Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

Book II Challenge V Cat. B: Katoren Siege Workshop

The architecture as usual, is spot on, the archs and domes look awesome :thumbup: I love the cluttered look inside the workshop, and the dark brown/black goes really nicely with the landscape colours and the tan. The suttle use of the seed part is also very affective :classic:

I spy a few dark red curves... :grin:  Great build LJ, I love those arches and the colors on the ground are very nice too.  Really good job on the building materials here and there, and I especially like the Kaliphlin colors draped over the front of the building!

Excellent build, LJ! I love the architecture here, as it is very Kaliphlinian and Arabian. The bustling atmosphere is great, and the colors are superb. You have a great eye for contrast and composition. The only thing I do not really like is the figures themselves; the red and yellow next to dark red and tan and all of the earth tones is a bit visually jarring (fleshies, however verboten they may be in your eyes, would improve the scene, I think). Besides that, though, I like everything else. 

Some people near me were singing "Arabian Nights" from Aladdin as I was looking at this, completing the experience...

A really nice bustling workshop. The stacks of various parts and the arches appeal the most to me. Also the two small domes and the brickwork are nice. I need to add more detail to my own to make it as good as this.

You have out-done yourself LJ! :wub: :wub_drool: The colourscheme is both beautiful and refreshing (I had never thought dark orange and flesh (?) would work so well together) :thumbup:  

The build is easily recognisable as Kaliphlin, with the great arch design and domes, while all the goods and minifigs make for a very busy feeling!

Overall, an amazing job man!

The open air approach fits Kaliphlin perfectly, and looks beautiful :thumbup: The two workers frustrated over a bent wheel is a great touch :laugh:

Superb entry, John! The way all those materials are laying around in stock and are being carried around and put together by minifigs throughout the build is fantastic! Beautiful architecture as well! :thumbup:

Awesome build, John! I love the action as well as the architecture throughout! I actually had the idea of going for flesh+dark orange, I guess you've been quicker.. but at least now I know: they're just wonderful together ^^

Very nice build overall, bit those arches are stealing the attention :classic:

I love this entry!  The arches are fantastic and the banners flowing over the edge are a great touch.  Feels exactly how Kaliphin should. :wub:

Nice siege workshop there. I like the architecture and all the minifigures. The ballista under construction is nice too.