This is my entry into the Architecture category of Marchitecture. It was a very fun challenge to work in the Architecture scale, and see how much of the real building’s detail I could capture. Due to the small scale, it was easy to make revisions, a good thing as it took quite a few experiments to get each area of the Chateau to look how I wanted.

Overview-2.jpg

bac.jpg

BC.jpg

Reflection.jpg

More pics on my website.

Thanks for looking :classic:

I couldn't quite picture the subject from reading the title but I knew the name was familiar, and one glimpse was enough for me: this is just about perfect. :wub: It's really quite brilliant, and if The LEGO Group has any sense they'll copy this design piece-by-piece, sell it as an Architecture set, and... pay you a royalty, of course. :pir-wink: Having seen so many splendid minifig scale builds from you, something different is actually really neat, and you've done about as good a job as could possibly be done at that scale. I'd buy it without even thinking! :thumbup:

For some reason the second pic seems the most definitive to me, probably because it's the viewing angle I'm most familiar with (from my trusty book of castles and chateaux and other big estates :grin: ) but it truly looks great from every angle. Fantastic work.

Chenonceau also features a big formal garden, correct? I suppose that would really be a challenge at this scale... But it really doesn't need anything else. You've captured the look, and the river looks nice too.

Keep it up. :classic:

Edit: I must say the reflection in the water is beautifully realistic.

Edited by Captain Dee

Beautiful! I saw this build on Brothers Brick (I think) the other day and shared the link with some friends. I'm really taken by your choice of motive (I had no idea its an actual real-life building) and the way its executed. Looks really brilliant with an impressive level of detailing. As it is, it could wander straight into an official set, if you ask me :classic: :thumbup:

15 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wonderful medieval masterpiece! :wub:

10 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

I couldn't quite picture the subject from reading the title but I knew the name was familiar, and one glimpse was enough for me: this is just about perfect. :wub: It's really quite brilliant, and if The LEGO Group has any sense they'll copy this design piece-by-piece, sell it as an Architecture set, and... pay you a royalty, of course. :pir-wink: Having seen so many splendid minifig scale builds from you, something different is actually really neat, and you've done about as good a job as could possibly be done at that scale. I'd buy it without even thinking! :thumbup:

For some reason the second pic seems the most definitive to me, probably because it's the viewing angle I'm most familiar with (from my trusty book of castles and chateaux and other big estates :grin: ) but it truly looks great from every angle. Fantastic work.

Chenonceau also features a big formal garden, correct? I suppose that would really be a challenge at this scale... But it really doesn't need anything else. You've captured the look, and the river looks nice too.

Keep it up. :classic:

Edit: I must say the reflection in the water is beautifully realistic.

Thanks Captain Dee :sweet: The second view is definitely the more common view, I went with the other side for my overview since it has more water out front to give the neat reflection. It does have a large formal garden, for the Marchitecture contest, entries are limited to 32x32, so I reduced it to just the main building.

7 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Beautiful! I saw this build on Brothers Brick (I think) the other day and shared the link with some friends. I'm really taken by your choice of motive (I had no idea its an actual real-life building) and the way its executed. Looks really brilliant with an impressive level of detailing. As it is, it could wander straight into an official set, if you ask me :classic: :thumbup:

Thank you!

7 hours ago, GhostDog said:

This is a gorgeous little build!