Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Bk. II: Challenge V: Cat. B: Dwarven Siege Works

After building Chenonceau, I was in a bit of a micro mood, and thought it would be fun to try my hand at a micro siege workshop. The whole build is only 8×8, and includes four micro siege weapons: one ballista, two catapults, and one siege tower.

Dwarves in Mitgardia have long been masters of creating devastating siege weapons. With new demand for armament to battle the Spire, these Dwarven craftsmen have put their forges to work forging powerful ballistas, catapults, and more.

Overview-4.jpg

Front-2.jpg

Left-2.jpg

Back-2.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments and suggestions always welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Nice job creating something on this scale, SK! I did not expect an 8x8 entry into a 32x32 category, certainly, but this looks great. You have done an excellent job of making it look functional and practical, just as one would expect from dwarves. My favorite details are the levers as cranes and the ridgelines of the roofs. 

This is quite unexpected, but a nice surprise altogether! The different siege weapons are really cool, as is the building in the background. Keep pumping out these micros, they're gorgeous!

This is amazing what you have achieved, the detail is unreal. I love the building but the seige weapons  are wicked :classic:

Great job with this, especially those micro siege weapons! :thumbup: 

22 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nice job creating something on this scale, SK! I did not expect an 8x8 entry into a 32x32 category, certainly, but this looks great. You have done an excellent job of making it look functional and practical, just as one would expect from dwarves. My favorite details are the levers as cranes and the ridgelines of the roofs. 

Thanks Henjin, I was not planning on entering the category at all, until this approach came to mind.

20 hours ago, TitusV said:

This is quite unexpected, but a nice surprise altogether! The different siege weapons are really cool, as is the building in the background. Keep pumping out these micros, they're gorgeous!

Thanks Titus!

16 hours ago, The Maestro said:

This is amazing what you have achieved, the detail is unreal. I love the building but the seige weapons  are wicked :classic:

Thank you! I started with the siege weapons, then went on to the actual building.

16 hours ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Nice one SK! Anyone else seeing this as a Summer Joust prize? :D

Thanks man, it might be a little small for a prize though :innocent:

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great job with this, especially those micro siege weapons! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai!

Wweee!  Awesome little micro, SK, loving those tiny little siege weapons! :excited:  Excellent job with the base and the buildings as well, especially that tower roof :thumbup:  Giving the other contestants a run for their money, I see! :wink: :grin:

Was definitely not expecting a micro build in Challenge V, but what a wonderful little build it is! The micro siege machines are fantastic, so much detail, and the base is very nice too, great work! :thumbup:

So sweet mini workshop with great NPUs :) I really like levers inside Grilles

Fantastic micro Isaac, each of the siege weapons is instantly recognizable :thumbup: The combination of wood and stone for the building is excellent as well, and I like that the second story switches to tudor. 

I like all the details in this microbuild. In fact, I can kind of picture what it would look like if it was full size.