TheBeeze

Post up your custom minifigs, weapons, and gear

32374046744_5ab4ba6d6b_z.jpg 

We figured we'd open up a thread here, where people can post up their military style minifigs, customs, weapons, and gear. 

Post up your pics and try to include a brief description and impression of the items and their brands. Let people know what you think about them as they might be interested in purchasing them. 

We realize there is a separate section in the forum for minifig customization, but this is specific to military and for this game. 

Post up what you got!

Edited by Thebeeze111

So I've been loyal to Brickarms for quite a few years.  I like the look, I like the size, and I like the durability.  Besides, Will Chapman is a good guy and great to talk to as he genuinely cares what people think about his product.

But as Brickarms did not have a vest geared towards a medic/corpsman, I needed something that looked the part.  After looking at a few other vendors, I decided to order some items from Tiny Tactical.  I placed my order, paid via paypal, and patiently waited for my order to arrive.  11 days later, I checked the mailbox on my way to work and saw that my goods arrived.  On my lunch break, I opened up the package and found this...

33098710380_9309e2d002.jpg

So of course, I've seen a few reviews of kids and their Tiny Tactical so seeing the box was good because honestly, I'm not a fan of the lil plastic cases; those things gotta add up in $$$ over the years.  But hey, then again, this ain't a cheap box either.  So I open up the box and of course, there's my invoice, shrunken, so it's a tiny receipt to go with my Tiny Tactical order...good one! I checked everything over against what I ordered and...ready for this...EVERYTHING I ORDERED WAS THERE!!!  I love when that happens!  So here's what I grabbed up...

32638798644_3aa08dd1a4.jpg

All of the gear was seperated into super tiny baggies.  As you can see, there are quite a few items related to a medic/corpsman...pouches, shears,...medic type stuff.  So now I have the daunting task of figuring out where to put everything and then attach it all to the vests.  I want a few different sets so one of the dark tan rigs will get recolored into a green I decide I like.

As cool as this stuff is, and I know me, I'll most likely order some more soon.  I am disappointed that many of the limited weapons are long gone, because they look good and I would really like to compare them to some others.

http://www.tinytactical.com/

More to come later...

Edited by Thebeeze111

44 minutes ago, paintballman said:

Must be about our army of the game, or generally for military equipment/minifigures that we have ?

Either, doesn't matter. Just general military stuff.

2 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

I checked everything over against what I ordered and...ready for this...EVERYTHING I ORDERED WAS THERE!!!

LOL, I found that funny

You mean it's common for orders of custom parts to be missing pieces?

[33468186546_8aa1729a1c_z.jpg

Working on a fig based on my real world kit.

Brick Arms Plate Carrier

Minifig.cat IBH helmet modified into a Crye Airframe Helmet

Brickwork Pack

Combat Brick L85 - Just picked a random gun. Waiting to finish my MK18 Mod 0.

I'm thinking I'm going to place an order here either this week or next week with Minifig.cat, if people are interested and want in on my order...I can place the main order, you guys Paypal me the money for the items and shipping when it's time to send it out.  Minifig.cat turnaround is about 1 week from Taiwan to Chicagoland.  If you are interested, PM me for more info.

Is shipping a lot since it's from Taiwan? Might make sense to jump in on this with you and split an order. I usually get their stuff from a US based reseller, but they don't carry their full product line. 

I figure I can do a large order, and any freebies we get that happen to get thrown in, we can split those amongst us all evenly.  And I'll quote everyone a shipping price from USA as fast as possible, in a brown mailer envelope.

1 hour ago, Thebeeze111 said:

Is shipping a lot since it's from Taiwan? Might make sense to jump in on this with you and split an order. I usually get their stuff from a US based reseller, but they don't carry their full product line. 

No, they use a standard cost. For Greece either for 1 or 100 pieces, the shipping cost is 5 $

16 hours ago, paintballman said:

No, they use a standard cost. For Greece either for 1 or 100 pieces, the shipping cost is 5 $

Ah good to know. Thank you!

Ok, definitely going to place an order next week with Minifig.cat.  (Tuesday the 28th?)  If you want in...let me know sooner than later what you want.  I'll input your order and you paypal me the money.  Shipping, when it's time, I'll follow up once the order arrives.  Minifig.cat turnaround is about 1 week from Taiwan to Chicagoland.  If you are interested, PM me for more info.

***EDITED THE DATE***

Edited by Stash2Sixx
They are closed April 1-4th. Besides earlier order means you get your gear sooner.

So I placed an order with Minifigcat a few weeks back, and once again, I received everything I ordered, which is always a good thing!  A few people asked if I could do a quick color comparison as some of the colors are different than what we are all used to.  So, here goes...

I like a lot of the stuff that Minifigcat makes, I like a lot of the stuff that Brickarms makes, I like stuff that Tiny Tactical makes; it all depends on what I need for a specific situation.

33591159916_6f2c094f0d.jpg

As you see above, there is a solid mix between LEGO, Minifigcat, and Brickarms.  

33475549862_1141a90463.jpg

The color Black seems to be universal across the wide range of 3rd party items.  The bricks used in the following pics are all LEGO 1x2 bricks, and I'll tell you who made what items so you can compare for yourself.  In this pic, we have a tactical belt, rocket launcher, and a large storage box all from Minifigcat.  Color match is spot on.  If anything, the box is a bit less glossy but other than that, looks good.

32789387994_81719e46d6.jpg

This is Iron Black.  The brick base is Dark Bluish Gray, the small storage box is black.  The large is Iron Black, along with the head of the sledge hammer.  The ARC (rifle) is from Brickarms.  I think Iron Black's closest match is to Brickarm's Gunmetal color.

32789384554_96950c02d4.jpg

I needed some berets, and I think these are fantastic, both in appearance and design.  This one is seen in Dark Green, which is an almost perfect match to LEGO's Earth Green, or Dark Green for all of us. Nothing else to say, pic says it all.

32789386834_ddba0656e8.jpg

The next color to talk about is Tank Green.  Helmet, Gun, pack, belt, large storage box, and fuel can are all in Tank Green.  I placed the items on an olive stack of LEGO bricks.  The Brickarms vest on the right is a great match for LEGO Olive (not Olive Drab, they don't make that color), but the tank green color is going to be difficult to match up to anything in LEGO's color palette for the time being.

33475544362_aec705e8f8.jpg

Minifigcat's version of Dark Tan.  The fuel can matches up very well.  If there was something more to say, I would type it...but there isn't!

33248427080_fec913139c.jpg

This is what Minifigcat calls Dark Tan 2.  In truth, there isn't really a big difference, at least not to me.  If there is, it's ever so subtle.  All in all, it still matches up to both LEGO and Brickarms dark tan very well.

So there you go.  A really quick comparison of colors between a few different manufacturers items.  Questions, go ahead and ask.  These are the only colors I ordered in this last order, but I can see adding to this in the future as my next order will contain a few more color options.

On 3/25/2017 at 2:14 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

33591159916_6f2c094f0d.jpg

Do the goggles come with the lenses? I noticed they have "Replacement" lenses as a separate item. Also would googles be able to stretch over the face while the strap is still wrapped around the helmet? May wanna add some to my order if I can make them work like my real deal helmet setup. 

Edited by Thebeeze111

The goggle covers stretch a lil bit so those would fit over the helmet.

If I'm being 100% honest, I do not recall if the goggles come with the lenses, although it may depend on which type of goggle you order.  Some look to be almost all one piece, where as the ones I ordered are not stretchy and need an insert of some type for a lens.

Was messing around with some minifig combinations last night for another side build I'm doing.

33611494161_d7805a466b_z.jpg 

32897799174_1bf67a752a_z.jpg 

Finished my sigfig.

33802009751_145fdfc86c.jpg

Interesting to note some of Minifig.cat's stuff is compatible with Brickforge's attachable line.

Custom CP Airframe Helmet

BrickArms Plate Carrier

Brickforge's Rucksack with pouch attachment and Minifig cat 870 Shotgun

Brickforge's belt and pouches

Custom MK18 Mod 0

Edited by Thebeeze111