Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Tags: Civil, Building, Spaceship

Traig IV, Octan Canal Settlement. Previously...

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Jeb: Goddamnit CLAPPIE, make this thing go faster!

[O - E10] Curtain Call

CLAPPIE: I'm sorry Jebediah, but you chose quite possibly the slowest escape vessel in the entire shipyard. By the way, Archive Security fighters are closing in, ETA 22 seconds.

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Jeb: [expletive deleted] thanks CLAPPIE. Appreciate the heads up.

CLAPPIE: Of course.

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Jeb: We're hit!

CLAPPIE: Systems critical.

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Jeb: Aaarrrgggggg!!!

CLAPPIE: Complete failure imminen-

*skaddosh* *boom*

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Fighter Pilot: There's no way anyone could have survived that crash. I can't say I understand why President Business ordered us to shoot down our own top special forces agent...

Fighter Pilot 2: I'd rather not ask questions- I'm sure the big boss had his reasons.

A week later, onboard the OCS Axle, hazardous materials lab:

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Lab Tech: Dr. Long?

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Long: Yes?

Lab Tech: I have a parcel and letter to be delivered to 'Danielle'

Long: Don't call me that.

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Lab Tech: Sorry, ma'am. *shuffles away nervously*

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Dear Danielle,

I'm sure you think me dead, they all do. It's better that way. I'm afraid I have a few confessions to make. I never told you everything about my experience with your time machine. To be honest, I met myself. In the past. I am not proud of who I was. I did many, many, terrible, dark, awful things. And I am not proud of that. I also met your mother. She seemed like an amazing woman, taken from this life by a desperate fool stretched to his limit. That man was me. From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry. I'm not the man I once was. Enclosed you will find the full tapes from Project ICARUS. I sincerely hope they have the answers you seek and can finally bring some closure to the life of your mother. You will also find the tapes from a very old initiative called Project EAGLE. Selective mind manipulation - President Business used it on me to turn me in to who I am today. I was done killing, I wanted out, and President Business turned me against myself. Don't trust him- he will use you just like he used me. Don't come looking for me. You won't find me. I'm done living a lie. I'm out, for good.

Your friend,

Jebediah

[O - E10] Curtain Call

[O - E10] Curtain Call

Spoiler

Wow, I'm finished. What a ride. At some points I never thought I would see Jebediah's story fully fleshed out, and I never would have been able to do it alone. HUGE thanks to my fellow Octan players, Kodan and Goatman for keeping us organized, Pombe for making me laugh every week, Lucas for giving me inspiration countless times, and DLL (wherever you are) for working through the ups and downs of our many convoluted story arcs :blush: Big thanks as well to the judges, Bob, Sal, Epsilon, Lady K- for making this whole thing possible. :wub:

Spoiler Image 1

A lot of great stuff packed into this build!  I loved the micro-scene & the doors in Dr Long's lab, and I actually really like the shot you hid behind the spoiler as a final look at Jebediah.  

Great conclusion! I too like that last parting shot as he begins his new life. Hopefully at some point we get DLL to post one more time.