Sign in to follow this  
LucasLaughing

[SoNE Ep XIV] Saleucami - Stranger in a familiar land

Grace was true to her word, and a few days after completing a "job" for one of her associates I found myself traveling cargo class, leaving the Kuat system hidden in the hold of a merchant vessel whose captain owed Grace a favor.  There seemed to be a lot of that going on lately.  

I assumed she'd be bringing me to her, but she said she wanted a few days to research Agent An, and to see if the ISB had been trying to kill me, specifically, on Commenor, or if I'd just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In the meantime, she sent me to the last place I expected: home.

32652544813_a3e101de36_c.jpg

My folks had long since moved into Taleucema City, but my sister Alauni, my brother A'den and his husband Lon still managed the family farm I'd grown up on.

33310969382_9c5083bdc2_c.jpg

How long since I've been on the farm?  The last time I was here Lon was just A'den's new boyfriend, Alauni was out racing swoops most nights, and I was back from my second tour of duty aboard the Vigilanttaking a week of leave before I was supposed to transfer to a new battle station they were calling the 'Death Star.'

32652534113_e6db75a898_c.jpg

Everyone was glad to see me, but it sometimes seemed like there was a kind of distance between us.  Like I'd changed so much, that they didn't recognize me all the way anymore.  

It was good to see them, though.  Really good.  They joked about how pale I'd gotten, and only half believed me when I protested that most of my jobs took place at night, or required a helmet.  I joked about how they were uncultured dirt farmers that were already turning into our parents.

They did not joke about how I now carry a blaster with me at all times.  They did not joke about how the first crack of thunder, from the daily storms that occur during the wet season, sent me diving to the ground, eyes darting wildly while I tried to determine where the artillery was coming from.  They did not joke about how long it took me to stop shaking after that...

33083526390_e47dfc6e65_c.jpg

Spoiler

Thanks for viewing!  I'm afraid I spent too much time on my last few Andromeda's Gates builds, and then made slower progress on this one than I expected.

I'm pretty happy with the landscape, especially the river bank, but I wasn't able to come up with a building/structure that I was satisfied with.  Ah well, maybe next time.

Overall build:

33084098010_7f82884644_c.jpg

Reference pics (1st from 'Revenge of the Sith,' 2nd from Clone Wars 'The Deserter' episode)

33311005702_a03f9e936a_c.jpg

33083550060_5110304577_c.jpg

Very good build :thumbup: I really like the way you've done the transition from land to the murky water with the slopes. The drain is also a very good idea and I like the way the pipe runs through the land.

Great story! I like the fenced in area and the plant life. The murky water and drain are super, how you tied it into an irrigation system seems very real. :thumbup:

Wow! Great story and superb environment! I'm equally impressed looking at the Vigilant you built years ago, that's a fine Nebulon B Frigate you've built.