Professor Thaum

[SR - FB1] The Dusk (Gargoyle sistershiped)

After days on my raft, sucking Aglae's sap to survive... I finally arrived on a island called Nest of Thieves.

Most to say, it was not the most civilized one. But the people here were of good comapny, and it definitely was the place to settle has a doctor...

There's always someone in need for your skills, and furthermore I finally had time to raise an apprentice.

After some years I salted away a pretty good nest egg, enough to offer me a pretty nice ship (class 2 F cutter), actually docked at Bastion.

Let me introduce yourself : the Gargoyle

t74n.png

hull length : 15 m

full length : 20 m

master beam : 3m

register tonnage : 30

Only light weaponry : 2 guns on the bow and 2 carronades near the stern.

Spoiler

RP OFF : this ship is LDD made, the topic with a nice photo of the brickbuilt Gargoyle will be updated as soon as the ordered parts will arrive.

no sails with LDD, the red parts are to figure the points where the sails will fit to the masts

TECHNICAL DETAIL : a carronade is a little cannon, less powerfull, without kick, able to rotate on its carriage 

Edited by Professor Thaum

Wow, amazing job for your first vessel on BoBs! Great shapes and nice details :)

As I said elsewhere, very neat little ship here!  The curves on the front are very well done, and the hatches, guns, and lanterns are great touches as well! :thumbup:  Looking forward to seeing her in the brick! :pir-sweet:

This is a well design ship with good proportions. :thumbup: Small to medium sized vessels are always a nice sight. Keep up the good work!

That is a lovely ship and a great first offering for BoBS.    The deck guns at the rear caught my eye as a bit of creativity (yellow fuse line?) and the cargo hatches were a nice counter point colour in my eyes.

Coming off a flu, so my lightheaded brain took a second to realize you had a furled jib rather than a sprit sail at the front. Though the latter would be fun if you wanted turn really fast I guess. :laugh:

This is indeed a very good ship ! And for a first one it is great !

Good job ! I am curious to see how your funny story will continue...

As I said elsewhere, this is an amazing start to your shipowning career in BoBS. I am quite impressed with what appears to be a brickbuilt hull, and the rigging is looking pretty nice too, although I think your mast should be taller. Your railings are nice, and details such as the ladder, the capstan, the armament and hatches really add to her. Well done - will be looking forward to seeing her in the brick. :)

Very neat little ship. I can't wait to see it brick built

small update, these are the new ship characteristic according to the new rules :

THE GARGOYLE  - classe 2 ship (cutter)

R    M    G    C    $    H

3     6     0     0    2    1

Fast, swift and maneuverable with some cargo space, the Gargoyle is not a war ship and is not willing to withstand a tussle.

Looking nice, Professor, I'm really liking this little vessel! :pir-wink:  The rig is coming along great as well!

Nice one Thuam! It's a beautiful ship out of LDD.

Great first BoBS ship! I was going to say great little ship, but it really isn't that little. It looks very playable, too.

And that rigging is looking great! Very nice all-around!  :thumbup:

Genial! A new ship, we haven't seen them very often lastly and yours is a nice one, good job on the custom hull and rigging.

Cutter with complete rigging, a 3 hours fight with a tiny rope, cissors, technical pins and fat hands

ybk2.jpg

p3lp.jpg

y8w7.jpg

And except the sails, the ship needs only a few greeblings to be finished.

The sails ASAP, all the calculations with Al Kashi theorem are over.

Great cutter! I can see it has a lot of details and the rigging adds even more to the realism.

The lasts pics :

dovc.jpg

hf5q.jpg

The figurehead :

b3yc.jpg

nu4n.jpg

zcj6.jpg

The holds :

5fw1.jpg

imp3.jpg

The Captain, Richard Turpin, former highwayman from Corrington, he left because of some troubles with a local governor, the Doctor offered him to be captain of the Gargoyle.

wenc.jpg

The Crew :

i413.jpg

otlc.jpg

C&C welcome, other pics on demand, the Gagoyle is not likely to be destroyed for pieces (too many time for rigging and sails)

She has turned out real well, Professor. Many great details, like the anchor winch, the swivel guns and the figure head, and a good looking rigging. I wish her all the best in the MRCA's to come! :D

I would say that she is a class 3, being too large for a class 2.

For c&C I would suggest you take a picture from further away where you zoom in - first, it allows you to get it all in one picture, and second it makes the perspective look more natural and the pictures thus more pleasing to watch. I typically take all my pictures from a distance zoomed all the way in on the standard lens on my camera.

As I've already said, great custom hull, the shape is excellent, the fully tilted deck and even the hold is tilted, I like the lamp on the mast, there's a lot of fine details on your ship. Good job, doctor.

On 13/08/2017 at 6:29 AM, Mesabi said:

Nice one Thuam! It's a beautiful ship out of LDD.

I'm very pleased with the real bricks rendering... however, the drift seems very frail
.. I have to change it

On 15/08/2017 at 10:01 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Great first BoBS ship! I was going to say great little ship, but it really isn't that little. It looks very playable, too.

And that rigging is looking great! Very nice all-around!  :thumbup:

Thanks, all my MOCs are 8-years-old-boy-proof (except for the drift) all the ship is playable, and my son  has already tested it. The bowsprit pull itself out when crashing against a wall.   :grin:

On 23/08/2017 at 11:56 AM, Bodi said:

Genial! A new ship, we haven't seen them very often lastly and yours is a nice one, good job on the custom hull and rigging.

On 10/09/2017 at 1:40 AM, Bodi said:

Great cutter! I can see it has a lot of details and the rigging adds even more to the realism.

23 hours ago, Bodi said:

As I've already said, great custom hull, the shape is excellent, the fully tilted deck and even the hold is tilted, I like the lamp on the mast, there's a lot of fine details on your ship. Good job, doctor.

thanks for all the kind words... It makes me willing to built some other ships (I have parts for 3 more, and they will be a little bit bigger than this one)

On 14/09/2017 at 11:06 PM, Garmadon said:

Congrats! :pir-grin: :pir_laugh2: :thumbup:

thanks !

23 hours ago, Bregir said:

She has turned out real well, Professor. Many great details, like the anchor winch, the swivel guns and the figure head, and a good looking rigging. I wish her all the best in the MRCA's to come! :D

I would say that she is a class 3, being too large for a class 2.

For c&C I would suggest you take a picture from further away where you zoom in - first, it allows you to get it all in one picture, and second it makes the perspective look more natural and the pictures thus more pleasing to watch. I typically take all my pictures from a distance zoomed all the way in on the standard lens on my camera.

Thanks, the figurehead was the piece which started this ship. I was seeking what to do with this kind of minifig... and I think this is a good use !

I don't know if it is too big for a class2, but I will check for the correct size.

I'm not a very good photographer, but I will try your suggestion for the next time.

The Gargoyle finally reach the third class..

Here are the new stats :

THE GARGOYLE  - classe 3 ship (cutter)

R    M    G    C    $    H

4     6     0     0    4    1

The sistership of the Gargoyle : the Dusk

Class 3 cutter too

R   M   G   C   $   H

4    5    1    0   4    1

New figurehead

ubzn.png

efti.jpg

New colors

mlii.png

ymlt.jpg

FTA custom sails

hja5.jpg

0p49.jpg

The captain : Richard Turpin, and some of the crew members who escaped the Terraversa trap

Bonus

d6wy.jpg