Sebeus I

[OL-FB-5F] The Raging Fire

The Raging Fire is finished, now under full sail :sweet:.

34268528825_afeaa4fb7a_c.jpg

The Raging fire!

Built for speed, she started her life as a merchant ship but it was later fitted with more cannon ports, giving the ship a capacity of 22 guns.

The Dancing Ember is a ship of the same series, there's one more coming in this line.

34137807101_7f78eb1c45_c.jpg

33458749053_6af86c1858_c.jpg

33426909694_cddce2b57a_c.jpg

33426907304_e60493d253_c.jpg

Below are pictures prio to rigging and sails.

33127779630_dd52467ee5_c.jpg

33127783010_338e369855_c.jpg

33127768810_cd30ccfb23_c.jpg

33127777230_cbf1463069_c.jpg

33127789980_43b014c5cc_c.jpg

33127763080_4825b3389f_c.jpg

33354814562_0945569bf5_c.jpg

33354795022_b7e8f8a1c3_c.jpg

32667770704_f644fe2a04_c.jpg

33127751230_ba5a459334_c.jpg

33127757440_30059918c3_c.jpg

Just like the Dancing Ember I started this ship at Maxim's, using his collection. But eventually I was seduced into buying the WIP from him so I could continue to build at my home. I didn't bother to do sails yet, I will add those later. I'm a bit short on parts to really finish the ship and since it might take a while before I do I decided to put it online already. I can't wait because this ship is needed for a special operation (in BOBS).

Overall I'm quite happy with the ship, it shows a lot of similarities with the Beatrix. Although it does not share some of the functional features (working capstan, light in cabin, ) It does have some improvements on the esthetical part. 

I think I can say that this must be one of my finest so far.

Built on white prefab hull pieces with partially brick-built stern to get a better shape on the aft.
She carries 22 cannon, classified as a light frigate or corvette.
Color scheme consists out of a tan gun line with dark and olive green for the upper walls and pearl gold for ornaments and decoration.
The stern is enhanced with stickers from some Chima legend beast set.
There's an interior but due to the rigging it's not very practical to access so forgive me for not having pictures of that.
Apart from the sails and rigging this is 100% LEGO.
Any more questions? feel free to ask ;)

Edited by Sebeus I
Pictures added (rigging and sails)

Gah, so many ships are being posted today, all of them great. I really like your ship as well. All around it's really nice. Are those custom stickers in the back, or did they come from somewhere? And, as always, Did you build an interior?

7 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Gah, so many ships are being posted today, all of them great. I really like your ship as well. All around it's really nice. Are those custom stickers in the back, or did they come from somewhere? And, as always, Did you build an interior?

The stickers are from a Chima set 70123, I found more sticker sheets in Maxim's collection but that one is particularly suitable for stern decorations :sweet:.

She does have an interior, Il'l add some pictures of that later.

Sweet! Are the sides tilted? It looks like it, but I can't figure out how you did it. Smooth transition on the sides on the lengthwise curve. I take a bow for your snot techniques. 

Don't get me wrong, but: I like, in particular, the underside of the stern. On your ship.

Ah, another ship with an excellent stern design!  A very nice ship, Sebeus, with an unusual but neat color-scheme!  The curve of the side and the decks and activity are very well done, but probably my favorite thing up there is the way you left a space under the wheel for it to turn - I really have to remember that, as most of mine have had some issues with hitting the decks :grin:  Looking forward to seeing her with sails! 

Beautiful ship Sebeus I, I love that curve, you gave her a refreshing look with the green-tan-white colour scheme.:thumbup:

Your mocs have always been a great source of inspiration for me, and this one is no exception.

Great ship, one again, Sebeus! I especially like the way you have implemented the lower stern here - I might have to steal most of that part if I do another prefab... Some other favourite details are (for me) the unicorn horns which you used in a few places and that fantastic skylight - looking great! I do, however, have a couple points of criticism. The quarterdeck is pretty much the same width everywhere - I know you managed to solve that on some of your other ships, here it just seems a bit too wide. As well as that, that upper spar for the gaff sail just doesn't fit the ship - maybe try something similar as you did on the bottom or just tie a string to it like you did on the bottom? And well, maybe one day we can convince you to finally move onto full custom built masts :P

I really like the curve of your gundecks (especially where the coloured part narrows at the bow), and details such as the nets (hammock netting?) and the little doors under the quarterdeck really makes her pop.

She does suffer a bit from the bare rigging, and I will be looking very much forward to seeing her finished.

21 hours ago, Sebeus I said:

I can't wait because this ship is needed for a special operation (in BOBS).

This though, makes me a bit concerned! :pir-tongue:

Splendid looking ship, Sebeus :thumbup: Sleek lines and wonderful colors :wub:

My favorite part is the netting at the waist, and the way you attached the spanker boom - very cool.

The rigging is looking good so far, too, and I cannot wait to see her under full sail.

Keep it up!

17 minutes ago, Bregir said:
22 hours ago, Sebeus I said:

I can't wait because this ship is needed for a special operation (in BOBS).

This though, makes me a bit concerned! :pir-tongue:

Nah, don't worry. Hey, we talked about this, remember? She's simply part of that joint invasion fleet, helping to carry Marderian forces from Kings Port to Nelissa. But - shhhhh - no word to the greenies - like we agreed upon :wink: :grin:

Quite a pretty ship Sebeus, the white looks very good with the tan and greens, and the stern detailing is great! :thumbup: 

On 18 maart 2017 at 8:51 PM, Sir Stig said:

Sweet! Are the sides tilted? It looks like it, but I can't figure out how you did it. Smooth transition on the sides on the lengthwise curve. I take a bow for your snot techniques. 

Don't get me wrong, but: I like, in particular, the underside of the stern. On your ship.

Yep, sides are tilted, I'm quite pleased with the result, compared to my earlier ships this one has a much more subtile transition. Combination of cheese slopes, hinge plates and an ofset on the right places did the trick.

On 18 maart 2017 at 9:59 PM, Garmadon said:

Ah, another ship with an excellent stern design!  A very nice ship, Sebeus, with an unusual but neat color-scheme!  The curve of the side and the decks and activity are very well done, but probably my favorite thing up there is the way you left a space under the wheel for it to turn - I really have to remember that, as most of mine have had some issues with hitting the decks :grin:  Looking forward to seeing her with sails! 

You might want to check out the building instructions for the Imperial Flagship (6271 the old one), you'll find a very interesting playing feature :wink:.

On 19 maart 2017 at 2:23 PM, Legostone said:

Great ship, one again, Sebeus! I especially like the way you have implemented the lower stern here - I might have to steal most of that part if I do another prefab... Some other favourite details are (for me) the unicorn horns which you used in a few places and that fantastic skylight - looking great! I do, however, have a couple points of criticism. The quarterdeck is pretty much the same width everywhere - I know you managed to solve that on some of your other ships, here it just seems a bit too wide. As well as that, that upper spar for the gaff sail just doesn't fit the ship - maybe try something similar as you did on the bottom or just tie a string to it like you did on the bottom? And well, maybe one day we can convince you to finally move onto full custom built masts :P

One day perhaps, I can be very stubborn about these things :devil:.

The quarter deck does get a little bit thinner near the stern, like half a stud. But it's mainly due to the used building technique for the angled sides, because the ship is quite flat lengthwise there's only little difference in width throughout the length of the ship. You don't have that (or atleast not as much) with Captain Greenhair's frigate technique.

I might not go into costum mast building soon but I will get into costum hull building in the near future. Ofcourse in between I'll take it easy and do another prefab :grin:.

As I overlooked some...details...I am yet again in need of a ship, got to get building. Oh and I still need to put some proper sails on this one!

Edited by Sebeus I

I can simply echo the compliments others have passed on already.  It is a very detailed and very well thought out MOC.  You should be commended for having one of the nicest looking ships on the water.

On 2017-03-19 at 10:33 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Nah, don't worry. Hey, we talked about this, remember? She's simply part of that joint invasion fleet, helping to carry Marderian forces from Kings Port to Nelissa. But - shhhhh - no word to the greenies - like we agreed upon :wink: :grin:

Hey.  No snitching you!  Operation Lime Crush is a secret.

Rigging and sails added, 

this ship is now finished.

34268528825_afeaa4fb7a_c.jpg

See first post for updates.

Excellent job with those sails and rigging, Sebeus, that really takes the ship to another level entirely! :wub:  Out of curiosity, did you draw all the sail lines by hand (I've done that once myself, but I had already got the thing curved so it was way to hard to get the lines to resemble anything straight :grin:)?  Regardless, the ship really is superb! :pir-sweet:

17 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Excellent job with those sails and rigging, Sebeus, that really takes the ship to another level entirely! :wub:  Out of curiosity, did you draw all the sail lines by hand (I've done that once myself, but I had already got the thing curved so it was way to hard to get the lines to resemble anything straight :grin:)?  Regardless, the ship really is superb! :pir-sweet:

Thank you :sweet:

Yep, all drawn with a brown pencil, only did the front of the square sails though.

Nice sails! I like these brown lines, I shall try this on my ships too.:wink:

A bauty  as always. I wouldn't have thought that the white hull works so well. But in combination with the tan sides it's really appeasing.