I began to work on my 1st Technic moc yesterday to see what I could come up with.  Here's my progress.  I'm quite pleased with where I'm at and what I could accomplish, even if it is basic by many Technic builder standards.  It drives nice on carpet, though I'd love to have those rubber dots to make it work on hard surfaces.

33471041996_18c2ae32d8_b.jpg20170318_121559 by topazard, on Flickr

33512257025_643e9c12af_b.jpg20170318_121636 by topazard, on Flickr

33512258695_096e2c7eb6_b.jpg20170318_121659 by topazard, on Flickr

Trying to figure out how to add a function will have to wait until next weekend (hopefully).  By then I might have the parts to finish off the marbled top.  For anyone wondering this is supposed to be a Grangemouth 3001.

Well that's something I haven't seen before, technic being used to make bricks, very cool. I like the marble look to it as well, its something different. 

As for the bot aspect of things, using tracks is probably the better way to go, You still have a lot of room inside for a main weapon function too. You could move the L motors closer to the side direct to the drive sprocket that way you don't have the L motor in the way. Just my advice. 

Overall nice body for your bot, I look forward to progress! 

Edited by aminnich
Had to fix all the autocorrect problems from my phone

9 hours ago, aminnich said:

Well that's something I haven't seen before, technic being used to make bricks, very cool. I like the marble look to it as well, it something different. 

As for the bot aspect of things, using tracks is probably the better way to go, I still have a lot of room inside for a main weapon function too. You could move the L motors closer to the side direct to the drive sprocket that way you don't have the L motor in the way. Just my advice. 

Overall nice body for your not, I look forward to progress! 

So far I cannot see a way to get the motor closer to the hub itself.  Plus there's the added function of them holding the receivers in place.  I could move the motors a couple places back (towards the battery box), since the hub connects to the main drive gear/cog.  That would free up space on one side should I come up with a battle feature that doesn't come out the top.  It would be neat if it could all be hidden within the brick.

I'm using these hubs:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11950#T=C

If I tear a bit of this section apart then I might switch to these, unless someone offered a better solution:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=23801#T=C&C=11

Edited by teos