Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

[OL - FB] RNTC - Up And Down The River

Ahoy there, fellow BoBS'ers.

Nothing much today, just another little scene along the river a bit upstream of Lavalette.

Up And Down The River

33431894136_de7220f238_c.jpg

While barrels full of peppercorn are floating downstream towards Lavalette - okay, sometimes they get stuck - the other direction is not less frequented. Here you can see a dedicated crew transporting a waterwheel to the side of a sawmill currently under construction a bit further upstream. As hard a task that might be - fortunately, there are always people who seem to have an even nastier job - apparently good enough an opportunity to make fun of those poor souls...

33431897486_3aed32e4b8_c.jpg

33344418371_54f130b189_c.jpg

33089247950_29526fc913_c.jpg

There isn't really anything more to describe here :grin:

About:

Nothing much to tell here either... As usual, all can be built... and also as usual, placing those minifigs was the most annoying part.

Thanks for watching,

C&C welcome!

Vive le Roi!

Very nice build, KB, and that waterwheel is definitely the stand-out piece of it!  All those spokes look great, and a good idea using the ship's wheel in the middle of it too! :pir-wink:  The time spent posing the figs was well worth it as well, and I particularly like the (poor :grin:) fellows pushing the raft upstream.  Excellent job on that little boat also! :thumbup:

I like what you did with the water, portraying the bottom of the river. The jungle is also a nice part of the build, especially with all those nice palm trees. My favorite part with probably be the waterwheel though.

Great scene KB - the water wheel looks great and I imagine will look even better on the potential future sawmill!

What makes the scene for me is the inclusion of the under water part - something I think I will be trying out myself soon.

Neat scene. You always do really good vegetation but the waterwheel is my favorite part here. I've seen ships' wheels used in the center before, but the rest of that design is unique among Lego waterwheels that I'm familiar with. I think it's a really nice design, and it would be cool to see it in real bricks. And the delivery of the wheel per the story is pretty good too. 

C'mon! Did I had a blind week or something? I keep missing masterpieces!!! Thanks Dee for bringing it up again! KB, great depicting everyday minifig "chores"!!! You can't build a large city just by laying on the beach though :tongue:

I too appear to have missed this. Great looking scene, KB, and I really like how you reference former builds to tie it all nicely together. Raft and boat are both nice, and that waterwheel is massive! :O One wonders if we will ever see that as a part of a finished watermill? (Pweeeeeaaaaase! @_@)

The jungle is nice too, as is the inclusion of the riverbed. Good work all around! Lavalette is progressing nicely! Still hoping the order of the faith will present more of an opposition to the RNTC than they have done so far, though ! ;)

A very detailed and sopisticated build, nice job! The waterwheel is enormous! Minifigs look really mini next to it.

Is that M. Thibault the bare chest dude in the water?:laugh:

Very creative! But I wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to assemble the wheel locally. If I'll ever build a mill, I will try my hands on a similar exemplar. Very elaborated.