a new take on forestmen, with how much better LEGO has gotten at building trees! Even classic sets like this were pretty good for their time, and that was before brown bricks were plentiful. Dark Forest later incorporated a bit more brown, but those sets' mid-90s design standards somewhat limit their lasting appeal (and I say that as someone who grew up in the 90s loving themes like Aquazone, Fright Knights, and Western).

The all-black tree structure here feel extremely dated by today's standards, but the limited colors do keep things coherent. Also, this set was sort of ahead of its time in using regular plates instead of baseplates, and the alternate build on the lower right (in which one of the bases is repurposed as a roof) truly exemplifies the creative advantages of this approach!

Thanks for this review!

Thank you for this. Although things like this make me sad. My nostalgia is too strong, so I long for the days of my youth. Those catalogs were heaven to look at.

I had most of the Forestmen sets and pretty much all of the other castle sets from that era. Sadly, no boxes though. That is one issue I have with the new sets/boxes. Especially the big sets with the flip up lid! But if the new boxes would include alternate builds, I would consider holding on to them. Good thing they don't, so I can safely recycle them. But the boxes from my youth I couldn't imagine recycling now as an adult.

Thanks to my nostalgia, I've been on a kick of recreating classic sets from my youth and building them bigger/better with new techniques/colors. I did Forestmen River Fortress. I have considered building this one as well. Sometime I'll have to actually get pictures to post them on EB.

12 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Thank you for this. Although things like this make me sad. My nostalgia is too strong, so I long for the days of my youth. Those catalogs were heaven to look at.

I had most of the Forestmen sets and pretty much all of the other castle sets from that era. Sadly, no boxes though. That is one issue I have with the new sets/boxes. Especially the big sets with the flip up lid! But if the new boxes would include alternate builds, I would consider holding on to them. Good thing they don't, so I can safely recycle them. But the boxes from my youth I couldn't imagine recycling now as an adult.

Thanks to my nostalgia, I've been on a kick of recreating classic sets from my youth and building them bigger/better with new techniques/colors. I did Forestmen River Fortress. I have considered building this one as well. Sometime I'll have to actually get pictures to post them on EB.

You are Welcome! :)

I agree....ny self when i build these Vintage sets, i feel so sad missing that time as all the memories comes up into my minds and i just close my eyes to enjoy the memories....The reasone i love building these Sealed sets is jut to go back into past but of-course with new Era :)..

i agree about the boxes, those vintage sets hold a special value to me as without them, i feel little annoyed ( i have some small castle sets without the boxes ) but life goes on :)

i am going to build all my Castle/pirate sets so please stay tuned :)

cherrs