Sign in to follow this  
Muakhah

Irrigation ditches of Khadira

Two farm workers cross one of the many fertile gullies used to grow crops near Khadira. When the rain from the East hits the Rakarth mountains it carves gullies and channels through the rock and dirt. When the summer comes they remain relatively fertile compared to the dried out soil surrounding them. With a minimum of labor the water can be regulated to last the year allowing various crops to be grown in these channels. Anywhere where water can flow is somewhere the people of Khadira must grow. For the growing population needs food.

Irrigation 1Irrigation 2Irrigation 3Irrigation 4

Just another little build to develop the Town of Khadira. I hope this would be enough to claim agriculture or farming when it comes to putting the place on the map according to some guidelines I read before.

I am really enjoying building these little scenes. I have one more to post but then will have to put them on hold for a bit while I finish up the Category B siege weapon.

I feel kind of bad for the striped-shirt guy; he has to make all sorts of bricks and then start farming, too, while the other guy just supervises him. Nice little SNOT landscape!

18 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I feel kind of bad for the striped-shirt guy; he has to make all sorts of bricks and then start farming, too, while the other guy just supervises him. Nice little SNOT landscape!

Lol poor guy!

Cool vignette, the snotted base is quite nice! :thumbup:

Cute vignette. I am very interested by that kind of "real life" models. How did You get their hats? I never saw them in LEGO...

Great idea for a build, and executed nicely :thumbup: I like the RB in the ditch to give the impression of wetter soil, and the 1x1 round tiles help break up the tan landscape nicely.

Again, great scene of common people in a common scene really says volumes.  I love the canal with the green in contrast with the sparse earth around it.  The boards across the ditch are a nice touch.  If there is anything I don't care for, it's the pirate face on the mini in front.  That's my own preference, though, as I have never liked that face and don't think it goes well with anything but a pirate.  Overall, very well done!