Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

[Braaiiinnss] Cat C - The fighting cart

This is my entry for Cat C: vehicles of the 2017 "Braaiiinnss" contest: The fighting cart

Nobody knew how it started. First the elder succumbed to this plague, then the weak. There wasn't any discrimination. Peasants and nobles suffered the same fate. Even our gracious King fell ill and was transformed into one of these flesh-hungry beasts. With him gone, order crumbled and many lost faith in our fathers' gods. Entire cities started to either fall to this plague or were being evacuated. None should stay behind, as by doing so, his fate was sealed. A seemingly endless life of roaming hungry for human flesh. For succumbing to this plague mean that you get turned into a mindless zombie. We didn't even had time to find out how one could get sick. Most plague doctors believed that it was these creatures' breath. Or their smell. That's why most of the survivors wore masks or handkerchiefs on their face. Or even their oozing while you killed them. And oh, boy, we had our fair share of killing on our way out of the city... Our only hope was that these creatures were slow. Really slow. Unless they smelled human flesh. That drove them mad and could run like horses luckily for us, for a short distance only. I was a young lieutenant when all this happened. Our brave commander found an ox driven cart and we all got aboard. Munition was fortunately not a problem for us. It was time to flee but we didn't even know where to go. Just flee...

(Hint: For a better audiovisual experience, hear to this tune while visiting this post)

33114457440_289b94a976_c.jpg

32683770413_767ba74160_c.jpg

33369462721_55d10e610e_c.jpg

33369443291_e14798c42b_c.jpg

33456765896_dba152d4f1_c.jpg

More at Flickr and as always, thanks for watching and good luck everybody!

On 3/21/2017 at 6:24 PM, Kodan Black said:

I like it, cool concept. The landscape is nice and some great details within the cart. Good story too.

Thanks! I wanted to do something "piratical" and "plague-like" so as far as zombies are concerned, anything goes :tongue:

On 3/21/2017 at 4:06 PM, PaddyBricksplitter said:

Cool cart I never thought of zombie fighters from the past, if you have some zombie mini figs you should add them to the moc.

Thanks PB! I went with the "What if Black Plague during 1700s turned people into zombies instead of just boringly killing them" hypothetical question :tongue: but sadly my inadequate zombie numbers prevented me from adding one or two for flavor :sadnew:

At first I thought this was going to be based off of the bubonic plague, but this sounds even worse! The landscape looks really nice, and I like how you used the cows! I don't see any baseplate or plates underneath though, is it stable?

On 3/24/2017 at 5:53 AM, TheLazyChicken said:

At first I thought this was going to be based off of the bubonic plague, but this sounds even worse! The landscape looks really nice, and I like how you used the cows! I don't see any baseplate or plates underneath though, is it stable?

Thanks! I wanted to build something 1700s but with a zombie twist, so bubonic plague turning people into zombie was the "right" thing to do :tongue: 

Regarding the base, the "brick profile" bricks attached to the slopes and some hidden 2x16 plates under the baseplate does the trick. The baseplate is standing freely though on those 2x16 plates so not that stable indeed. Too much stuff to do, too little time to do them :hmpf_bad: