Sign in to follow this  
teos

USA Toys R Us has 42042 for 30% off (~$105)

I hope this is okay to post, as I'm running out of time before I have to leave for the day and cannot fully verify the rules.  For those of us in the USA this is about as good as it gets.  42042 for about $105 plus tax at Toys R Us online (limited time).  This is one of my favorite sets and I was thrilled to be able to get a second one for a good price.  I hope you can snatch one up, if you've been holding out for a deal.  BTW- these are nearly gone just about everywhere else for even retail.

I apologize if this was posted to the wrong board (& I don't know how to move it where it should be).  I saw this deal just before I left for class and thought it read Monday only, so I quickly ordered one, posted this and left.  It appears that the deal is for the whole week, though there's no telling how long these will last, as I believe the set has been retired.  

I'm just debating whether or not I should buy a 3rd, so that I can build both cranes and that nice bulldozer c-model.

P.S. Funny thing is that I've been hoping it would go on sale, though I only recall the occasional 20% off from TrU (except for holiday deals).  It certainly made my morning awesome and hope it boosted other people's day.  We just don't get these kind of deals often enough.

2 hours ago, teos said:

I hope it boosted other people's day.  We just don't get these kind of deals often enough.

Haha, it did for me. Thanks for sharing, this forum is the reason I have the Arocs (and soon) the crane.

That is true, IMO there aren't very many sales for Technic. :sceptic: 

They must be all fake as and pointless as "Toys R us" went bust back in 2018.

Edited by lamaii

12 hours ago, lamaii said:

They must be all fake as and pointless as "Toys R us" went bust back in 2018.

Perhaps it was this exact deal posted in March 2017 that bankrupted them? Curse all of you for buying Lego at less than full RRP (and sometimes more than RRP from my memories of TRU)