Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Knights' Kingdom Sets 8874 & 8875

In my local Toys R Us today (in the U.S.), high within the overstock items were two new Knight's Kingdom Sets. They were sets 8874 (Battle Wagon) and 8875 (King's Siege Tower). Not bad looking sets at all. Both sold for $19.99 (US dollars). I'm guessing we should be seeing these sets at SAH soon.

I'm not a big Knight's Kingdom fan, but like the new Vladek castle that Bloody Jay posted pictures of. These sets seem to be getting better (if they would just nix the bright red, green, blue, and purple armor) and use gray armor over colored clothing- would be an improvement. Although I do somewhat like the helmets (reminds me of the movie Krull if any of you saw this).

Over stocked you say? Well, if they don't sell make sure you buy them up then sell them yourself on eBay in about 12-18 months times. You'll make a killing out of them.

No, actually, they were on the top shelf were they keep the overstock. None on the shelf. They had two of each set.

My local TRU (in the states...one month to go...) had about 10 8873s. I bought one and was pleasantly surprised! Only 3 new grey pieces!

God Bless,

Nathan

My TRU in San Diego had four of the new sets last night, the same four as on Amazon. I had to buy the Dark Fortress... The back of the instruction book shows five new sets though. They had 8874, 8875, 8876, and 8877. (No 8873)

I haven't finished putting it together yet, but it is really great. The three super-shadow nights have to be seen to be believed. They just look perfect.

They always get the sets first in the USA. Always!!! Always!!!

In Denmark the sets are'nt going to be out before mid september *devil*

I could always buy them from Ebay, but thats to expensive. Especially the shipping from USA to Denmark.

same here in Canada my local tru got alot of the new construction some new 4 plus and some of the knights i think i was told by my friend at the lego store that i go to that lego worked out a deal with tru because there such a "big" store so they got some of the stuff now other wise most stores get it in auguast or atleast my local store should get it then

well maby so but they dont really like Canada this is like the first time this has ever happend but the states lego is just *wub* in love with them *wub*

Maybe the USA told LEGO Canada was now another one of their states, and LEGO believed them...

My Tru in Duluth, MN had four sets out also. Though I think it is sort of against policy to put them out before LEGO's official release dates. ;)

Still, I picked up the smallest one and I have to say that I like the small KK2 from last year better. I like the newer colors dark red, the new silver, the dark tan parts on Santis (red knight) but the catapult thing looks clunky. It does fire nicely though.

I will wait until there are some sales before I buy any of the more expensive sets.

I still am waiting for year one sets to go on clearance. :/

hey i went to my local tru and they had only this new one i think well i took pics its the scorpion cave

post-10-1117743650.jpg

Thanks for the pics. This looks like the second best KK2 set, behind Vladek's Fortress.

Definitly... Lego castles are becoming better and better ! :-D

and here is another...

Excellent work once again Chewie Barker!

Does the Scorpion Cave have a flap like the LEGO sets of old once did?

um if i remember from seeing the box it was 2 of these black fences like this stuck together so im assuming its a flap rather then a gate that goes up and down vertically

EDIT: hey mr phes ive seen you say "hoodwink" befor what do you mean by that?...and this chewie barker you speak of nice name ;)

post-10-1117802031.jpg

I meant did the box itself have a flap? If you've seen the front of old LEGO boxes then you might have noticed that they lift up to reveal plastic windows of the boxes contents.

This picture....

P6030249.JPG

Made it appear as though there was a flap of sorts on the box.

ohhhhhhhhhhh now i know what you mean ok yeah i know what your talking about though with the plastic windows to see the peices but yes the box itself did have a flap on the front