Sign in to follow this  
kaiju

[SR - FB1 - Mar 617 - Ship] Lenore 4T2

Captained by Roderick Graves, the Lenore is recent arrival in the trading ports of the Sea Rats.

TZlw7ro.png

UjluZQW.png

rYNqHTl.png

2qz7Uvh.png

eBWDL5k.png

LYVXooC.png

B86WO45.png

8okFKZt.png

Edited by kaiju
Image Hosting

A very nice vessel!  As you've already proved before, those technic sails can look really good (especially in black :grin:), and the black/white colorscheme works perfectly for a Sea Rat's ship as well!  Excellent job on the overall shaping too, I think I may be taking notes from that stern for a future vessel.  Splendid work!  

I hope we'll soon be seeing her terrorizing the Brick Seas (especially Mardier :pir_laugh2:)? :pir-devil:

26 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

A very nice vessel!  As you've already proved before, those technic sails can look really good (especially in black :grin:), and the black/white colorscheme works perfectly for a Sea Rat's ship as well!  Excellent job on the overall shaping too, I think I may be taking notes from that stern for a future vessel.  Splendid work!  

I hope we'll soon be seeing her terrorizing the Brick Seas (especially Mardier :pir_laugh2:)? :pir-devil:

Thank you.  I think I should probably have used the opposite piece for the bottom of the spanker sail, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with how these sails work out.  

9 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

One more wonderful ship with brick built sails. Although the name is already taken:grin:

True story: I know someone who accidentally named one of the RPG character's after a brand of athlete's foot powder. In any case, if it isn't obvious, this ship is named for a poem. And thank you for the kind words regarding the build.

1 minute ago, kaiju said:
15 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

One more wonderful ship with brick built sails. Although the name is already taken:grin:

True story: I know someone who accidentally named one of the RPG character's after a brand of athlete's foot powder. In any case, if it isn't obvious, this ship is named for a poem. And thank you for the kind words regarding the build.

:thumbup: (great poem btw)

Very nice ship, the white really stands out against the black and the shape of the hull is pretty good too!

Somehow you've managed to make you trading ship more ominous looking than my warship.  Hopefully you scare away too many merchants. :sweet:

Q: The last pic in the series shows you propping open the 'gun port' flags with... um... grabby bits.  Is that you overcome some gravity mechanic in LDD or am I missing something obvious?

41 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Somehow you've managed to make you trading ship more ominous looking than my warship.  Hopefully you scare away too many merchants. :sweet:

Q: The last pic in the series shows you propping open the 'gun port' flags with... um... grabby bits.  Is that you overcome some gravity mechanic in LDD or am I missing something obvious?

Less obvious, actually.  Those bits are where the flames were attached for the Lost Soul's Tide, and I forgot to remove them.

@Kai NRG Thank you.  I've been practicing with hull designs and trying to make the cabins look a bit more integrated.

@Brandon Stark Thanks.  I find the technic panel sails easier to work with than standard plates, and don't like leaving the masts empty.

Edited by kaiju