Elephant Knight

Two Dinghies

I had an idea how to enlarge the rowboats. I always thought that the walls were too low to really MOC well. Then I came to the obviously solution that since one can clip clips to the sides, why not go that route? This is my result:

33279067581_0bf4e8249f_n.jpgJack Sparrow's Dinghy by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

33024448760_7b275f6804_n.jpgJack Sparrow's Dinghy by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

33279069661_47a14ebbe7_n.jpgJack Sparrow's Dinghy by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

After I built this, I went and overhauled (No pun intended)  another little dinghy I had sitting around, one that was based on one form one of those old Ideas books.

32564566184_071b5cc629_n.jpgWeezil's Dinghy by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

33024446360_8909a98b06_n.jpgWeezil's Dinghy by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

32564563444_5e6941898e_n.jpgWeezil's Dinghy by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Comments are welcome!

EKnight

As one who has about two dozen of these laying around with nothing to do with them...

THANK YOU!

These are excellent, and there is a roughly 90% chance that I will be borrowing some of these ideas in the future!

Is there any chance we could get some detail shots of the stern of Jack Sparrow's boat, so we can see how it's held on?

A good way to use those little prefab hulls.

In Brethren Of the Brick Seas RPG, some players (including me) have already used those hulls to create some micro ships, but this scale works very well !

Good job !

IMHO these are, by a wide margin, the best row boat add-ons I've seen. i more fond of the first one, but they are both great. Thank for sharing!

7 hours ago, kurigan said:

IMHO these are, by a wide margin, the best row boat add-ons I've seen. i more fond of the first one, but they are both great. Thank for sharing!

Likewise, which is why I immediately opened LDD and started trying to copy the first one- hence my asking for more details on the stern, specifically in relation to how it attached to the rest of the boat.

25 minutes ago, Elephant Knight said:

Here you go, for those interested

Interesting...

I'm having trouble making everything work in LDD, so this is just to approximate, but is the stern light attached via means similar to this?

33448009265_9abe594e81.jpg

Oh, that's WAY better than what I had!  I didn't even think of a rudder, and I didn't think that holder would stay attached very well the way I had it.  Now I love this one even more!

Never thought one can do that with the prefab rowboat, ideal for building a mini-fleet.

Anyone is free to borrow this idea.

I can see both advantages and disadvantages to using the tile clip. Pro, More variety in colour striping, but a con would be slightly thicker walls. I\ll play around with that perhaps.

EKnight